Joining C&A?

I too will be a first-timer later this year and I've read (here and on the RCI web site), you cannot enroll prior to your first cruise (even though you're booked and paid). You can however enroll once on-board on that first cruise or do it after you get back home. I'm sure other RCI vets here will confirm.

For a first time RCI cruiser, can this be done in advance of the cruise, or only once aboard?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Join aboard and also book/buy a (low deposit) future cruise voucher to be used at your option at a later stage - OBC upto $200.00 - Freinds/Family can also enjoy the low deposit paymemt and OBC benefits when they book/travel with you

Happy Cruising

Many loyalty Ambassadors on board will be happy to give you the Gold member discount coupon book that can be used on board if you sign up with them in person. They will put the Gold member sticker on your card on the very first cruise. Someone will come along soon and contradict me but I know it is true. I've taken new cruisers directly to the LA on board and visibly seen this done with my own eyes. All may not do it but some definitely will.

Join aboard and also book/buy a (low deposit) future cruise voucher to be used at your option at a later stage - OBC upto $200.00 - Freinds/Family can also enjoy the low deposit paymemt and OBC benefits when they book/travel with you

Happy Cruising

Certificate for Family & Friends was discontinued effective March 1.

Many loyalty Ambassadors on board will be happy to give you the Gold member discount coupon book that can be used on board if you sign up with them in person. They will put the Gold member sticker on your card on the very first cruise. Someone will come along soon and contradict me but I know it is true. I've taken new cruisers directly to the LA on board and visibly seen this done with my own eyes. All may not do it but some definitely will.

100% Agree!! :) It fact the Ambassadors on the IOS encouraged it!

Certificate for Family & Friends was discontinued effective March 1.

Again? Didn't they do this once before and restart it? Or was that just the campaign to get a new cruiser to sail? They change policies so fast I need motion sickness pills. :D

Again? Didn't they do this once before and restart it? Or was that just the campaign to get a new cruiser to sail? They change policies so fast I need motion sickness pills. :D

Now you can actually create a NC for someone else on board in their name. The nice thing now is that when they go to convert they do not have to book the can book any itinerary/sailing date/ship that they want.

Agree - Buit just used mine for Xmas Cruise:confused:

Yes, F&F certificate is gone. Now they allow you to transfer the NC certificate once, before it's assigned to a cruise. In other words, now we have to front the deposit for our friends and family, and collect from them later. Good business sense for Royal.

Yes, F&F certificate is gone. Now they allow you to transfer the NC certificate once, before it's assigned to a cruise. In other words, now we have to front the deposit for our friends and family, and collect from them later. Good business sense for Royal.

I see. In one way this is good. We can pick up the benefits for a friend or family not sailing with us but they can do any cruise they want. We don't have to travel together for them to reap the rewards. I'm fine with that.

Now you can actually create a NC for someone else on board in their name. The nice thing now is that when they go to convert they do not have to book the can book any itinerary/sailing date/ship that they want.

Just saw this. It's how I feel about it. Great! It's hard to travel with others with such variable schedules. OBC for others who may not even book in a balcony. It's still a nice advantage. And for those who don't cruise often but have friends who do it can be very helpful if the raising friend is willing to pay $100 and get paid back later. Or what about using them as Christmas gifts? There are now better options the way I see it.

another question is there a fee to join C&A or just having taken a cruise- what if you have sailed on Celebrity in the past?

No fee. If you sailed Celebrity you will have the equivalent level on your first RCI sailing. You need to call RCI to set it up and get your crown and anchor number. You are an exception to the rule.

another question is there a fee to join C&A or just having taken a cruise- what if you have sailed on Celebrity in the past?

If you have at least 5 credits on Celebrity, then you can join C&A immediatley and they will give you the equivalent level in C&A. If you have less than 5 credits on Celebrity, then you must have completed at least one Royal cruise to join C&A.

Also, if you are a member of M life, (which is some sort of frequent stay recognition program with certain Vegas resorts) you get some reciprocal benefit, so sign up for C&A before you sail. New cruiser friends of ours were stunned when on their FIRST cruise, the 2 wives ( a mom and daughter) were Gold C&A members upon boarding. They were mystified since none had ever cruised before! Turns out that the women had attended conferences for their business in Vegas and were M life members. Had the wives signed up ahead of time they could have also had their spouses recognized as Gold and everyone would have got a coupon book!

Dnt know much more than that, but look into it for sure!

thanks clarea & mommabean- think I only have 4 points- newbie here- though did give celebrity captain number to TA when booked- will see what happens- will look for LA when we get aboard in 19 days

N

Archived