Oosterdam to Alaska on sale

NoobCruise

I was just doing some dummy bookings. Oosterdam Alaska is on sale right now. There are several dates over the summer. I was looking at June 2nd

Interior $499

Outside $599

Verandah $699

Signature Suite $999

I wish DH could get vacation on such short notice. But we just got back from a 10 day trip last Wed so I doubt he can swing another week so soon, even with several weeks of vacation still on the books :(

I was just doing some dummy bookings. Oosterdam Alaska is on sale right now. There are several dates over the summer. I was looking at June 2nd

Interior $499

Outside $599

Verandah $699

Signature Suite $999

I wish DH could get vacation on such short notice. But we just got back from a 10 day trip last Wed so I doubt he can swing another week so soon, even with several weeks of vacation still on the books :(

Seems all the Alaska cruises are on sale now. Even balconies are on sale on my Amsterdam June 7th cruise.

I was going to take an Alaska cruise in may because prices are so good. I just got back fro Mexico last week and had the flu prior to that. Next month I'm going for surgery and will likely be away from work for 2 weeks. If I ask for any vaycay I think they'll ask if I want a permanent one:D:eek:;).

I was going to take an Alaska cruise in may because prices are so good. I just got back fro Mexico last week and had the flu prior to that. Next month I'm going for surgery and will likely be away from work for 2 weeks. If I ask for any vaycay I think they'll ask if I want a permanent one:D:eek:;).

Lorene: Sincerely hope your surgery is not that serious. However having 2 weeks off works could mean serious. Hope everything works out well for you. I have to go see a cardio doctor in late May after my next cruise. Not looking forward to that as I think they are all quacks in Richmond. I accuse them all of my husband's demise.

Lorene: Sincerely hope your surgery is not that serious. However having 2 weeks off works could mean serious. Hope everything works out well for you. I have to go see a cardio doctor in late May after my next cruise. Not looking forward to that as I think they are all quacks in Richmond. I accuse them all of my husband's demise.

I'm just getting some orthascopic surgery done for my badly torn meniscus in my knee. They say I could be off for 2 weeks but it might be less.

Hmmm! I hope you're not talking about the practice on Gilbert Road!

Interior $499

Outside $599

Verandah $699

Signature Suite $999

all of alaska seems to be on sale.... which i wish i could stomach waiting to the last minute, but with the 3rd and 4th person free thing on HAL, we made out pretty well for our alaska cruise in a few weeks.

I'm just getting some orthascopic surgery done for my badly torn meniscus in my knee. They say I could be off for 2 weeks but it might be less.

Sorry to hear you need the surgery but hope it goes well and you have an easy, smooth recovery.

Best wishes. Hope you get a good report. :)

"I'm just getting some orthascopic surgery done for my badly torn meniscus in my knee. They say I could be off for 2 weeks but it might be less."

Wishing you good luck with this. Had this type of surgery a couple of years ago. Felt like I was raring to go after a week of rest, but then I was retired so could sit down and rest anytime I needed. One benefit for me was that while the surgeon did the meniscus repair he also took care of a rough, arthritic area and some floating debris so bought me some years before I'll need a total knee replacement. Amazing what they can do these days.

"I'm just getting some orthascopic surgery done for my badly torn meniscus in my knee. They say I could be off for 2 weeks but it might be less."

Wishing you good luck with this. Had this type of surgery a couple of years ago. Felt like I was raring to go after a week of rest, but then I was retired so could sit down and rest anytime I needed. One benefit for me was that while the surgeon did the meniscus repair he also took care of a rough, arthritic area and some floating debris so bought me some years before I'll need a total knee replacement. Amazing what they can do these days.

Thank you for this info. Even though I know the surgery is no biggie I'm still worried about it. It's comforting to hear good stories. Maybe I'll make the Alaska cruise if the favourable prices hold out:).

Thank you for this info. Even though I know the surgery is no biggie I'm still worried about it. It's comforting to hear good stories. Maybe I'll make the Alaska cruise if the favourable prices hold out:).

Good luck on your surgery! I had a torn ACL, torn MCL, and torn lateral meniscus from a skiing injury. They replaced my ACL with the achilles tendon from a cadaver with biodegradable screws. The meniscus was minor so they just shaved off the rough edges. I was back to work in about 3 weeks, but probably should have taken longer. 4 months of physical therapy. The good news is I was back to snow skiing 8 months later when the resorts re-opened and my knee is as good as the other. I hope your surgery goes as well!

Good luck on your surgery! I had a torn ACL, torn MCL, and torn lateral meniscus from a skiing injury. They replaced my ACL with the achilles tendon from a cadaver with biodegradable screws. The meniscus was minor so they just shaved off the rough edges. I was back to work in about 3 weeks, but probably should have taken longer. 4 months of physical therapy. The good news is I was back to snow skiing 8 months later when the resorts re-opened and my knee is as good as the other. I hope your surgery goes as well!

Yikes! Thank goodness mine isn't that bad. It good to hear about happy endings. Good to hear you are as good as new after going through that. I exercise a lot so it's going to be nice to have it feel normal after so long.

We are on the June 9 sailing and were able to exchange our balcony cabin for an SZ GTY because it was now the same price we paid. It appears they still have inventory left in every category with only a month to go. It will be interesting to see what they do to fill it.

Archived