Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

Unlike using your email server on your own table or laptop which automatically pops up the recipient's address by typing in a few letters, Princess's e-card needs the full email address, so I always take a small card along with the email addresses of people I want to send cards to. BTW just a caution - I checked with a few friends that I sent e-card to on our last TA in April, and several of them were never received.

Was in one of those old independent hardware stores recently. Looked at the clearance area and there was a bunch of the Purex 3 in 1 --- SCORE. We are set for at least the next ten years. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forums mobile app

We put our clear pocket over the door shoe holder on the outside of the bathroom door. This way I can get ready and use all of the items while my DH is taking his shower.

We put all of the like items together in the same row and I have labeled each pocket with my label maker. Before the cruise, I hang it on one of our bedroom doors and fill it up to make sure I did not forget anything. The least used items go on the bottom row such as extra baggies, first ad kit, and extension cord. Then I take each of those items out of the pockets and put them into a waterproof packing cube. The shoe holder folds up flat and fits perfectly in a front pocket of our suitcase. Once we get on the ship, my DH hangs up the shoe holder and fills each of the pockets while I hang up the clothes. Since each pocket is labeled, it is easy for him and only takes a few minutes.

I also have a hanging jewelry/makeup holder which I hang on a wall in the stateroom on one of those plastic 3m hooks that are easily removed. It has 3 pockets across and 8 pockets down. One side I use for my jewelry and put the necklace, earrings, and bracelets that I will be wearing together on the same row. Each pocket zips so it all stays put. On the other side is where I put my makeup/q-tips/tweezers, clippers, scissors/nail supplies/misc. items. When full, I fold it up into thirds and pack it in my carryon.

This all takes a little bit of work before leaving, but once we are on the cruise ship, we just hang up the items and start enjoying our cruise!!!

I didn't use most of what I packed (small roll of duct tape, sea-sickness tablets, etc.) but they didn't take up much room and I was glad to have them. I did use bandages and neosporin.

What I wish I'd have brought was a pedometer! I have no idea how long it's been since I've walked that much, really curious how much walking it was!

Well I'm glad you found the 3 n 1 Purex sheets. I really like them and still using them. I have almost two boxes left, and then I don't know what I'll do. I have a feeling my store doesn't have them any more. They are so handy to use.:)

what are 3 in 1 purex sheets? I am assuming that they have been discontinued by manufacturers?

any info?

these were discontinued in late 2011 near as I can tell .. Apparently there were issues where they ruined clothing - permanent stains like fabric softener has been known to do..

and I have heard the pods do not always dissolve in commercial low water machines -- neither one good for hand washing, if needed.

Maybe going back to powder and hope the TSA doesnt pull you out for white powder in baggies is the way to go !!! lol

A surge protector so I can charge all my stuff (camera, phone, Kindle, iPad, etc.) as needed. Magnets to hang all the notices and paper we get. The walls are metal. Ziploc bag to put the remote into. Those remotes cannot be sanitized and are nasty. A dry bag that goes ashore every time with us incase of rain. Great to put your camera into it during a rain storm. Alcohol goes into Rum Runners and in checked bags. Never had a problem with it.

Edited by Bethcb

Everyone's talking about the Purex sheets and of course they would take an excellent product off the market. But, I found these just now

http://www.magellans.com/laundry-soap-sheets

Not a bad price at $10.00 with a cute plastic case. Cheaper than I could find the Purex on Amazon.

I just found the Travelon brand at TJ Maxx for the same price as Amazon without shipping.

Be aware of the difference... The Travelon sheet dissolves. It's just Soap sheets... but in a nice small case.

The Purex 3-in-1 sheet becomes a Dryer sheet (anti-static, softener).

Amazon still has 20-packs of the Purex for under 7 bucks, sourced from a "closeout" place. When they're gone they will be gone.

I recommend a "Squid" power cord that splits into five individual plugs. With many new electronic devices that have transformers, you cannot fit two plugs next to each other. The squid offers five individual plugs that each can accommodate a transformer.

They cost around 15 bucks. You can buy one with a surge suppressor at Amazon for about $30.

From what I have been reading they are really cracking down on "disguised" personnel alcohol. We packed boxed wine in our suitcase last cruise to Hawaii without an issue, but that was 2 yrs ago.

I have read - many times - on cc posts that the plastic bags that the boxed wine comes in does not show up in the xrays - I bought two small ones - holding 3 glasses each and put them in my luggage, in my shoes - no problem. It was a test on my part -- maybe it was the plastic bag or maybe it looked like something else in the shoes -- maybe they never looked...

I think - again not sure - that there is a cc section where liquor and wine & who allows what is discussed - a general series of posts. Alot of various ways to get it on board - for sure ..

All the cruise lines are starting to clarify and enforce the "rule' they have always had -- and RCI has just begun ( 11/1/12) to allow the 2 bottles of wine on !

azippy

The ziploc bags serve another purpose.

If you are doing your own excursion or going on an excursion where they don't serve meals, you can use them to bring your own food.

You can order sandwiches from room service and place them in the ziploc bags. You can then put them in an insulated tote like this one from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Raya-Insulated-Modern-Design/dp/B009SNOC36/ref=pd_sim_hg_8

This is helpful if you're going to a port where they only take local currency for food purchases or you just don't want to spend the money on food.

Be very careful doing this.There are many ports where it is unlawful to take any food off the ship.

TrinaM, the 3 x 1 sheets are Purex "toss" sheets into the washer. They are about a 4 x 6 sheet. Very handy to use. I don't know if they put them out anymore in the Kansas City area where I live, but when they came to Hy-Vee, one of my grocery stores, I "stocked" up on them. I have about 1 1/2 boxes left for my home in KC, and I'm taking about 4 - 6 of these down to the lake.:)

Be aware of the difference... The Travelon sheet dissolves. It's just Soap sheets... but in a nice small case.

The Purex 3-in-1 sheet becomes a Dryer sheet (anti-static, softener).

Amazon still has 20-packs of the Purex for under 7 bucks, sourced from a "closeout" place. When they're gone they will be gone.

Recently ordered 3 in 1 sheets from soap.com