Nieuw Amsterdam Sailaway Tuesday 4/30/13

Skipper's Mom

Is she docking where the Oasis and Allure dock at????:confused:

I think this is the Princess dock.

What a wonderful evening. :)

and being able to listen to their chatter...even better.

Hmmm... looking at cam #1, it might be the Allure dock. Not sure...obviously.

Is she docking where the Oasis and Allure dock at????:confused:

No. Oasis and Allure dock at 18. She is docking at 19.

Maybe the reason for this is that there is a very wide apron at the dock that will allow for easier folk-lift movements in order to supply the ship for her trans-Atlantic and Europe season.

The funnels do not seem to be lighted as brightly as I remeber other HAL ships being at night.

Maybe it just looks that way because of all of the other lights that are so bright on that deck? or maybe because there are no passengers on board?

She does look lovely. I hope all of the work inside is all completed.

Horrors. Maybe they forgot to replace the bulbs in the drydock?

LOL

Sounds like the lines are being all secured.

Well, so much for tonight. See you at the sailaway around 1600 hours Tuesday. Hoping for some toots. Lots of toots. ;)

Darn. It says "sound off" on all the cameras, for me anyway. This is the first time I've watched on my netbook, maybe it's something to do with that.

Melodie, I'm staying in Vancouver this week, will watch the Zuiderdam coming in.

I wonder why she came in so early?

Drydock work is done, although there may still be contractors working through the night to finish any work not done inside.

Also, it gives them time to re-stock the ship for the Summer season in Europe so that she can have an on-time departure tomorrow. (That we will have to wait to see.)

Darn. It says "sound off" on all the cameras, for me anyway. This is the first time I've watched on my netbook, maybe it's something to do with that.

I have sound. Lots of talk getting her all secured.

You are watching through the Port Everglades cam and then switching between the 3 different cams at the top of the screen, right?

I was on Carnival Miracle on the cruise just before she went into drydock and enjoyed her Behind the Scenes tour. Her stockrooms were quite empty and I have no doubt that is the way the Nieuw Amsterdam's were prior to sailing to Freeport. Lots of supplies have to be taken aboard tonight and tomorrow.

Drydock work is done, although there may still be contractors working through the night to finish any work not done inside.

Also, it gives them time to re-stock the ship for the Summer season in Europe so that she can have an on-time departure tomorrow. (That we will have to wait to see.)

Thanks!

I have sound. Lots of talk getting her all secured.

You are watching through the Port Everglades cam and then switching between the 3 different cams at the top of the screen, right?

Yep, and still no sound. Never mind, at least I was able to see her come in.

Skippers Mom thanks for starting this tread, I would have miss out on the Nieuw Amsterdam coming in to Pt Evergaldes this evening.

Lou and David, have no idea who was awake working the web cams but got some great shots of her coming in. Thanks for a nice sail in.

Archived