Anniversary on board

J.E.C

Is there anywhere on the on line checkin where I can enter that we are celebrating our wedding anniversary on board?

I can remember on a Princess cruise we were able to do this, but haven't yet been on a Celebrity ship when it has been a birthday or anniversary.

I know we can book a romance package and would be interested to hear anyones feedback on those as well.

Many thanks

Is there anywhere on the on line checkin where I can enter that we are celebrating our wedding anniversary on board?

I can remember on a Princess cruise we were able to do this, but haven't yet been on a Celebrity ship when it has been a birthday or anniversary.

I know we can book a romance package and would be interested to hear anyones feedback on those as well.

Many thanks

It is a while ago that I did it but when filling out the captains club member details there is a couple of boxes to fill out such as anniversary and birthdays. perhaps you can go in and edit or join if you are not a member yet.:D

When you check in for your cruise, they ask you if you are celebrating anything while on board. You can also tell your travel agent about this and they should be able to contact Royal and inform them of the celebration.

Happy Anniversary.

Not sure what Celebrity is doing these days for "memorable events". The problem is that so many just lie about events, because they think it's fun to get a cake or similar in the MDR.....and as a result, those who really do have a big event are treated the same as those who just made the whole thing up.

If you want something special, it might be wonderful to go to a specialty restaurant on the big day.....and they will recognize your anniversary far better than in the MDR.

I called to reserve our May cruise, as we had purchased a future cruise credit thingy on board our last cruise. The phone rep asked us, and our 40th is on embarkation day, so I told him. Now our booking on "My Celebrity" shows a special occasion. Since it's the first night, I'm not really expecting much. He did ask and it shows up on-line. We'll see what happens. After 40 years, a cake won't make or break our experience...

Not sure what Celebrity is doing these days for "memorable events". The problem is that so many just lie about events, because they think it's fun to get a cake or similar in the MDR.....and as a result, those who really do have a big event are treated the same as those who just made the whole thing up.

If you want something special, it might be wonderful to go to a specialty restaurant on the big day.....and they will recognize your anniversary far better than in the MDR.

What would they lie about? surely Celebrity would have a record of birthdays due to passports, etc. And they could only lie about an Wedding anniversary once as then it is on record.:D

What would they lie about? surely Celebrity would have a record of birthdays due to passports, etc. And they could only lie about an Wedding anniversary once as then it is on record.:D

Celebrity does have a record of birthdays, but the wait staff will not question if someone says it is their birthday. It is tacky, but we have seen it done....

Celebrity does have a record of birthdays, but the wait staff will not question if someone says it is their birthday. It is tacky, but we have seen it done....

I would not have thought that people were that low to do that. Live and learn.:D

I don't doubt people would do this. I just don't understand why they'd bother on a cruise when dessert is included each evening!

Adding my perspective - I would imagine that for many people, the decision to take a cruise is one that accompanies a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. I know that's true for DH & me, anyway. Although it happens that our anniversary falls while we are actually cruising this summer, I would not feel like I was taking advantage if it didn't. If we are cruising in celebration, then let's celebrate. At home, we often celebrate birthdays on a more convenient day if circumstances make that helpful, but we still have cake and sing.

The cake is nice, but it is really just a dessert, and desserts are part of the cruise fare. What is really being "given" is the chance to feel special for a moment. To me, it seems like that is exactly what Celebrity intends to do for all their passengers. So if someone wants a celebration, they get one, no questions asked. And that's nice! Do others share that perspective, or am I alone on that?

DH called to have it entered in the record that we would be making our most recent cruise to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. (Actual date was a couple of weeks later but this itinerary worked best for us.)

They simply asked, "what night would you like to celebrate?" He picked the last formal evening of our 15 day cruise and booked Murano.

I could be wrong but I don't think Celebrity keeps some sort of anniversary database.

That day, we had a very nice note of congratulations from Marlene, the on board Captain's Club person, with a gift...a large square leatherette frame with two photos of the ship and a space open for our own photo. Nice souvenir.

In Murano, they did not mention it or do anything, which was fine with me. It was our quiet personal celebration. I don't really enjoy all the attention and don't need more cake!

The cruise was last month and Hawaii on the Century was a great way to mark our 33rd.

We have also seen it done lots of times as some people think it is funny and laugh about it. That is probably why they stopped doing it routinely.:(

We have had our anniversary onboard for the last 4 years and we just tend to go to a specialty restaurant for the occasion. Desserts are always good anyway.:D

This is also what we do if we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary and recently a retirement:p:p

My wife and I don't make a big deal about it being our anniversary and don't even bother mentioning it. We treat each other great everyday so why should day be any different than the other. But with many marriages not even lasting a year or more it is great if people want to celebrate being together. It is a great accomplishment for many and a good role model.

The three best answers that I have ever heard about what is the secret to being married so long are:

The old SOB just won't die.

Live a long time.

George Harrison said. " It is easy. Don't get a divorce."

The worse answer is:

Marriage is a 50/50 proposition. I say it is the worse because it won't last if it is only 50/50 it has to be 100/100, both people have to be totally committed.

My wife and I don't make a big deal about it being our anniversary and don't even bother mentioning it. We treat each other great everyday so why should day be any different than the other. But with many marriages not even lasting a year or more it is great if people want to celebrate being together. It is a great accomplishment for many and a good role model.

The three best answers that I have ever heard about what is the secret to being married so long are:

The old SOB just won't die.

Live a long time.

George Harrison said. " It is easy. Don't get a divorce."

The worse answer is:

Marriage is a 50/50 proposition. I say it is the worse because it won't last if it is only 50/50 it has to be 100/100, both people have to be totally committed.

LOL, :D

I hope that both my wife and I live a long time, and that neither of us want the other dead.:D

We were celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary on the Constellation. The CD asked the usual questions with the usual answers. When he came to our table he asked what do you attribute your long marriage to, my answer, "good sex and being able to remember it." We got the champagne.

67th coming up in Sept, booked on a cruise, God willing.

We were celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary on the Constellation. The CD asked the usual questions with the usual answers. When he came to our table he asked what do you attribute your long marriage to, my answer, "good sex and being able to remember it." We got the champagne.

67th coming up in Sept, booked on a cruise, God willing.

Biil Cosby said that the only sex you remember is the first time and the last time. Alll the rest is gravy. ;)

I just had a birthday while on the Eclipse a couple of weeks ago. A lovely, small chocolate cake was awaiting us in our stateroom when we returned from dinner. Also, an envelope was delivered to us providing a complimentary meal for two people in the Bistro on Five for my birthday. I thought it was a nice touch.

Archived