Elite Drink Vouchers: vs Cocktail Party: Pick One

City_Woman

Elite Cocktail: Vouchers or Party ....PICK ONE  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Elite Cocktail: Vouchers or Party ....PICK ONE

• I love the vouchers. Get rid of the party.
    • I love the party. Get rid of the vouchers.

Personally, I prefer the social lounge - but the end result doesn't make much difference to us for the following reasons:

It is my understanding that Celebrity only uses the vouchers on sailings where the number of Elites is so high that that service in the largest available lounge (usually the Sky Lounge) would be overcrowded. We've been on sailings (before the adoption of the vouchers) where one could neither get a seat nor service in the Sky Lounge and the result is not fun nor something I'd even bother with.

As for the vouchers: Well to be honest, we don't take much of an advantage of the complimentary cocktails either way. Since we don't drink a lot I prefer to pay for a high quality drink made with top shelf liquor or wine over the lower end cocktails and wine included in the complementary Captain's Club selection. We do tend to have a before dinner drink every evening but for us the quality is much more important than the quantity.

I have not yet been on a voucher cruise, but I rather like the idea. There are so many nice lounges on board. There are so many great bartenders on board. There are passengers from newbies to elites with whom to chat. Overall, that sounds more appealing than a crowded lounge (sometimes with a long line waiting for it to open to claim a seat).

We are big fans of the vouchers because we can go where we please to have a drink. There is a time limit on the vouchers. I think it was five to seven on the Eclipse. You receive your daily ration of vouchers the night before they are valid. None are given the night of the special cocktail party for Elite members.

The one and only change I would make is to extend the time you can use the vouchers. but I see why they are restricted to the same time of the former Michael's Club cocktail hour for elites.

We prefer the vouchers. We can still go to the Sky Lounge (or whatever it's called) and have our drinks there or we can go someplace else. Anyone wanting to socialize as in previous can still go there. We like the choice.

I just wish it would be possible to combine 2 or even 3 vouchers to order something else, i.e. I do not really like the cocktails they offer, but would love to be able to order a marguerita, frozen drink, wallbanger, or even a virgin cocktail (am only an occasional drinker, but just love the sweet stuff).

Therefore I would prefer to just get 1 drink I really like instead of 3 vouchers which I will not all use anyway.

I was just looking at our pictures from our Century cruise that ended last week. (I can't believe a week ago we were still on the ship :()

We had a bunch of Elites on our roll call. People naturally formed in to groups. We sat with 3 to 4 other couples every night and had an absolute blast. We didn't do any shows, we preferred having fun with our new friends. We often stayed until our late dinner.

If it were just DW and I, and we sat a table for 2 sucking down cocktails, then vouchers would be our choice. I think we made some lifelong friends in the Elite lounge and I wouldn't think of trading it. It was a highlight of our near perfect cruise. :)

We'll take the lounge

I would prefer a voucher because my cruising partner may be my hubby, sister or daughter and none of them are Elite so if I can't bring them to the party, I miss out all together. With a voucher, I can go to the bar of my choice and have a drink along with whoever I am cruising with. Hoping X would consider that.

I was just looking at our pictures from our Century cruise that ended last week. (I can't believe a week ago we were still on the ship :()

We had a bunch of Elites on our roll call. People naturally formed in to groups. We sat with 3 to 4 other couples every night and had an absolute blast. We didn't do any shows, we preferred having fun with our new friends. We often stayed until our late dinner.

If it were just DW and I, and we sat a table for 2 sucking down cocktails, then vouchers would be our choice. I think we made some lifelong friends in the Elite lounge and I wouldn't think of trading it. It was a highlight of our near perfect cruise. :)

We'll take the lounge

Couldn't you all still meet, if you had vouchers?

I would prefer a voucher because my cruising partner may be my hubby, sister or daughter and none of them are Elite so if I can't bring them to the party, I miss out all together. With a voucher, I can go to the bar of my choice and have a drink along with whoever I am cruising with. Hoping X would consider that.

I thought non-Elite cabinmates were welcome at the party.

Interesting that your hubby is not Elite. Does X not give spouses equal status? If not, maybe he can qualify anyway. If you are Elite on X, you can be recognized as Diamond on Royal Caribbean. On Royal Caribbean spouses get same status, so hubby would also be Diamond...Wouldn't that then make him Elite on X by reciprocity? Convoluted, but getting C&A numbers might be worthwhile.

I can't get over the results of this poll. The first time coupons were introduced there was such a hullabaloo on Cruise Critic. Now, 70% are in favour!!

For us, the advantage of the coupon is that we can have a drink with a friend who is not elite.

We are not big drinkers and end up throwing away most of the coupons. I like an apple martini or a cosmo (if it's watered down, I don't care. I actually prefer less liquor!).

As recommended on these boards, we tried bringing the wine into the dining room, but we didn't like the red or white offerings.

So, no big deal either way.

I can't get over the results of this poll. The first time coupons were introduced there was such a hullabaloo on Cruise Critic. Now' date=' 70% are in favour!!

[/quote']

But a large percentage of those taking part in the poll are likely not Elite so have no frame of reference as-to the cocktail party.

Many have posted less than positive statements about all things "Elite" and the party is away up there on the sour grapes list

sourgrapes.jpg

But a large percentage of those taking part in the poll are likely not Elite so have no frame of reference as-to the cocktail party.

Many have posted less than positive statements about all things "Elite" and the party is away up there on the sour grapes list

sourgrapes.jpg

Big assumption.

Most people have cited their experiences. Including me - who is Eliite.

Ugh.

J

Big assumption.

Most people have cited their experiences. Including me - who is Eliite.

Ugh.

J

Have to make some assumptions... 100 people took the poll, only 21 actually added a comment so far and four of those were you and Can'tStopCruising

Put another way, fewer than 20% of those who took the poll, had any comment on their status and experience with the Elite party vs coupon experience.

I have done both and far prefer the party... we put how much we enjoyed the Elite Cocktail party on our comment card every time.

Have to make some assumptions... 100 people took the poll, only 21 actually added a comment so far and four of those were you and Can'tStopCruising

Put another way, fewer than 20% of those who took the poll, had any comment on their status and experience with the Elite party vs coupon experience.

I have done both and far prefer the party... we put how much we enjoyed the Elite Cocktail party on our comment card every time.

Unless I have a narrative to add to the thread, I rarely comment on a poll. usually I just vote. recalling polls well written polls, there are far more votes than comments.

BTW, I am Elite. I will be happy with whatever X gives us on Soltice in two weeks

Elite here and I could care less but I will not attend Elite functions for various reasons. So if I had to choose between the two it would be vouchers. With that said it's the Premium package for us regardless of the 1-2-3 package. Worth the cost to enjoy my choice of cocktail in any lounge

Unless I have a narrative to add to the thread, I rarely comment on a poll. usually I just vote. recalling polls well written polls, there are far more votes than comments.

BTW, I am Elite. I will be happy with whatever X gives us on Soltice in two weeks

I always enjoy engaging conversation here, and commenting on a poll or not is your choice.

I happen to like a comment on them as much as I have enjoyed reading comments on any poll, serious or not, that I have started.

Since we all know that "X" does reads the Cruise Critic, I want them to know what I personally like and how I actually appreciate the Captains Club benefits they offer.

Edit:

FWIW if nobody commented on a poll it would sink rapidly off the page to oblivion.

Archived