UK Residents - Update on All-Inclusive Status

Bill Leiber

Hello UK Azamara Followers -

The UK executive management team in conjunction with Azamara's marketing executives, announced the modification from referring to Azamara as "All-Inclusive" in the UK to "More-Inclusive" so that the Azamara brand's position is the same on each side of the Atlantic.

Here is a summary of the information that we shared with our UK travel partners in making this shift:

§ Concurrent with Azamara's decision to include select standard spirits and beers in the 2013 tariff, the UK marketing team decided to sell Azamara as "All-Inclusive" in the UK, based on feedback from travel agents who were familiar with the all-inclusive market.

§ After several months in the UK marketplace, however, this approach became confusing to the UK guests, in light of the fact that in the US, Canadian and global markets, the brand was positioned as "More-Inclusive." Going forward, therefore, the UK marketing approach will be to adopt the "More-Inclusive" route.

§ As a "More-Inclusive" product, we now offer select standard spirits and international beers, plus boutique house wines at no charge to guests in bars throughout the ship, as well as at lunch and dinner.

§ This is in addition to the host of amenities already included in the cruise price:

- Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event (Excluded on Transatlantic)

- Gratuities

- Complimentary bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas

- Butler service for all suite guests

- Shuttle service to and from port where available

- Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations

§ Because some of our guests also enjoy premium drinks brands, we offer great value premium packages that increase the range of beverages and brands they can choose.

To avoid any possible continued customer confusion, the UK travel partners have been notified to withdraw all mentions of "All-Inclusive" in their sales materials and websites. I expect that it will take a period of time for this information to phase out.

To our UK guests, thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments about your confusion with the "All-Inclusive" positioning. As you can see, your feedback has made a difference.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Saw me 1st more inclusive email today,it still seems an odd way to sell something, will take a lot of explaining what exactly is included,just a thought:):)

Hello Gosport11 -

Thanks for sharing your opinion about the notion of selling a "More-Inclusive" cruise experience. I'm hopeful that the list of the included complimentary features that I provided on my initial April 23rd post explains the concept of "More-Inclusive."

I think that it will take more time, rather than 'explaining' for the message to be understood. By adding select standard spirits into our tariffs, we've became "more-inclusive," rather than "all-inclusive."

For me, the subtle distinction between "All-Inclusive" and "More-Inclusive" is what is included in the tariff that is "complimentary." The amenities we list in our brochures and on our website are complimentary. If guests prefer something else, there will be an additional charge. As an example, we offer select, standard spirits. If guests prefer a top-shelf brand, they will have to pay a surcharge for it. Our Discovery Restaurant is complimentary. If guests would like to dine in our Specialty restaurants, there will be an additional charge.

It is a choice our guests have. We simply offer a comprehensive menu of inclusive amenities along with optional extras such as spa services, internet packages, and shore excursions.

I hope that this explanation is helpful.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Saw me 1st more inclusive email today,it still seems an odd way to sell something, will take a lot of explaining what exactly is included,just a thought:):)

What Bill is basically saying is that Azamara UK have basically cocked up.

Many UK passengers will have seen the 'all inclusive' marketing and will have booked with Azamara, for the first time, expecting just that. I certainly did.

I find it incredible that when visiting the UK cruise show, the impression that everyone was given at the Azamara presentation, was that almost everything would be included and only champagne and top shelf spirits would be extra.

From what I've read on here. we'll have a great cruise, but whether others will be disappointed, only time will tell.

Hopefully before any future promotions are marketed, they will all sit down together and talk about exactly what they want to say and how they want to say it.

I'll be sure to give a detailed review of my cruise experience, which I'm sure will be excellent, as they should be no nasty surprises.

Archived