Call from Royal RE Navigator Dry Dock

I was hoping to book Navigator for next May, while on our upcoming Oasis cruise. Maybe the LA will have more information about correct deckplans onboard???

If so, I'll come back and report.

Ann

Please do report back, Ann. I just spoke with Sadie at C&A desk. She said locations could change slightly ship-wide, but no location should be very far from the original cabin area. She also advised that cabin numbers definitely could change, but assured me that RCI would honor whatever catagory was originally booked. She said people will be notifed as changes are finalized. If booked thru' a TA, both TA and cruiser will be notified. She is under the impression that all inside cabins will be converted to "virtual balconies", tho' the original press release, I believe, said some cabins would be converted. Also, I just added my NOS May cruise to "My Cruises", and it is now showing on my reservations list.

Interesting. Nice they called. Now if they could just get the cruises back on My Cruises section I'd relax haha.

I'm wondering if someone is booked in an inside room that is now an inside virtual balcony room, do they stay in that room, or get moved to another inside room. I'd think moved to another inside room, but my TA mentioned about a "move over offer" so that's what's thrown me off.

I read/heard that all of the virtual balcony inside cabins will all be newly added cabins. But I really don't know for sure. Who knows what Royal Caribbean is planning...

I was told the cabin numbers would not change.....just the location of the cabin....a little forward or aft.....probably forward. He also told me he was recording the conversation....

I was told the cabin numbers would not change.....just the location of the cabin....a little forward or aft.....probably forward. He also told me he was recording the conversation....

Seems like if they move a cabin forward, then the number of that cabin will change to the number of the moved cabin. How can they move cabins and numbers not change? They will have to change numbers in some way, either on the ship or on reservations, to correspond with the cabins they are designated as moving. Right?

If they are adding cabins, it seems that they make more on having more smaller cabins and not more GS because they can put more people on board to buy more stuff. But that's jmho. We are in a Promenade on Navigator in February just after the dry dock. Am looking forward to seeing the changes. Good luck everyone on getting your cabins all squared away.

I just received a call this afternoon from RCCL. The caller states that our cabin number and deck would be unchanged but that the size of the cabins may be different. I'm assuming they won't be any larger:cool:. She sounded a little nervous. I wonder if the callers are catching grief from people?? As long as I have a balcony I don't care too much. I wouldn't think the cabins could be too much smaller than the inside cabins on Majesty!

Seems like if they move a cabin forward, then the number of that cabin will change to the number of the moved cabin.

Not necessarily. Remember the big stink when the Rhapsody moved cabin locations. Some people who had booked a corner aft suddenly did not have that anymore. They kept the same cabin number but not the same location.

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean about the Navigator changes. The lady I spoke with first at C&A had NO idea what I was talking about, so she transferred me to resolutions, where I proceeded to drive the guy crazy for about 20 minutes with my list of questions!:eek:

To make a long story short, we're just going to have to be patient, at least until the new deck plans come out. Yes, there is a possibility that some cabins could end up shifting slightly -- I was told more likely aft than forward -- but existing reservations are good for the type of cabin we have booked. I was especially concerned about the suites, because my GS is one that someone was called about, but there will not be a reduction in the number of suites, just possibly a shift in location.

The guy I spoke with didn't have a date when we can expect new deck plans, but said hopefully "soon!" They're getting a lot of phone calls!:rolleyes: Once the deck plans are released, everyone who is already booked should be part of a mass e-mail, and then they will start calling everyone who is affected by a change.

I also asked about the location of the DL and possible relocation of the CL...the most probable location for the Diamond Lounge is the same as on the Mariner, and there will be changes to the CL as well, but the agent said he hopes it will not end up in the Viking Crown. To me it sounded as if he thought moving it upstairs was unlikely, so maybe they're just renovating the existing one.

Finally, I can see my reservation again!:) If you can't see yours, go ahead and call. They are fixing those as people call and ask about their reservation!

The guy I spoke with didn't have a date when we can expect new deck plans, but said hopefully "soon!" They're getting a lot of phone calls!:rolleyes: Once the deck plans are released, everyone who is already booked should be part of a mass e-mail, and then they will start calling everyone who is affected by a change...

