Elite Drink Vouchers: vs Cocktail Party: Pick One

City_Woman

Elite Cocktail: Vouchers or Party ....PICK ONE  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Elite Cocktail: Vouchers or Party ....PICK ONE

• I love the vouchers. Get rid of the party.
    • I love the party. Get rid of the vouchers.

Sir, you are consistent in your thoughts and deeds, being that it is okay to accept something to which one may not be correctly entitiled. For my part I would decline, as one with a conscience would not feel comfortable.

You and me have a difference of opinion, which is encouraged by these threads to be aired in a full and fair discussion.

I hope you and the friend enjoy the drinks.

I have not sailed as an Elite with a non-Elite cabinmate, nor do I have plans to do so. If I recall correctly, you perhaps said you do not drink. If so, the point is perhaps moot for both of us.

Still, in the interest of said full and fair discussion, drinks do matter to some other Elites; it might be nice if those Elites/cabinmates felt fairly treated whether vouchers or parties occur on their specific cruise. Should cabinmates be entitled to either? Maybe not if you or I designed the system, but it is Celebrity's call.

I have not sailed as an Elite with a non-Elite cabinmate, nor do I have plans to do so. If I recall correctly, you perhaps said you do not drink. If so, the point is perhaps moot for both of us.

Still, in the interest of said full and fair discussion, drinks do matter to some other Elites; it might be nice if those Elites/cabinmates felt fairly treated whether vouchers or parties occur on their specific cruise. Should cabinmates be entitled to either? Maybe not if you or I designed the system, but it is Celebrity's call.[/quo

I say sorry for a reply to albeit a wrong post

Many thanks for your fair exchange - it was appreciated.

I have been given to understand that the "way forward" process and detailed discussions have started.

RCCL are also looking at the December double-up, for a JS and and AQ for a few nights give aperson Diamond and by nature of the beast Elite - While us in the UK have to complete 10 cruises at 12/14 nights to achieve Elite.

I think you are a true Gentleman - I wish many happy Cruises:)

Still, in the interest of said full and fair discussion, drinks do matter to some other Elites; it might be nice if those Elites/cabinmates felt fairly treated whether vouchers or parties occur on their specific cruise. Should cabinmates be entitled to either? Maybe not if you or I designed the system, but it is Celebrity's call.[/quo

I say sorry for a reply to albeit a wrong post

Many thanks for your fair exchange - it was appreciated.

I have been given to understand that the "way forward" process and detailed discussions have started.

RCCL are also looking at the December double-up, for a JS and and AQ for a few nights give aperson Diamond and by nature of the beast Elite - While us in the UK have to complete 10 cruises at 12/14 nights to achieve Elite.

I think you are a true Gentleman - I wish many happy Cruises:)

Oh my....I know there was a time when it was one credit per cruise period, but those days are long past here in the US. Do people in the UK not get an extra credit for sailing Concierge Class or AQ? Do people in the UK not get an extra credit for long cruises now?

If three of four cruises are in CC or better, it would only take a US cruisers 3 long cruises plus one short cruise to make Elite. Or alternatively, 5 short ones in CC or better....I consider that easy, though opinions might vary. Are you saying a Brit must take 10 long ones to make Elite? If so, that seems supremely unfair or am I perhaps misunderstanding your post? Boy, I hope I misunderstood....

On Royal Caribbean JS cabins command, in general, a premium price and the cabins are closer in size (if not decor) to a Celebrity Sky Suite, so perhaps the double points are justified for a JS. I consider a Concierge Class cabin on X to be just a renamed balcony cabin with a few extra little amenities with generally only a small price bump; I never understood the extra credit for CC. But then again, I do not have to understand....

While us in the UK have to complete 10 cruises at 12/14 nights to achieve Elite.

Celebrity prices may differ by region but I have never read anywhere that the citizens of any country are treated any differently when it comes to accumulating points.

Five 12/14 night cruises will get you ten points to elite status, 1 fewer if 1 cruise is in CC/AQ/Suite.

Three 12 day cruises in CC/AQ/Suite should earn 9 points.

I know changing dollars to Pounds and Pence uses a weird archaic math;), but 2 points are two points no matter what system is used...

Archived