Nieuw Amsterdam Christening....

sail7seas

When Nieuw Amsterdam was christened, we watched as guests signed the glass panels that were to be processed and ultimately placed aboard the ship for viewing by all when aboard.

Has anyone seen those panels put in place yet?

We looked and asked about them when we were on Nieuw Amsterdam but never saw them.

Curious if they are now there?

When Nieuw Amsterdam was christened, we watched as guests signed the glass panels that were to be processed and ultimately placed aboard the ship for viewing by all when aboard.

Has anyone seen those panels put in place yet?

We looked and asked about them when we were on Nieuw Amsterdam but never saw them.

Curious if they are now there?

I specifically looked for them in November on her and found them mounted Just across the hall from the Hotel Managers office. They are inset into an alcove behind plexiglass and lit.

Joanie

I specifically looked for them in November on her and found them mounted Just across the hall from the Hotel Managers office. They are inset into an alcove behind plexiglass and lit.

Joanie

Do you like them? How do they look?

Do you like them? How do they look?

Not really into big boards with a couple thousand signatures on them, especially when they are in an alcove in a fairly dimly lit spot.

Just looks so out of place Sail:(

I think they could have put te panel(s?) i a better location with a better plaque stating what, how, why, where.....Like I said, looks out of place.

Joanie

I saw them on my 2012 cruise and as I recall they were near the front desk. I thought they were great and stopped and looked every time I passed wondering about the people who had the opportunity to sign them.Lucky them.

I'm no expert but they seemed to be nicely presented and placed from someone who had no expectations or prior opinions about them.

I saw them on my 2012 cruise and as I recall they were near the front desk. I thought they were great and stopped and looked every time I passed wondering about the people who had the opportunity to sign them.Lucky them.

I'm no expert but they seemed to be nicely presented and placed from someone who had no expectations or prior opinions about them.

I agree with you Sammy goose. I felt the same way while reading the names.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:) Thank you so much for these messages. I was disappointed that no one seemed to like the panels and I had thought them a great idea. :)

I agree with you Sammy goose. I felt the same way while reading the names.]

I'm another who thought it was a very nice display. I had no trouble reading the names and it seemed to show a real appreciation of those first passengers on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Rachel

I had no trouble reading the names and it seemed to show a real appreciation of those first passengers on the Nieuw Amsterdam.
Incidentally, those passengers included the then Princess Maxima, the ship's "godmother", who became Queen Consort of the Netherlands yesterday.

Of more interest to some, perhaps, I see that the passengers also of course included Apollonia, who I think will be well known to many CCers.

Incidentally, those passengers included the then Princess Maxima, the ship's "godmother", who became Queen Consort of the Netherlands yesterday.

Of more interest to some, perhaps, I see that the passengers also of course included Apollonia, who I think will be well known to many CCers.

Princess Maxima, the ship's Godmother, signed first. She signed during the Ceremonies.

I wonder why Apllonia. Was she a guest on that voyage? :confused:

Princess Maxima, the ship's Godmother, signed first. She signed during the Ceremonies.

I wonder why Apllonia. Was she a guest on that voyage? :confused:

She's the wife of NADM's take-out captain, Edward van Zaane, and a former HAL Social Hostess

......and rank has its privileges

Archived