" white party" do they still do it?

kmcphee26: It was day 5 (Aruba) for us. I think if you are leaving next Saturday, you have the same itinerary we did. Aruba was also the 11 pm sailing and Lobster night. Have a great time. We loved it.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info!

Had it on my February cruise on Liberty. They didn't advertise it but I read it on this board. Kinda strange that RCI doesn't mention it anywhere until you get your compass? Anyone know if they have the white party on 7 night eastern Freedom? We are going in October.

I also wonder how so many passengers new about the white party? How did anyone else find out?

• 1 month later...

We had a White Party just last week aboard the "Vision of the Seas" (7 nights Fjords cruise from Copenhagen to Norway).

We expect one also during our upcoming Mediterranean cruise from Rome aboard the "Navigator of the Seas" --

seen it noted on others' compass for this ship.

TAs yes, Caribbean seems to depend upon the sailing...some are inside under the black lights and are called "Black&White"Parties and others are pool side or all over around the Centrum area and are called "White"Parties. They are fun, music and drinks are good, CDir works to make sure everyone is having a blast.

my friend had it while on Liberty for new years Eve. I didnt have one on the Oasis, I dont think there is space to do it but on the Solarium.

Actually nightlife on the Oasis was quite boring... or didnt exist

That has been my point to people about the Oasis. It's a great ship if you're looking for an indoor amusement park, hotel-like experience. Don't get me wrong, I had a terrific time...but I need my deck party fix, and I didn't get it. It's something that I enjoy on the smaller/moderate sized ships, and as you stated, there isn't space for a party or midnight buffet at the pool. Their focus is on the indoor "neighborhoods", and that tends to be where everybody is.

We had one on Vision in August, but they never called it a "white party" per se, but it matches everyone else's descriptions. It was in the solarium because it was too cold outside. Ours was Vision's only UK sailing of the summer, and I got the feeling the whole party would have made more sense if Russian destinations were involved.

We had one on Vision in August, but they never called it a "white party" per se, but it matches everyone else's descriptions. It was in the solarium because it was too cold outside. Ours was Vision's only UK sailing of the summer, and I got the feeling the whole party would have made more sense if Russian destinations were involved.

were you drinking White Russians by the way. lol

Is this the same as the Glow party? We had it last week on the Allure. Fantastic time. People were encouraged to wear white or neon. Blinky drinks, glow in the dark jewelry.

Where was this located? I'm on Allure in a couple of weeks and am hoping there is a party like this! Thanks!

Jewel had it last week. We had never heard of it so we didn't have outfits for it.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info!

Since both of you have sailed already, can either of you tell me where this party was on Jewel? Also if you could tell me what any of the other theme nights were on this itinerary I'd be grateful. I've only been able to find copies of the Cruise Compass for another itinerary.

Since both of you have sailed already, can either of you tell me where this party was on Jewel? Also if you could tell me what any of the other theme nights were on this itinerary I'd be grateful. I've only been able to find copies of the Cruise Compass for another itinerary.

The white party was up on the pool deck. The CD staff led a dance party and there was a buffet. There was also the RCI standard 70s night but it's really only the crew that dresses up. The 70s party was in the centrum. I think that was it for theme nights!

The white party was up on the pool deck. The CD staff led a dance party and there was a buffet. There was also the RCI standard 70s night but it's really only the crew that dresses up. The 70s party was in the centrum. I think that was it for theme nights!

Great, thank you so much for your quick reply. :)

Archived