Specifically Saved on All Your Cruises?

sail7seas

Key cards. Office max has magnets for business cards with peel-off backs. Voila! Fridge magnets made of key cards. Helps to grab your mariner/latitudes/past guest/VIFP number while impulsively booking on a rainy day. We also talk about past cruises a lot looking at

those old cards.

Nice idea:):):) I do save our S&S cards...Yes:D....they would look good on the fridge down at the coast:D Along with all the ship magnets!!

Way too much paper! I save daily programs and menus, and all of that stuff. Postcards. Never saved a cork. Good idea, but too late to start now. (And the house is already groaning under the weight of the "ephemera.")

I've always kept a journal when I travel. Even when I travel with my laptop, I do a handwritten journal. I take a gluestick with me, and paste little bits of paper into the journal. It can be a play ticket, museum ticket, label from a wine or beer I really liked, anything that strikes my fancy. I've started putting labels from bottled water into my journal.

I wish I'd started pasting things into my journal years ago. My more recent journals are a lot more fun to read over again.

I also keep a journal, handwritten. I tape port info from newsletter in it as well as postcards we purchase. I've also sometimes taped things like Ho-Ho bus tickets and admission tickets.

I love re-reading the journals, enjoying happy memories.

DH has been saving the corks for years. LOL - one of these days i will make a tray out of them:)

If we go to a special dinner I usually save that menu as well.

LOL...I've done that...then in a cleaning frenzy, will throw them out. Only to start over again on our next cruise!

I keep the key cards, final bills and cruise logs. How long has HAL been providing the cruise logs? I know I was surprised to find not all lines provide them. Another HAL special touch.

At least since 2000 in a slightly different format. Before that, they used to put "who is who onboard" in the Daily Program, at one time known as "Het Dagelijks Nieuws" in Dutch

Cruise Logs. We have every single one. Most of the key cards also. We collected the lovely painted Dutch hats for years, now they are all in frames with the key cards and some memorabilia from those cruises. :D

I also keep a journal of each cruise. The earlier ones are very detailed the later ones not so much.:o Ah, how jaded we get. :rolleyes:

I have binders that contain my cruise memories. Each section begins with a list of ports for that cruise as well as names and home countries of cruise director, captain and our DR staff. For each cruise I have a boarding picture as well as table mate picture and one of the ship. I have a copy of the deck plan also. To finish I wrote a short description of each trip. I always made sure that my boarding outfit was not something that I had worn before. My late husband was not so careful. I have a lot of them showing him in the same shirt!

Key Cards, Coffee Mugs (Ceramic ones) with the HAL Ship's name, a model of the ship and the Ship Log that we get at the end of the cruise.

Hubby also buys several T shirts to give as gifts and also buys himself a Polo Shirt or two with the HAL Logo and the name of the ship we are on.

One cruise I thought hubby was into collecting Watches:eek: He bought a total of 9 watches on that cruise and gave all but 1 away as gifts (I kept one). They were all bought at the Lido Pool Side Sale.

Joanie

Cruise Logs. We have every single one. Most of the key cards also. We collected the lovely painted Dutch hats for years, now they are all in frames with the key cards and some memorabilia from those cruises. :D

I also keep a journal of each cruise. The earlier ones are very detailed the later ones not so much.:o Ah, how jaded we get. :rolleyes:

Those hats were so beautiful. We love our collection of the painted hats.

How did you frame them? Did you do them singly or did you make an arrangement of them? We could never frame all of them but maybe a few of our favorites. I'm interested in ideas how to frame some. :)

<snip>

Hubby also buys several T shirts to give as gifts and also buys himself a Polo Shirt or two with the HAL Logo and the name of the ship we are on.

<snip>

Joanie

How does your DH get so lucky to find polos or t shirts with ship's name on it? We rarely see a ship's name. All the shirts we see are generic Holland America Line.

Is there any ONE thing you always go out of your way to save from each of your cruises?
My passport. I always like to try to save my passport, as I find it often comes in handy on the next trip.

Seriously, I also save the cruise logs.

I used to get everyone at my dinner table to sign the last night's menu and save that too, but as it's now rare to find a ship that prints new menus every night I've rather given up on that.

I keep the key cards, final bills and cruise logs. How long has HAL been providing the cruise logs? I know I was surprised to find not all lines provide them. Another HAL special touch.

You keep the final bills?? That is one item I don;t want to keep.

We started sailing Princess in 1989 and always got a cruise log for our cruises.

I don't remember any for Cunard.

Key Cards. I've kept them all.

Back in the 70's you could actually visit the other ships tied up at the pier. Never had a problem just walking on and checking it out. Yes, times have changed. And the ships have gotten a whole lot bigger!

I remember when we that back in the early 90's -- especially on the day after Christmas and there were a ton of us in St Thomas -- all small ships.

And we were the third one over docked at tiny Havensight.

Everyone was laughing and having a good time.

We have also kept all those precious hand painted Dutch Hats -- sure do miss those.

We have also kept all those precious hand painted Dutch Hats -- sure do miss those.

I think that new cruisers with HAL have no idea how nice those hats were to receive. Not sure if the stewards had an assembly line going, but they really seem to put a lot of work into them. We really like the 2 that we still have. It might be nice if someone could even post some pictures of these hats.

I'm not tech savy enough to do it.

Our first Princess cruise was in July 1989 -- round trip from San Francisco -- 14 days -- Alaska.

Our first Princess cruise was our first cruise ever.

It was about 1990 and was Royal Princess.

I don't recall getting a cruise log at the end of any of our Princess cruises.

Wish I knew where my old scrap books are.

Our first Princess cruise was the old Star Princess (now P&O's Pacific Pearl). In 1990 we sailed on the Sky Princess (now Pullmantur's Atlantic Star). 1991 we sailed on the old Royal Princess (now Phoenix Reisen's Artania). Most the Princess ships we have sailed on have been sold to other companies.

Archived