Bringing 4 bottles of wine on a back to back

SSFrance69

Has anyone had experience bringing wine on a back to back cruise? It's normally an allowance of two bottles of wine per cruise...so what happens on a two week back to back? Will they hold two of my bottles until the end of the first cruise and I get them back on the last night? Or???

Thanks!

Tammy

I believe that is the case. Even though they do not state the size of the bottles, don't take 1.5 liter bottles. On a recent Eclipse cruise out of Port Everglades, security had those size bottles on tables behind them.

Bob E

Has anyone had experience bringing wine on a back to back cruise? It's normally an allowance of two bottles of wine per cruise...so what happens on a two week back to back? Will they hold two of my bottles until the end of the first cruise and I get them back on the last night? Or???

Thanks!

Tammy

Depending on the ship, the personnel and perhaps the weather at 2am on the first Tuesday of the cruise, if you bring 4 750ml bottles of wine on board for the first cruise, they will a) keep 2 bottles and return them to you at the end of the first cruise; b) keep 2 bottles and return them to you at the end of the second cruise; c) just let you take them to your cabin.

Seriously....there is almost no way to know what will happen on your cruise. There are ways of bettering your odds on option c.

Be sure to buy some duty free alcohol on your first cruise. You are allowance to bring back alcohol is per month and not per cruise and to solve that is don't bring as much back. ;)

Duty is not that much anyways.

Thanks!

Tammy

To avoid any issues, you might want to consider bringing just 2 bottles for the first leg, then picking up another 2 on the turnaround day.

If you buy and bring back wine/liquor on the first cruise of your b2b they will deliver it to your cabin on the last night of the first cruise so you'll have it for the second leg...

Unfortunately, not always.

As far as I'm concerned, I would pack two bottles in my carry on....and two bottles in my wife's carry on.....and we would board separately. Yes, it's gaming the system, but I have more faith it would work then relying on Celebrity to deliver the second 2 bottles to me....and lord only knows what the storage conditions are for passenger wines.

DH carried on 2 and I carried on 2 - I had bought 4 knowing we were going onto a RCCL cruise following our X cruise and I expected 2 to be "held" - we walked on without a blink.

Putting in your luggage is not a good idea as they have to screen to ensure they are not Liquor and can cause a delay or a trip to the holding room (per other posts I've read).

So best is to take them boldly and in sight with your carry on. I have a couple of leather wine bags that hold 2 bottles each for easy carrying. So they were quite obvious what they were.:)

As far as I'm concerned, I would pack two bottles in my carry on....and two bottles in my wife's carry on.....and we would board separately. Yes, it's gaming the system, but I have more faith it would work then relying on Celebrity to deliver the second 2 bottles to me....and lord only knows what the storage conditions are for passenger wines.

We've never brought on wine before, but that's what I don't understand, who checks to see if it's in your carry-on - Security or Celebrity, when do they check?

If my DH and I are not together when we get on the ship, I would assume no one would know that we are bringing on 4 bottles except us. Not that we would.

I have brought wine in my checked bag numerous times and have never been called to the "naughty room". I think they can tell a wine bottle from a liquor bottle. I use "wine diapers" a reusable padded sleeve (available from Amazon) and have never had a breakage. We even brought two bottles from a California winery home in our checked airline luggage (with a change of planes in Atlanta) with no breakage.

We have used this method many times and it has always worked well.

We have purchased additional wine in ports and in most cases, they let us bring it to our cabin. As has been stated before, it all depends on who is on security when you come back from a port.

You should be ashamed; and, yes you are in contravention of the proper rules.

and lord only knows what the storage conditions are for passenger wines.

Good point. We usually don't buy wine while cruising only local spirits to take home so I hadn't really thought about the climate control in the storage area. I think I would do as you suggested and try to get all 4 on together to be on the safe side.

You should be ashamed; and, yes you are in contravention of the proper rules.

Don't worry, Jack. We're not trying to break rules. It says one is allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom (per cruise). The difference is, we are booked on two cruises - back to back - same ship and same cabin. I'm trying not to get cheated out of my allowance. In addition, X will collect a nice bar/wine tab from me regardless. ;)

Don't worry, Jack. We're not trying to break rules. It says one is allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom (per cruise). The difference is, we are booked on two cruises - back to back - same ship and same cabin. I'm trying not to get cheated out of my allowance. In addition, X will collect a nice bar/wine tab from me regardless. ;)

Read my post more carefully. Said post was not directed at you.

Archived