MUTS Lover

BarbaraP

Not to take this thread further off topic, but I have had two friends turn up with melanoma due to sun exposure and if that skin cancer gets going in the wrong place, it can quickly spread to lymph nodes and the rest of the body - both of these friends eventually passed over from the cancer. It's a serious thing.

Had 2 friends who had melanoma metastasize into brain cancer resulting in their deaths in their 30s. :(

Well I admit that I do love MUTs, due to work and family life I hardly get to see any movies so it is part my escape from normal life!!

On the big ships there are places to go if you do not want to hear MUTs, I know on the last two cruises I have been on when I was able to relax in other areas of the ship and wasn't disturbed by sound bleed.

Princess please note that people do love MUTs as well!!! :D:D:D:D

Ear phones are a great idea - so are ear plugs! We use our ear plugs a lot - on planes, in theaters or concerts when the sound is too loud, at night to sleep. If you have problems with ship noises, get some, they're great.

Oh, and I'd love to see Ben Hur on the big screen :) Love to see Princess do a "classic movie" cruise -

At the end of last year on the Crown sometimes during the day they had a video of peaceful scenes in nature with lower volume tranquil music which I thought was a good daytime use of MUTS. :)

That's a like for me :D

I don't think the ear plug idea is a good one. If you want to use the feature of the ship you should be able to do so without disturbing people - it shouldn't be the other way around.

I'll chime in also, for what it is worth. I do not like MUTS at all during the day. I like to relax on deck with a book and maybe my IPod. But MUTS is so loud it just drowns out my music and I get so frustrated I can't even concentrate on the book. I know, that's a personal problem. IMHO I'd like to see MUTS used for what it was originally designed - Movies Under The Stars. And not movies under the sun.

You mean I can watch football on MUTS!?!?! I'm in! Hope my Ravens make it to the Super Bowl again!

As long as they get satellite reception it will be shown on MUTS & they have a buffet of game time snacks.

My husband and I love MUTS. Last cruise, we sat and watched a British concert whilst sitting under the deck above. It was pouring rain and we were nice and cosy under our blankets and happy as Larry (whoever he is) with our popcorn and our margaritas. I seem to remember it was later on in the afternoon which, I do agree, is a better time for this type of concert. It is one of the things that I prefer about Princess. Don`t know if any of the other cruise lines have MUTS. :D:D:D

First Princess cruise to New England we never stopped at MUTS day or night. We thought that it was too loud and obnoxious.

A couple of weeks ago we spent a few hours in the middle of the Caribbean Sea watching Les Miserables under a warm blanket with a glass of red wine...now that was cool. :)

Even the same person can have mixed reviews. :rolleyes:

I think ear phones would be nice. If you watch during the day there is so much noise by the pool you cant hear the movie. I loved watching Paul McCartney in live concert late one afternoon. I wish they would show better movies at night. Most of us love the movies at night. But the choices are better in the day. We sail in caribbean area. So yes the sun is very hot in the day.

I really try to avoid MUTS most of the time. There are precious few movies I'm interested in, and at home or on a ship, I am highly intolerant of background noise that I'm not actively listening to (the TV set left on with no one in the room is fingers on a chalkboard to me). But I do love watching NFL football and college bowl games on MUTS. The problem is that, during the day, whether I'm watching a game or holding down a chair for a later game, the screen is often nearly unviewable. Granted, it depends on the sun, but in bright sun, it's nearly impossible to watch anything.

I am on Ruby for the first time in August and was looking forward to Movies under the Stars or is it Movies under the Sky?

How can you see a screen in daylight? I am horrified at the thought of loud soundtracks blaring out throughout the day - the technology of supplying headphones should surely not be beyond Princess.

Well I admit that I do love MUTs, due to work and family life I hardly get to see any movies so it is part my escape from normal life!!

On the big ships there are places to go if you do not want to hear MUTs, I know on the last two cruises I have been on when I was able to relax in other areas of the ship and wasn't disturbed by sound bleed.

Princess please note that people do love MUTs as well!!! :D:D:D:D

Thank you Strummer for your thumbs up for MUTS:D.

Like you stated, we too, due to work, have little time to see movies. And, due to work, have little time to catch a few rays of sunshine which once or twice a year we finally get to enjoy.

First Princess cruise to New England we never stopped at MUTS day or night. We thought that it was too loud and obnoxious.

A couple of weeks ago we spent a few hours in the middle of the Caribbean Sea watching Les Miserables under a warm blanket with a glass of red wine...now that was cool. :)

Even the same person can have mixed reviews. :rolleyes:

You did bring up a good point about nightime MUTS....it can be a cozy "date night";););). Loved the warm popcorn they brought around and later the delicious chocolate chip cookies.

You did bring up a good point about nightime MUTS....it can be a cozy "date night";););). Loved the warm popcorn they brought around and later the delicious chocolate chip cookies.

MUTS (under the stars ;)) is like going to the drive-in with free food including pizza, burgers & ice cream in addition to the popcorn & cookies! :D

Ear phones are a great idea - so are ear plugs! We use our ear plugs a lot - on planes, in theaters or concerts when the sound is too loud, at night to sleep. If you have problems with ship noises, get some, they're great.

Oh, and I'd love to see Ben Hur on the big screen :) Love to see Princess do a "classic movie" cruise -

On our Panama Canal Cruise they showed some classic movies-Casablanca on Muts and "Meet me in St. Louis" in the Theater.

Turner Classic Movies does host a Classic Movie Cruise - on Disney. Here is the web page for the 2013 cruise:

http://www.tcmcruise.com

Loved MUTS on both our Med and Carribean cruises! Too cold in Alaska and we are a bit disappointed that we won't be able to enjoy it in Tahiti on the Pacific Princess, but no matter, the cruise will be amazing!

Anyway, yes, we love it! It's a nice way to enjoy a few hours by the pool on sea days and/or a few hours relaxing under the stars on a nice peaceful evening.

DH and I (first time Princess cruisers to Hawaii)enjoyed watching MUTS in the evening however the first time we had to leave because it was too windy and cold. We later wanted to watch an evening movie on MUTS and layered our clothing and with the blankets totally enjoyed ourselves. On the Golden I found that if you wanted there were plenty of places to go where MUTS wasn't an issue.

What do I think of MUTS? It is loud however it is needed with all the surounding noises of the splasing pool and people talking @ the bar. We enjoyed it.:)

Archived