Travel to and from airport to ship

Lots of info on the Britain 'ports of call' board, and the answer is 'depends'.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

If you are going straight from LHR to Harwich, it is the one port I would recommend using the cruise line transfer. LHR is 20 miles west of London and Harwich is 50 miles NE of London...its a 2-3 hr coach journey depending on traffic (and the infamous M25!). If you are stopping in London for a night(or more). Use Heathrow Express or tube into London, then use train from Liverpool Street station to Harwich International (which is right beside the ship). Like I say, come and ask us on the Britain board are we will argue all the pros and cons!!:D

Simon

Isn't this one we all pretty much agree on? :)

Not if you've used the ship transfer bus day of cruise from LHR...We did...and next time we'll make our way to Liverpool Street Station and take the train ;):)

Not if you've used the ship transfer bus day of cruise from LHR...We did...and next time we'll make our way to Liverpool Street Station and take the train ;):)

It would help if you gave more detail.

It would help if you gave more detail.

Sorry, but I have given details several times before and didn't think it was necessary (my response was in regards to..not everyone "agrees").

Basically it was the traffic and over 3 hrs. on a bus..Since we took the train on the return from Harwich to Liverpool Street Station we saw how quick and easy the trip could actually be.

Archived