Beautiful beach-side lunch

cruiser1955a

We're looking for a place where we could have a relaxing beach-side lunch on our arrival day. Hoping for a nice, relaxing meal & drinks with a gorgeous tropical setting. Somewhere between Kings Wharf and Hamilton would be prefered. Also, our arrival day is a Sunday in early May (if that makes a difference). Does anybody have any recomendations ?

We're looking for a place where we could have a relaxing beach-side lunch on our arrival day. Hoping for a nice, relaxing meal & drinks with a gorgeous tropical setting. Somewhere between Kings Wharf and Hamilton would be prefered. Also, our arrival day is a Sunday in early May (if that makes a difference). Does anybody have any recomendations ?

Ditch the idea Bermuda is in the tropics. Early May should be pleasant. Think South Carolina weather.

Not on a beach but my suggestion would be Tavern by the Sea on Somers Wharf in St. George.

St. George is a ways away from Dockyard on Sunday. There is no ferry service on Sunday so you would have to take the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to St. George. That is a long trip for lunch. I would do the St George trip on a weekday when the ferry service runs all the way. Sometimes the best place for your lunch upon arrival on Sunday is on the pool deck of the ship overlooking the Dockyard Harbor.

Yes Coconuts at the Reefs Resort is the best beachside spot for lunch, and much closer than the other options mentioned. Reserve ahead of your cruise and ask for a table by the railing for the best view. 1-800-742-2008 or e-mail generalinfo@thereefs.bm.

It sounds like you will not be on Bermuda on Thurs evening but if you are definitely go and hear Randy Lambert and his band "Tempo" at the lounge at the Reefs - amazing band that plays everything from Harry Belefonte to your favorites. They also play at Henry VIII Friday evenings just down the road from the Reef. Or google his schedule to see if you can catch him earlier in the week - amazing calypso and contemporary musician.

And Bermuda is a beautiful destination and should be pleasant in May, just bring a sweater/wrap in case the breeze is cool after lunch.

Enjoy!

Yes Coconuts at the Reefs Resort is the best beachside spot for lunch, and much closer than the other options mentioned. Reserve ahead of your cruise and ask for a table by the railing for the best view. 1-800-742-2008 or e-mail generalinfo@thereefs.bm.

It sounds like you will not be on Bermuda on Thurs evening but if you are definitely go and hear Randy Lambert and his band "Tempo" at the lounge at the Reefs - amazing band that plays everything from Harry Belefonte to your favorites. They also play at Henry VIII Friday evenings just down the road from the Reef. Or google his schedule to see if you can catch him earlier in the week - amazing calypso and contemporary musician.

And Bermuda is a beautiful destination and should be pleasant in May, just bring a sweater/wrap in case the breeze is cool after lunch.

Enjoy!

This is all very helpful. I wish I was there now ! Thank you

We have been to the Reefs and yes Coconuts is lovely but very, very expensive.the food is excellent. Reefs is also far from the Dockyards I believe. It is in the loveliest resort in Bermuda. Read reviews on trip advisor before committing.

Please let us know what you decided on, and if it was good, I'm going in Aug. Thanks

We have been to the Reefs and yes Coconuts is lovely but very, very expensive.the food is excellent. Reefs is also far from the Dockyards I believe. It is in the loveliest resort in Bermuda. Read reviews on trip advisor before committing.

Please let us know what you decided on, and if it was good, I'm going in Aug. Thanks

Guidance lady, you are probably thinking of the beach dining option, that is a little expensive. But the dinner menu is not "very, very expensive" in my opinion (see attached). You are also paying for the experience as you said, but I don't consider their prices to be very expensive after eating at many of the other restaurants on Bermuda.

http://www.thereefs.com/coconuts.php

They also offer a small plateis menu, and lunch is an option too.

If interested Cambridge Beaches also offers beach dining but their version is actually private and if I remember ran around $650 per couple but check with them for the current price.

If you want something more casual and fun you can get an outside table with a view of the beautiful ocean at Henry VIII just down from the Reefs. And these are closer to King's Wharf that any other good choices.

If one wants the more expensive restaurants on the island there is 1 nearby at the Fairmont, and the other is near St George. But Coconuts is a nice smart casual dining experience.

Here's a copy of an earlier post I wrote on a similar topic! - Miriam

I have had the pleasure of dining at Mickey's Place several times now, while on RCCL cruises. It is down a set of steps, off of the terrace at the Elbow beach Club (you do not have to be a guest there to done there).

It is built right on the sand, with a very classy, luxurious, open "white tent" style. You are only steps to the ocean, and can walk to the water while you sip your cocktails.

I have only been there during the day, but I'm sure that an evening meal must be very romantic, with the tiny lights that they have and the sounds of the sea. (You'll need a taxi to get there, it a very long steep drive to the beach area.) Here's a link that I found.

Hope this helps! Miriam

Click here: Bermuda Fine Dining at Mickey’s Beach Bistro & Bar at Elbow Beach

If interested Cambridge Beaches also offers beach dining but their version is actually private and if I remember ran around $650 per couple but check with them for the current price.

If you want something more casual and fun you can get an outside table with a view of the beautiful ocean at Henry VIII just down from the Reefs. And these are closer to King's Wharf that any other good choices.

If one wants the more expensive restaurants on the island there is 1 nearby at the Fairmont, and the other is near St George. But Coconuts is a nice smart casual dining experience.

Wow $650 for a couple for lunch? Now that is very very expensive. I guess I was referring to staying at Reefs, which is lovely and pricey. We had the dine around plan and quickly realized that the best dining was at Reefs. I loved Coconuts for lunch so much that I bought a lovely tiny watercolor right off the walls. I look at it everyday in my bathroom. We have lunched at the Fairmont beachside restaurant and it was ok, although the view was nice. I do want to try some others this August.

Yes, we will return to Coconuts, and we also like Henry VIII for evenings. A poster on TA made me aware of these 2 spots when we were cruising to Bermuda and now I know why she loved the Reefs, Coconuts, and Henry's.

The $650 meal per couple quoted for Cambridge Beaches is for their special dinner where they whisk a couple away by boat to one of the small islands nearby. It's just you, your dining partner and the waiter on the island and the waiter makes himself (or herself) scarce after each course is served. They do have a regular restaurant on the resort as well, though I do not know if they serve lunch to persons who are not guests at the property.

The $650 meal per couple quoted for Cambridge Beaches is for their special dinner where they whisk a couple away by boat to one of the small islands nearby. It's just you, your dining partner and the waiter on the island and the waiter makes himself (or herself) scarce after each course is served. They do have a regular restaurant on the resort as well, though I do not know if they serve lunch to persons who are not guests at the property.

Actually you're on 1 of the 3 beaches right at the Cambridge Beaches Resort, they do this with 2 tables per night with a personal waiter each, both private.

The view from Coconuts is much nicer, I'll try to post a shot later.

Here is the watercolor from Coconuts, circa 1993, sorry it looks so small, (Im hopeless at attachments). It is the first thing I see every morning in my bathroom. I love it! Will definitely be back soon.

N

photo(11).jpg.1e8c1db058124b030e28a9ee47425713.jpg

Archived