Help us choose our 20th Anniversary Cruise!

ddy123

A little background - we went on our first cruise ever for our 10th anniversary on Celebrity Constellation. Loved it! We have recently been cruising Royal because it is a better fit for traveling with our two daughters. We recently became Diamond on Royal.

Saw a posting about the fabulous Suite rates on the 5 day Oct 27 2014 Oasis sailing and grabbed an Owners Suite for $1449 per person. Great rate as far as I can tell! Ports are Nassau and Cozumel. Never been in an OS (have done a GS before) and never been on Oasis. We have always sailed Voyager class because we find the pricing attractive for the size/offerings of the ship. Have always wanted to try Oasis or Allure but just could not justify the price and felt we got a much better value and could splurge on a Suite for 4 on Royal's Voyager Class.

But there is also a 5 day on Celebrity Constellation going to Key West and Cozumel. We could get a Royal Suite for about $200 more than what we would pay for an OS on Royal. Loooove the idea of a whirlpool on the balcony......but read the balcony is not very private? Also, we like and actually need shade. Assuming if not private then lack of shade could be an issue?

So do we go with the more sedate, elegant feel of Celebrity or the more WOW factor of Oasis. Feel like we will not likely get a chance to ever experience an OS on Oasis so that is a factor as well. But on the other hand, the guilt factor of going on Oasis without our girls is there too!

What would you do?!

How does the size of the staterooms compare? I've never sailed RCI, so have no clue about the size of their staterooms. The royal suite on Celebrity is very nice and the balcony is covered. I happen to be a big fan of the Connie. Also, she's currently in dry dock, so the royal suite should be nice and refreshed.

We celebrated our 20th on the Millennium in 2005. We too splurged on a Royal Suite!!

The cabin was FABULOUS, and we will never forget it. The veranda was very large, and the whirlpool was great! The part of the veranda that is outside the living area is open to the upper decks (and sun), but the area that is outside of the bedroom, where the whirlpool is, is covered (at least on the Millennium). And it is great that there are 2 sliding doors (one off the living room and one off the bedroom). As I recall, we had 2 chairs and a large table, and also 2 loungers! Yes, there was that much room!

We have cruised multiple times on Royal, but not on the Oasis. As we get older, we seem to enjoy Celebrity more. Whichever line you choose, congratulations and have a wonderful time!!

Although I don't really like either itinerary (BTDT except Key West), I would still vote for the Connie. DH and I celebrated our 20th on the Connie in a Sky Suite. We had the most wonderful cruise ever and the Southern Caribbean itinerary was truly amazing!

We'll be in a Royal Suite on the Millie in June, so I can let you know then whether the balcony was covered or open.

I have been married happily for over 40 years. We travel a lot. WE take a variety of trips...independent, cruise, and tour. All are nice....short or long....anyplace as long as you are together. It's who you go with, not where you go that really counts. Of course, I have my favorite places.....Paris, New York City and St. Martin. I try to get to those places as often as I can. I also like visiting new places. As we get older, we seem to have less energy than we did when we were younger. Cruising seems to be the easiest way to travel. Whatever you pick, it will be nice. Everybody is different. Read the brochures and the reviews, talk about the choices, and make a decision. It will be right. I wish you both a very Happy Anniversary.

Any chance you can move the loungers near the whirlpool for some shade? Thanks for the responses!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is room. They would probably block the sliding glass door a little, but easy enough to scoot around them. Or there is the other door...

Why 5 days?

We like 7 - long enough to really feel away from it all and by day 7 we're fat, happy & ready to get back home to our kids (we have 2 at home, 1 in college & 1 married & expecting our 4th grandchild this summer!) I personally would trade the bigger room for more days & ports, whichever line & ship worked best. I think DW would want that, and my whole goal on our 20th anniversary cruise and upcoming 25th is to make her happy. We'll go longer when the kids are all grown.

At any rate, congratulations & have a fabulous time!

Thanks for the advice everyone! Still really torn!

We prefer 5 days for this trip because we just don't want to leave our youngest daughter for longer than that. Our oldest will have just gone away to college and they are both very close so it will be a bit of an adjustment especially for the youngest. We figure we can do a 7 day (or maybe even a 10!) for our 25th.

If any others have opinions would love to hear them as well! Thanks!

Thanks for the advice everyone! Still really torn!

We prefer 5 days for this trip because we just don't want to leave our youngest daughter for longer than that. Our oldest will have just gone away to college and they are both very close so it will be a bit of an adjustment especially for the youngest. We figure we can do a 7 day (or maybe even a 10!) for our 25th.

I vote for the Oasis and I really LOVE Celebrity. We had an OS on the Oasis and it is an amazing room, you won't be disappointed. The Oasis is a destination by itself, with amazing specialty restaurants and great shows. Get a taste of the Oasis with your wife for the anniversary and book a 7 days cruise with your daughters on the Allure. :):) BTW, happy anniversary!! we are celebrating our 20th this summer on the Eclipse!

We have cruised Celebrity a lot but this year we cruised on Oasis. We have had the pleasure of the Royal Suite on Constellation last year, don't know what the owner's suite is like but we loved Oasis.

A little background - we went on our first cruise ever for our 10th anniversary on Celebrity Constellation. Loved it! We have recently been cruising Royal because it is a better fit for traveling with our two daughters. We recently became Diamond on Royal.

Saw a posting about the fabulous Suite rates on the 5 day Oct 27 2014 Oasis sailing and grabbed an Owners Suite for $1449 per person. Great rate as far as I can tell! Ports are Nassau and Cozumel. Never been in an OS (have done a GS before) and never been on Oasis. We have always sailed Voyager class because we find the pricing attractive for the size/offerings of the ship. Have always wanted to try Oasis or Allure but just could not justify the price and felt we got a much better value and could splurge on a Suite for 4 on Royal's Voyager Class.

But there is also a 5 day on Celebrity Constellation going to Key West and Cozumel. We could get a Royal Suite for about $200 more than what we would pay for an OS on Royal. Loooove the idea of a whirlpool on the balcony......but read the balcony is not very private? Also, we like and actually need shade. Assuming if not private then lack of shade could be an issue?

So do we go with the more sedate, elegant feel of Celebrity or the more WOW factor of Oasis. Feel like we will not likely get a chance to ever experience an OS on Oasis so that is a factor as well. But on the other hand, the guilt factor of going on Oasis without our girls is there too!

What would you do?!

I love the Oasis but save it when you can take your daughters. The cabins are very similar in size but you won't have the whirlpool on the Oasis to use. My vote is for X.

Happy Anniversary!

I can't compare the two ships, but I've been to all the ports, and fwiw, I'd rather spend a day in Key West than in Nassau. (I realize this cruise isn't about the ports for you, but you seem torn, so maybe that will be a deciding factor. :))

Whatever you pick, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Archived