1st Non-Carnival Cruise - NCL Dawn or RCCL Serenade?

nwo4life

Been on 7 Carnival and 2 Royal, but Serenade was probably one of my favorite ships that I have been on. It's a little small, but nothing seemed crowded. Really well put together ship.

I have not cruised NCL so cannot comment on that.

I was on 9 Carnival cruises then we went on Norwegian Spirit out of New York.

We were disappointed in comparison. It had a different feel that Carnival. Not as much fun, in our opinion. We won't go on NCL again.

If I had to choose now, I'd choose Royal Caribbean over NCL. But maybe I wouldn't like that either.

We're going back to Carnival this month on the Glory.

Go with the Serenade. We were like you .. many Carnival Cruises and we tried NCL and wen ton the NCL Dream (which I think may be the same class as the Dawn but don't quote me) We had an ok cruise but were disappointed with the Dream.

DW & I are considering trying a new cruise line. We want to leave from New Orleans in December '14. After 12 CCL cruises, which ship would you suggest?

I have sailed on Carnival 4 times, Norwegian once and Royal Caribbean 11 times so naturally I say Royal Caribbean.

We have two upcoming cruises. First on the Serenade this December (2013) and the second on the same ship booked for February 2014.

Have not done the Serenade, but was on the

Dawn last Dec. She has been refurbished and

is an absolutely beautiful ship. Food and service

were wonderful. Might not be as classy as the

Serenade, but depends entirely on what you are

looking for.

DW & I are considering trying a new cruise line. We want to leave from New Orleans in December '14. After 12 CCL cruises, which ship would you suggest?

I think you should ask this question on the boards for those particular companies.

Go with the Serenade. We were like you .. many Carnival Cruises and we tried NCL and wen ton the NCL Dream (which I think may be the same class as the Dawn but don't quote me) We had an ok cruise but were disappointed with the Dream.

In fairness the NCL Dream has not sailed for NCL since 2008.

A lot can happen in the cruise industry in 5 years. I'd say in 2008 CCL was flying high and NCL was an after thought in my eyes.

With an infusion in cash and a new CEO NCL has made major strides while CCL has gone backwards since the departure of Uncle Bob.

I just got off the Dawn a few weeks ago and had a great cruise. You can't go wrong with the Serenade either.:)

Bill

Archived