...Finally, I can see my reservation again!:) If you can't see yours, go ahead and call. They are fixing those as people call and ask about their reservation!

Thanks for the update!!!

You would think that since these major changes were probably decided a while back, they would have either had them ready to go at announcement time or just used a mass email to explain what was going on to those already booked! I somehow doubt we will get a mass email about any changes.

I don't think IT gets the blame for this mess (this time)... I believe it was poor planning/execution much higher up the food chain. :rolleyes:

We have 3 suites on deck 10 center hump and close by and when we called they check with a supervisor and no changes are being made to our rooms..

Hey Earl! They told me the same thing when I called and I also asked when one could expect to see their information in the My Cruises area again and the rep told me that it wouldn't be for at least 2 weeks and this is only an issue with Navigator sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just talked to Royal Caribbean again...this time they called me.:rolleyes: I was told that it will probably be MUCH later this year (late as in December! :()before the deck plans come out, but they are planning for some pretty major changes to Deck 10 and there will most likely be slight location changes to all the cabins (suites & non-suites) on that deck. I was told everything is still in the design phase right now, which is why there aren't any definite answers about location. The good news about that is that it also sounds like all the cabins on Deck 10 will be completely redone.

One possibility that was mentioned is that the new cabins would be added all the way forward, which would shift existing cabins back a bit. However, they are also considering lengthening the ship by chopping her in half and adding space that way!:eek:

It sounds like they want to add as many bells and whistles as possible.:)

I know I'll appreciate all the upgrades, but it's very hard for me to not know where my cabin will be...I'm obsessive about the details!:o

We have 3 suites on deck 10 center hump and close by and when we called they check with a supervisor and no changes are being made to our rooms..

I just talked to Royal Caribbean again...this time they called me.:rolleyes: I was told that it will probably be MUCH later this year (late as in December! :()before the deck plans come out, but they are planning for some pretty major changes to Deck 10 and there will most likely be slight location changes to all the cabins (suites & non-suites) on that deck. I was told everything is still in the design phase right now, which is why there aren't any definite answers about location. The good news about that is that it also sounds like all the cabins on Deck 10 will be completely redone.

One possibility that was mentioned is that the new cabins would be added all the way forward, which would shift existing cabins back a bit. However, they are also considering lengthening the ship by chopping her in half and adding space that way!:eek:

I know I'll appreciate all the upgrades, but it's very hard for me to not know where my cabin will be...I'm obsessive about the details!:o

Thanks for the update. Last rep I spoke with said there would be no changes to cabins on Deck 10 - go figure. Let the obsession continue...... :)

I just talked to Royal Caribbean again...this time they called me.:rolleyes: I was told that it will probably be MUCH later this year (late as in December! )before the deck plans come out, but they are planning for some pretty major changes to Deck 10 and there will most likely be slight location changes to all the cabins (suites & non-suites) on that deck. I was told everything is still in the design phase right now, which is why there aren't any definite answers about location. The good news about that is that it also sounds like all the cabins on Deck 10 will be completely redone.

I know I'll appreciate all the upgrades, but it's very hard for me to not know where my cabin will be...I'm obsessive about the details!

No way! :eek: That is a huge undertaking, not just a passing thought! I cannot believe that they are considering lengthening the Navigator! :eek:

I am just gobsmacked :eek:

Thanks for the update. Last rep I spoke with said there would be no changes to cabins on Deck 10 - go figure. Let the obsession continue...... :)

The one thing I really learned from my two conversations with RC today, is that they don't have a solid plan yet!:p I think people are going to continue to get different answers depending on:

1. Who answers the phone.
  2. Whether they ate their Wheaties that morning.
  3. Their mood at the time they are answering the questions.

No way! That is a huge undertaking, not just a passing thought! I cannot believe that they are considering lengthening the Navigator! :eek:

I am just gobsmacked :eek:

No kidding! I don't know if he was just chatting to try to "WOW" me (pun intended) with how nice the ship is going to be, or if they're seriously thinking about cutting that beauty in half.:mad: I'm not a big fan of stretched ships that don't add significant public space in the process. I will say that when they called me they were much more eager to talk about all the additions coming to Navigator...trying to divert my attention from Deck 10 perhaps?:rolleyes:

Only thing that really worries me is every time you call one seems to get a different answer. Guess we'll see if we're still neighbors.... Maybe they'll suprise us? Could this be the Quantum of the Seas!!!!

