Helsinki shuttle

Wineart

We used the city bus. It was very easy. Just walk outside the port and it comes quite regularly. When we got downtown we took a ferry to the island Fortress. We also used a tram to get from downtown to the Rock Church. Then we took a bus back to the dock. We had a wonderful day.

As I recall, the Celebrity shuttle dropped off/picked up about half a mile from Market Square. We diy'd the tram "tour" and probably made a mistake in where to catch it because we walked from the drop off to near Market Square to pick it up. The walk is through a park and wasn't bad.

I booked a ship tour with Royal Caribbean (sorry not sure what ship you are on) and the excursion mentions the ability to stay longer in town and catch a shuttle back. So I'm assuming Royal will have one for going into and out of the city which you can pay for if you aren't on an excursion.

We will be on the Celebrity Constellation 6/1. I called Celebrity re: shuttles into various cities and they didn't seem to know anything about it. Do you recall if the shuttle is part of an excursion or you pay as you go, etc? Also, do they have shuttles available at other ports as well?

I booked a ship tour with Royal Caribbean (sorry not sure what ship you are on) and the excursion mentions the ability to stay longer in town and catch a shuttle back. So I'm assuming Royal will have one for going into and out of the city which you can pay for if you aren't on an excursion.

Yes RCI did..round trip ship shuttle..from that point we made our way on foot to the Rock Church with help from some very friendly locals.:)

I had originally posted on the Celebrity board since I was specifically asking whether Celebrity had a shuttle. However, the post was moved to a different board. Another poster replied that Celebrity does have a shuttle. Does anyone know what the charge is?

I had originally posted on the Celebrity board since I was specifically asking whether Celebrity had a shuttle. However, the post was moved to a different board. Another poster replied that Celebrity does have a shuttle. Does anyone know what the charge is?

I don't exactly recall from 3 years ago except that the cost wasn't shocking- probably between 5-10 euros r/t pp.

We really enjoyed shopping and eating in Market Square. There was a gold jewelry stand there that incorporated "spectralite" into their evocative of Finland designs. Very unique pieces!

It's probably very close in price to ours from our RCI ship ....

one way = 5 Euros

roundtrip = 8 Euros

It's probably very close in price to ours from our RCI ship ....

one way = 5 Euros

roundtrip = 8 Euros

Totally worth it then. I remember my friend telling me that there was someone who didn't want to pay the 5 or 8 euros to go down the sky car in Santorini and decided to take the marble steps down to get back to the ship. That person slipped, fell, and broke a leg so when I went 2 months later I paid the euros so I could enjoy the rest of my trip without a cast on my leg.

Hi! We will be on the Norwegian Star. Beside of Helsinki we will dock in Warnemunder , Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. Shall I expect similar shuttles in these ports? I don’t mean St. Petersburg where we are planning to book full day tours with a local company. Thank you. Jess.

Totally worth it then. I remember my friend telling me that there was someone who didn't want to pay the 5 or 8 euros to go down the sky car in Santorini and decided to take the marble steps down to get back to the ship. That person slipped, fell, and broke a leg so when I went 2 months later I paid the euros so I could enjoy the rest of my trip without a cast on my leg.

We walked down the donkey path in Santorini. Not because of the money but because of the line. Of course ultimately I don't think we got down any faster.

I don't exactly recall from 3 years ago except that the cost wasn't shocking- probably between 5-10 euros r/t pp.

We really enjoyed shopping and eating in Market Square. There was a gold jewelry stand there that incorporated "spectralite" into their evocative of Finland designs. Very unique pieces!

I hope that jewelry stand is still there. Sounds interesting.

The jewelry stand has my interest as I try to acquire a unique piece of jewelry on our trips if I find something "unique". Is this a shop or really a "stand"? and where is it - in the middle of the square or by a building? Thanks

I hope that jewelry stand is still there. Sounds interesting.

Today there were four stands with Finnish hand made silver objects/jewelry on the Market Square and the tourist season has hardly even begun. So I shouldn't worry. :)

Archived