Another Carnival ship to go down under?

GHDPeter

I assumed it was going to be Miracle, just because its already cruising the Pacific. Legend is going to be all over the place! Caribbean, Europe, Australia. This makes Glory's running up and down the East Coast/Caribbean seem like nothing.

Wonder what boats are going to China. Carnival Corp already sends Princess ships, but I'm sure they're considering a "fun ship."

I assumed it was going to be Miracle, just because its already cruising the Pacific. Legend is going to be all over the place! Caribbean, Europe, Australia. This makes Glory's running up and down the East Coast/Caribbean seem like nothing.

Wonder what boats are going to China. Carnival Corp already sends Princess ships, but I'm sure they're considering a "fun ship."

Maybe the Legend will spend its summers in Asia and China?

Last week, while I was cruising on the Carnival Breeze, our waiter at dinner said that Carnival was definitely going to be sending a second ship to Australia. He said that there was no doubt in his mind, based on what he had been told.

Last week, while I was cruising on the Carnival Breeze, our waiter at dinner said that Carnival was definitely going to be sending a second ship to Australia. He said that there was no doubt in his mind, based on what he had been told.

I guess the waiters know more about ship deployment than we thought they did!

He knows. He is just unable to say. If he spills the news he would most likely get into trouble.

He speaks when told. He signs 6-8 month contracts just like every waiter, steward and officer. He is not corporate and has said he doesn't know the first thing about executive levels of business.

[quote name='kzkzoh']I agree with Sarge. Australia is still a relatively untested market for Carnival, making it a difficult decision for them to make.[/QUOTE]

How can you say that after all the info that was already posted about this today?:confused:

Bill

I hope they put a bit more effort in the aussie-fication then they did with the spirit. I hope we get a dry-dock in between Carnival Sunshine and Spirit, in terms of the amount done/spent on her.

If you go to the Sydney Ports Cruise ship page you will see that Carnival has made many booking in the coming years for berths in Sydney, one was TBA and the other was TBA2, so there may be another ship due to come Down Under in the near future. Maybe another Princess Ship or a new P & O.

The bookings for the berths have been in place for a while now.

[quote name='spencercoop']I guess the waiters know more about ship deployment than we thought they did![/QUOTE]

I would assume that waiters may know quite a bit about ship deployment as they would need to know where the ship is going to be for contracts. I'm sure the ones from Thailand/SE Asia are excited by this as it means that they'll be closer to family.

Carnival is going to send ships to where the money is, and right now, with all the bad press, that is not based in the US.

I never once thought that Carnival would send Miracle to Australia since they committed her to the Alaska cruises. I am somewhat surprised that they are sending another Spirit class ship. Whereas the Carnival fleet at one time had four Spirit class ships, it's now down to 2. Since the Legend will only be doing seasonal cruises out of Australia, I wonder where it will sail from the rest of the year. I think the smart money may be in Asia somewhere.

Archived