" white party" do they still do it?

It was on the Majesty in February but not our recent cruise on Enchantment.

Hi there! I don't remember one on the VOS last November but the Rhapsody held one in March this year.

On Liberty last June they held the white party on the pool deck when they served the midnight buffet.

The last two cruises on our LOS they had a "Black-n-White" theme midnight buffet pool party.

When I was on Oasis last September, there was no "White Party" to speak of...only that disco night stuff. I didn't care much for it, and would have preferred a cool white attire deck party/buffet. Oasis, however, doesn't really have enough pool deck space to accomodate that many people, so I guess I'm out of luck on that one. :(

They had it on our 11 night VOS this Feb. Was also in the compass for dinner dress. Had it in the closed in pool area. It was a nut house, lol. We just walked in and out, the lines for food and drinks were so long. Seemed nice if you got there early. Had music with a disco theme.

Actually, RCI isn't really known for "White Parties"; it's NCL (Norwegian)that has them on nearly all of their sailings. It's called the White Hot Party, and they are really a lot of fun. It was quite some time ago, but I remember having a ball; seeing everybody in all-white attire is absolutely beautiful. People wore everything: all white suits, white beach wear, white t-shirts with white jeans.... the works!

Anybody who wants to check it out can find a lot of videos on YouTube under Norwegian White Hot Party.

• 3 months later...

On Independence it was 'Twenty by Absolut' in the solarium, and was excellent. It was after the 70's Royal Promenade party, and started off with 70's music and then changed to a modern nightclub later. It really was fun and very busy, and I wish they did it more than once, since The Labyrinth wasn't all that lively most nights, and the warm Med nights make for a good outdoor nightclub.

You don't have to wear white that evening. Most cruises will have a "White Night" in which case the dress for dinner and for the evening is something white, or casual clothing if you don't have white. It is always posted in the printed Cruise Compass the day before for the next evening.

On our Med cruise, the White Night was the same day as our port stop in Santorini, so there was ample time to purchase whites if desired. We talked to a merchant who had put out a rack of white dresses and they were gone in an hour because of the White Night. He was happy. :)

Archived