Room Service

ravinblue

I read in another thread that one can order dinner from room service from the MDR menu. I just got off the Reflection Transatlantic 16 day cruise in Concierge class. When ordering room service, there seemed to be 2 options: 1) Call and tell them what you want from the printed menu in the "permanent" binder in the room or 2) order via the TV from the menu on-screen. Neither menu changed throughout the sailing and neither included exactly what was being served that evening in the MDR. Did I miss something? Do people actually go down to the MDR and select what they want from the menu posted outside the door, then go back to their room and call (kinda defeats the purpose of convenience for me)? Could I have asked my room steward to get me a menu?

We only did room service at dinner once (we got back from our day in Barcelona past our 6PM dinner time), and it was fine, but we may have done it other days if there was more variety to choose from.

Thanks,

Frank

Actually the service is available for both Lunch and Dinner. As the previous poster mentioned you can ask your room steward for the menu or you can ask room service for the menu. Also, if you check the menu outside the MDR and write down what you want, just order over the phone. The menu outside the MDR is usually posted pretty early in the day.

Actually the service is available for both Lunch and Dinner. As the previous poster mentioned you can ask your room steward for the menu or you can ask room service for the menu. Also, if you check the menu outside the MDR and write down what you want, just order over the phone. The menu outside the MDR is usually posted pretty early in the day.

Use your camera or smart phone to take a photo of the menu, and then you can peruse it at your leisure.:)

Can't see why Celebrity can't just post the MDR menus on the TV. It seems everything else is accessible on there.

Would be handy to look at while I'm getting dressed for dinner. Then i wouldn't keep my tablemates waiting with my indecisiveness.

Can't see why Celebrity can't just post the MDR menus on the TV. It seems everything else is accessible on there.

Would be handy to look at while I'm getting dressed for dinner. Then i wouldn't keep my tablemates waiting with my indecisiveness.

I agree, that would be a very nice thing! I wonder if they aren't doing it in fear that way more people would order room service from the MDR menu?

I also wish that they'd post the MDR dessert menu outside the MDR each day in addition to the "regular" menu. Sometimes knowing my dessert options will decide me on whether to eat in the MDR or not! Same with the lunch menu--wish they'd post it each day too! Preferably all on the TV! :)

Archived