How many cruises have you been on?

How many cruises have you been on?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you been on?

• none...yet!
    • 0-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21 or more

We were recently on a HAL Westerdam transaltantic crossing and this lady was awarded by the Captain for having sailed over 3,000 days on HAL vessels.

That is over 8 years of sailing on HAL vessels.

Her award was simply a medallion to hang around her neck.

My sig counts them off...but I just finished #20 last November, and have #21 booked for this September!

I can't seem to catch up to my mother though...I take 1 per year and she takes 5 or more per year. No hope of ever catching her...she just got off #96 a few weeks ago, and by the time I'm stepping off #21, she'll have finished #97, 98, and stepping on #99 that November.

Plus, while mine are mostly 7 or 10 day cruises, hers are the 14-30 dayers!!

Anyway, I took the liberty of adding myself to the 21+ crowd, since I'm already booked! ;)

16 cruises completed between 1983 and 2005

5 future cruises booked

COMPLETED:

RCCL:

'84/Song of America (Eastern Carib)

'96/Viking Serenade (Ensenada)

'99/Enchantment of the Seas (Western Carib)

'02/Voyager of the Seas (Western Carib)

'04/Adventure of the Seas (Southern Carib)

'05/Monarch of the Seas (Ensenada)

CARNIVAL:

'92/Jubilee (Mexico)

'97/Holiday (Ensenada)

'00/Elation (Mexico)

'01/Ecstasy (Ensenada)

'02/Ecstasy (Ensenada)

'03/Ecstasy (Ensenada)

'03/Ecstasy (Ensenada)

'03/Victory (Canada)

OTHERS:

'83/Azure Seas (Ensenada)

'88/Stardancer (Mexico)

COMING UP:

07/29/05 Monarch of the Seas

09/26/05 Sapphire Princess (1st Princess cruise)

10/28/05 Monarch of the Seas (Murder Mystery cruise)

02/17/05 Monarch of the Seas

06/18/06 FREEDOM OF THE SEAS

Hi Folgy,

We are still really looking--would love to do the Baltic or maybe the new Greek Isles itinerary, but the prices have really gone up IMO. Probably looking at next spring or fall depending on itinerary and how many pennies we can save!!. Good luck getting the 18 night one. Wow, that would be heaven!! Our longest so far is 11 nights on a Transatlantic.

I lost track but I'm guessing it is around 40. Of course, almost all of those were while I was still living at home with mom and dad.

We've (DH and I) only been on three (and our 4th one coming up) since I left home and got married. It's definitely addicting and hopefully someday we'll be taking AT LEAST one a year. I just need to find a better way to fund my habit. :D

Hi Folgy,

We are still really looking--would love to do the Baltic or maybe the new Greek Isles itinerary, but the prices have really gone up IMO. Probably looking at next spring or fall depending on itinerary and how many pennies we can save!!. Good luck getting the 18 night one. Wow, that would be heaven!! Our longest so far is 11 nights on a Transatlantic.

Rala , My longest one was also 11 day. Vancouver to Hawaii on the Dawn Princess. They had the best CD . Really great guy and fun shows . I came in second on who is the Weakest Link. I won first in the virtual reality longest drive contest. There was so much fun things to do and far superior food to RCCL.

I sure am hoping that we can get the JS we requested for the may 2006 sailing on the Coral Princess.(so far nadda!) I am going to bug my T/A this week .

Nothing on RCCL has appealed to us yet. Still looking though.

P.S. I was told that on 18 day cruises that their would be very little chance of too many poopaloopas or kids.If this is the case , then I would prefer to cruise longer once a year rather than two 7 day'er cruises a year. Where I might have to suffer the wrath of crumb crunchers and poopaloopas.

Folgy, You are too funny with your crumbcrunchers and poopaloopas. I actually have five of them (grandchildren)--actually only one is still a poopaloopa. I love them with all my heart,but I know exactly where you are coming from. For everything there is a season............!

Well, I went on my first cruise in February of this year. The first cruise was enough to make me fall in love with cruise vacations. I just found out yesterday that DH had a conference in Tampa, FL the first week in December and I'll have just quite my job. I'm planning to go with DH on the conference and I think I've got him convinced that we need to do a 3-day cruise to the Bahama's aboard the Soveriegn.

Then in March 2006 we have what will be our 3rd cruise (if we go in Dec.) planned to the Eastern Caribbean. This is a group cruise I've put together. I'm hoping that DH and I will be able to go on a cruise in October or Nov. of 2006 as well.

My goal is to do 2 cruises a year for the rest of my life (wishful thinking probably but a nice goal).

Pam

Our TA has done this...we lost count at 197 a few months ago.. and he has about a dozen booked for the next few months..

Promos, new ships, cruises to nowhere, trans atlantic, carib, europe...every line there is...all he pays is port charges (most of the time)...and this is only 20 years in the business. Sounds like a lot but it averages to 10 cruises a year....and some are only for a few days...whatever, still sounds good to me!!!!!

1996 - Norway

1997 - NCL Windward

1997 - RCL Majesty of the Seas

1998 - Horizon

1999 - Grand Princess

1999 - Norway (Jazz cruise)

2001 - Enchantment of the Seas

2002 - NCL Majesty

2004 - Navigator of the Seas

#10 = June 2005 - Celebrity Galaxy

Archived