Best time for Eastern Med/Greek Isles Cruise

irishayes

We are looking to book an Eastern Med/Greek Isles cruise for our 30th anniversary in 2014. Considering the Celebrity Silhouette which begins in Rome and ends in Venice.

Looks like these cruises operate from May-Oct. Is there a better time to cruise this itinerary? We love beaches, but don't necessarily want to be doing other excursions when it's blistering hot.

Will it be warm enough for beach weather in May or September? Or do we need to cruise in the summer in order to get beach weather?

Thanks for any help!

I've cruised the Eastern Med 3 times. Avoid the heat and crowds of June-August.

If you are interested in some beaches, September is probably better than May, because the water will have been warmed up all summer and should still be pleasant. I wouldn't go before mid-September; a couple of years ago I was embarking in Athens and it was 99 degrees at the end of September.

I would say the best time to go is May and June or September/ Early October.

I would avoid July and August as it will be hot and crowded and schools are out too.

I sailed in late September/Oct and the weather was gorgeous, came back with a tan just through walking around. :)

Archived