Wheelchair in suites

ludde

I'm a wheelchair user and I want access to the concierge lounge and extended room service menu given to people in suites.

However, it seems like RCCL has no wheelchair accessible rooms that give you these extras. The highest room category for wheelchairs is JS.

What are my options? It seems unfair, maybe they should change so the highest possible room category for wheelchair users (i.e. Accessible JS) also gives access to these extras?

I'm a wheelchair user and I want access to the concierge lounge and extended room service menu given to people in suites.

However, it seems like RCCL has no wheelchair accessible rooms that give you these extras. The highest room category for wheelchairs is JS.

What are my options? It seems unfair, maybe they should change so the highest possible room category for wheelchair users (i.e. Accessible JS) also gives access to these extras?

I think you should call and talk with Crown & Anchor or the Accessibility Department. There was a couple on our cruise last week who were in an accessible JS with suite benefits...I don't think they were Pinnacle.

I just started a thread about this the other day in fact. I too am a wheelchair user full time and have always wondered why none of the suites (besides JS) are wheelchair accessible.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1821989&highlight=accessible+suites

I visited friends in an Owners Suite on Radiance and the doors were plenty wide enough but the bathroom had a 6" step up and I cant stand and walk at all.

It seems I will never gain access to Concierge Lounge. The chances of me becoming Pinnacle are slim to none unless I were to hit the lottery or something and I dont even play it lol.

I was in both the RFS and a GS on EX with my mom in a WC. The chair fit through the GS door no problem...(she wasn't in need of a full accessible cabin..)

The RFS was tight..not due to the door, but due to a shelf just inside the door...VERY close squeeze...in fact the suite attendant would always come help...it was kind of funny, but once past that point, we had no prob.

The also have ramps they can put (wooden) so you can access the balcony.

The WC did fit into the CL...took some assistance holding the door so I could push the chair over the bump....but it was workable..

HTH...

I was in both the RFS and a GS on EX with my mom in a WC. The chair fit through the GS door no problem...(she wasn't in need of a full accessible cabin..)

In my case I'm totally confined to use a powered wheelchair and can't walk or stand at all. Steps larger than 1-2 inches are _very_ tricky. I also need the shower chair and bathroom handrails.

I just started a thread about this the other day in fact. I too am a wheelchair user full time and have always wondered why none of the suites (besides JS) are wheelchair accessible.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1821989&highlight=accessible+suites

I visited friends in an Owners Suite on Radiance and the doors were plenty wide enough but the bathroom had a 6" step up and I cant stand and walk at all.

It seems I will never gain access to Concierge Lounge. The chances of me becoming Pinnacle are slim to none unless I were to hit the lottery or something and I dont even play it lol.

Diamond + can use the Concierge lounge. :)

Archived