Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

ding dang dooley ??? Now, that's one expression I never heard of:cool:

I use it all the time. It has more gravitas than "oh" or even "drat". I hesitate to say it but I think it's original. If not I'm sure someone on this board will point out the origin. In the meantime feel free to spread it.

It reminds me of the Ging Gang Goolie song that we used to sing in the Girl Guides...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was never a Girl Guide or a Boy Scout. I was a cub scout dropout. A decision I regretted after attending numerous Eagle Scout ceremonies as an adult.

Hi all. Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread previously (haven't read through all 56 pages), but Princess has a Facebook page where you can connect with other passengers on your cruise. My friends and I booked directly through Princess, so I don't know if those who didn't book through Princess will be able to access the link that takes you to Facebook from the Princess site. For those who are interested, though, if you access the Princess website, then click on the "Cruise Personalizer" tab, you should see a list of drop downs. Click on "Booked Passengers", then scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you should see "Connect with passengers on your cruise." Click that link and it will take you to the Facebook page. I don't know, however, if you have to have a Facebook account already established in order to access the page. Happy cruising to all.

Hi all. Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread previously (haven't read through all 56 pages)' date=' but Princess has a Facebook page where you can connect with other passengers on your cruise. My friends and I booked directly through Princess, so I don't know if those who didn't book through Princess will be able to access the link that takes you to Facebook from the Princess site. For those who are interested, though, if you access the Princess website, then click on the "Cruise Personalizer" tab, you should see a list of drop downs. Click on "Booked Passengers", then scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you should see "Connect with passengers on your cruise." Click that link and it will take you to the Facebook page. I don't know, however, if you have to have a Facebook account already established in order to access the page. Happy cruising to all.[/quote']

I know this looks convenient but I would NEVER do it!

Facebook has my real name.

Signing on to a Roll Call on Facebook is like telling the world that you'll be out of your home on these specific dates so if someone would like to come rob you it'll be very easy.

That's the beauty and safety of CC where we all have "handles" and there is no connection to real names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by operabob1 viewpost.gif

Dib, dib, dob, dob!

I must admit to being mystified. Was that some code I missed because I dropped out too soon? :confused:

All I remember from Cub Scouts was being required to chant Dib, dib, dob, dob to Akela (the Wolf?????);)

I have a tendency to say _uck a duck. and it's said in a delightful manner not as a swear expression. I have noticed that expression from others and found out they went to school in the Miami/ North Miami Beach area also in the 50's and 60's....:p I even read it in a James Patterson novel once...was I suprised !!!

Signing on to a Roll Call on Facebook is like telling the world that you'll be out of your home on these specific dates so if someone would like to come rob you it'll be very easy.

That's the beauty and safety of CC where we all have "handles" and there is no connection to real names.

CC lookes for information like that and that is what they will erase. I once mentioned ( in the beginning) where we lived and the neighbors kidding us about our cruising...where we where going next etc...and that was delited with a warning message from CC not to tell any personal information like that. I think that is real wonderful about these threads :p

I wouldn't either. I did see this on the Princess site and wondered why they would have it with all the real names. Even if all the Princess 'other passengers' were fine and they probably are, what if the site is hacked!

CC lookes for information like that and that is what they will erase. I once mentioned ( in the beginning) where we lived and the neighbors kidding us about our cruising...where we where going next etc...and that was delited with a warning message from CC not to tell any personal information like that. I think that is real wonderful about these threads :p

Linda

Considering you're aware of all of the security warnings why is your last name in your signature???? :confused:

If you delete it now it will also delete from all of your older posts.

Linda

Considering you're aware of all of the security warnings why is your last name in your signature???? :confused:

If you delete it now it will also delete from all of your older posts.

OMG never thought of it. My computer son set up this page with the cruise ship sailing etc and I never gave it a thought LOL I wouldn't even know how to delite the lastname :confused:

Linda, look towards the top of the page for "User CP". Click on that and go down the left side of the page for "Edit Signature - No Advertising Allowed". That should be where your name is listed. Just edit it and save it. That should take your last name off your signature.

All I remember from Cub Scouts was being required to chant Dib, dib, dob, dob to Akela (the Wolf?????);)

Ah yes. Akela. I do remember that but not the Dib, Dab, Dob. I do however remember Rub a dub dub three men in a tub. :D Obviously your den leader was more fun than ours.

I wouldn't either. I did see this on the Princess site and wondered why they would have it with all the real names. Even if all the Princess 'other passengers' were fine and they probably are, what if the site is hacked!

Plus anyone can sign on to CC and look at threads and posts. I never put both names on the list. I also don't understand why someone would post on Facebook that they're having a grand time in Kuala Lumpur or wherever. Might as well just say: "Notice to burglars: I'm out of town and the key is under the doormat. My collection of gold coins is hidden under the bed." ;)

I used to teach cyber safety in schools so I'm probably more aware/paranoid than most.

Linda, look towards the top of the page for "User CP". Click on that and go down the left side of the page for "Edit Signature - No Advertising Allowed". That should be where your name is listed. Just edit it and save it. That should take your last name off your signature.

Oh Thank you:) I am so proud of myself LOL I was also trying to get a picture over of Richard and I but that wasn't working and I was afraid of losing the SHIP.....Thank you again...another "secret" told ????

Plus anyone can sign on to CC and look at threads and posts. I never put both names on the list. I also don't understand why someone would post on Facebook that they're having a grand time in Kuala Lumpur or wherever. Might as well just say: "Notice to burglars: I'm out of town and the key is under the doormat. My collection of gold coins is hidden under the bed." ;)

I used to teach cyber safety in schools so I'm probably more aware/paranoid than most.

I know. I just remember the CNN report on how someone had that they were going to a concert. While at the concert, their home was robbbed. Luckily they had a webcam or something that filmed inside the house. They posted on FB the intruder. It turned out to be a 'friend' an old schoolmate that I guess befriended the person and the person did not recognize they grown up person in their picture. Anyway case solved but it does prove FB is watched. I don't participate in FB or the like. Too much info, pictures . Just my thoughts but what I do.

I know. I just remember the CNN report on how someone had that they were going to a concert. While at the concert, their home was robbbed. Luckily they had a webcam or something that filmed inside the house. They posted on FB the intruder. It turned out to be a 'friend' an old schoolmate that I guess befriended the person and the person did not recognize they grown up person in their picture. Anyway case solved but it does prove FB is watched. I don't participate in FB or the like. Too much info, pictures . Just my thoughts but what I do.

I feel the same way & when people post photos from smart phones with the location option active others can find where we're located...whether we're at home or away on vacation. :eek:

I feel the same way & when people post photos from smart phones with the location option active others can find where we're located...whether we're at home or away on vacation. :eek:

I know. It's crazy to post. I honestly don't even think when the GPS is turned off and you 'take off' location it really goes away. I don't trust it. THe GPS is turned off on my friends phone and a child accidently called 911 and they knew exactly where the phone was (not that that is bad,however not truly off)

I know. It's crazy to post. I honestly don't even think when the GPS is turned off and you 'take off' location it really goes away. I don't trust it. THe GPS is turned off on my friends phone and a child accidently called 911 and they knew exactly where the phone was (not that that is bad,however not truly off)

From what I've read you can't turn off the emergency GPS on your phone it's like the wireless emergencies on your phone. You can turn off all of them except a the national emergency from the prez. I shudder to think what that would be but since I just watched the movie "Olympus Has Fallen" I can imagine.