Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

We bought a couple of Brita water bottles that have small filters in them. We use them whenever we travel. They are great for flying because you can fill them after security and they filter out chlorine and make the water taste like bottled water. We also fill them with water on the ship so we have good tasting water when we are in ports.

How do we sign up for MEET & Mingle party on our next cruise.

Go to the Roll call section that shows up before these pages. Look for Princess, then your ship, and then your date. As simple as that! SO much fun to meet your cruise mates ahead of time!

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree. I use the pen on the nightstand and that memo pad to write down the activites for the day that I will attend. My cell phone or IPad is my clock/alarm. No need for a nightlight, as I usually travel alone so I turn on the bedside light. I will start bringing a small power surger though. I don't even bring shampoo, conditioner, or lotion since I use what the ship gives me. I save money so I can spend it in ports or onboard. :)

I have not cruised for a few yrs but loved the moisturizer cream! Do you know if they still offer it and shampoo ? Someone told me you only get a bar of soap now.

I have not cruised for a few yrs but loved the moisturizer cream! Do you know if they still offer it and shampoo ? Someone told me you only get a bar of soap now.

I forgot to say I am sailing on the Ruby. Thank you

One of the past threads I've read, made an excellent suggestion.

battery operated tea lights. (this was suggested in lieu of a night light)

how cool is that!...especially if you have more than one scattered thru the room.

I enjoy trying to reduce luggage to a mimimun and finding new ways each trip to do so. But I added something to what we bring onboard last cruise and will do so again next time. Battery operated led type tea lights. Was recommended by someone on CC. They had them at the dollar store in FLL. Turned one on in bathroom at night, and off in the morning, one lasted the 10 days of the cruise. Just enough light (no need for bright lights in the night) and saves us from turning the big light on before getting into the bathroom ( can wake up DH).

BRILLIANT!! I'll be packing one for my next cruise!

I also just ordered a speaker for my Iphone that uses blue tooth to have some music by pool and on balcony... can't wait.

Just be respectful of the people on the cruise with you that don't want to listen to music all the time. Many of us like quiet times on a cruise.

A better solution would be to use Bluetooth headphones so only you hear the music.

Just be respectful of the people on the cruise with you that don't want to listen to music all the time. Many of us like quiet times on a cruise.

A better solution would be to use Bluetooth headphones so only you hear the music.

I agree. When I sit on my balcony I want to listen to the waves. I don't want to listen to other people's music. I was so happy to return to Princess and not have smoke ruin my balcony time. Let people have their peace.

I also just ordered a speaker for my Iphone that uses blue tooth to have some music by pool and on balcony... can't wait.

I agree.

My first thought on reading the post about the speakers was that I hope that person (or specifically those speakers! :eek: ) won't be on my cruise!

Everyone she stated in her post the speakers had blue tooth so she sounded to me like she meant she would be listening with ear phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Both regular speakers and earphones are available for Bluetooth. She said speakers, so I assumed that's what she meant. I think only the OP can tell us what she meant, though.

edit: speaker, not speakers

Edited by MGnut

Got my luggage tags all set.. Picked up the Brita bottles also Gerry...

I love the idea of the tea lights....will have to pick some up

Both regular speakers and earphones are available for Bluetooth. She said speakers, so I assumed that's what she meant. I think only the OP can tell us what she meant, though.

edit: speaker, not speakers

The post I was referring to was not the OP but from here. She has only made a total of 66 posts so just thought she should have some slack cut instead of everyone ganging up on her. She was excited about her purchase and it turned into flaming her by many (as you can see by the several posts preceding). I really feel for the new posters who are excited and say one thing taken the wrong way and then they never come back. I thought the boards were to help everyone and it seems like all she did was get flamed for buying a speaker with bluetooth.

Cheerldrmom please don't let the posts keep you from using the forums to learn more about crusing. For the most part you will gain a wealth of knowledge and learn many things to help save money etc.

cheerldrmom user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

The post I was referring to was not the OP but from here. She has only made a total of 66 posts so just thought she should have some slack cut instead of everyone ganging up on her. She was excited about her purchase and it turned into flaming her by many (as you can see by the several posts preceding). I really feel for the new posters who are excited and say one thing taken the wrong way and then they never come back. I thought the boards were to help everyone and it seems like all she did was get flamed for buying a speaker with bluetooth.

Cheerldrmom please don't let the posts keep you from using the forums to learn more about crusing. For the most part you will gain a wealth of knowledge and learn many things to help save money etc.

cheerldrmom user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Sorry - I wasn't meaning to flame her, I was just letting her know that speakers were not a good idea in public places on a cruise ship. I thought I might be giving her a better option.

Sorry - I wasn't meaning to flame her, I was just letting her know that speakers were not a good idea in public places on a cruise ship. I thought I might be giving her a better option.

I know but I was really referring to the other half dozen people that also made comments. Just seemed like everyone suddenly ganged up on her at once.

Sorry if it seemed like we were "ganging up" on her.

I've unfortunately had the experience of being next to people with speakers on their balcony so it hit home for me.

I thought that several people saying it might be a problem rather than just one person might make her realize it wasn't just an overly sensitive person.

Sorry if it seemed like we were "ganging up" on her.

I've unfortunately had the experience of being next to people with speakers on their balcony so it hit home for me.

I thought that several people saying it might be a problem rather than just one person might make her realize it wasn't just an overly sensitive person.

I wasn't ganging up either. I was agreeing to the suggestion that earplugs would be a better option. When I listen to music on my balcony I always have my earbuds in.

I'm sure she now has the hint. Again, she has only made a total of 66 posts so just hope she comes back. I have learned so much on these forums over the years and have also been flamed for saying one wrong thing out of excitement. icon10.gif