Earl

2 Things

1. I would have thought they would have been way past the design phase when they announced the plans for the Navigator.

2. Is it even possible to lengthen the ship in a one month drydock?

However, they are also considering lengthening the ship by chopping her in half and adding space that way!:eek:

2 Things

1. I would have thought they would have been way past the design phase when they announced the plans for the Navigator.

2. Is it even possible to lengthen the ship in a one month drydock?

So they are really turning Navigator into the fourth Freedom class ship they never built - minus cantilevered hot tubs. Possible, but not likely. I think they would have waited to announce any changes if they were that unsure of things.

I find it very unlikely that they are thinking of expanding the ship... And with all the changes that have already been announced I don't think there is any way those changes plus an expansion could be complete in a month.

This doesn't really make any sense. As for moving cabins fore or aft, they can't really do much with the Royal suite as it sits in the middle of the hump.

I guess they could be taking out some of the non-suites and adding more suites in their place, but that doesnt seem to require a full renumbering as suites already skip numbers between them.

I always choose my cabin based on the location as much as possible. I don't see why their reservation system couldnt just say that cabin 1234 is now cabin 1246 and keep you in your same location.

Royal really does have some of the worst IT systems out there

So they are really turning Navigator into the fourth Freedom class ship they never built - minus cantilevered hot tubs. Possible, but not likely. I think they would have waited to announce any changes if they were that unsure of things.

I find it very unlikely that they are thinking of expanding the ship... And with all the changes that have already been announced I don't think there is any way those changes plus an expansion could be complete in a month.

This doesn't really make any sense. As for moving cabins fore or aft, they can't really do much with the Royal suite as it sits in the middle of the hump.

I guess they could be taking out some of the non-suites and adding more suites in their place, but that doesnt seem to require a full renumbering as suites already skip numbers between them.

I always choose my cabin based on the location as much as possible. I don't see why their reservation system couldnt just say that cabin 1234 is now cabin 1246 and keep you in your same location.

Royal really does have some of the worst IT systems out there

I also really can't see them lengthening the ship, and I would imagine (hope) that any changes would preserve the location of the Royal Suite and the Owner's Suites on the hump, and work around them. Surely they wouldn't relocate those and assume the booked passengers would smile and say, "okey-dokey," would they?:confused:

I just can't shake the image I have of the RCCL brass sitting around a conference room table in Miami -- discussing what to do with the Navigator -- and deciding it would be a brilliant idea to sell a ship for 8 months without deck plans or the ability to book one of the new cabin types!:rolleyes: I understand that plans can (and probably will) have to be modified once the ship actually gets to dry dock and work begins, but for a "planner," this whole process is backwards!:eek: Not only does it bother me for RCCL to not be able to tell me where my cabin is located, but it would be so much easier to sell the ship if people knew what they were buying!

I know this is the first Voyager class ship to have the extensive revitalization and improvements, but they're far enough into the Royal Advantage program at this point that there should be a system and a way of communicating with booked passengers.

WOW! Just talked to a friend who was assigned to a ship that was supersized 180 feet. It took 10 months in dry dock. Now can we make some sence out of what's going on? Sounds like a bunch of speculation to us... Makes for good conversation! What it is is what it shall be! It's always good to dream.... We'll all find out when we enter our cabins.... Wonder if there will be a prize for the people who had it correct?

Earl & Kathy

I just can't shake the image I have of the RCCL brass sitting around a conference room table in Miami -- discussing what to do with the Navigator -- and deciding it would be a brilliant idea to sell a ship for 8 months without deck plans or the ability to book one of the new cabin types!:rolleyes: I understand that plans can (and probably will) have to be modified once the ship actually gets to dry dock and work begins, but for a "planner," this whole process is backwards!:eek: Not only does it bother me for RCCL to not be able to tell me where my cabin is located, but it would be so much easier to sell the ship if people knew what they were buying!

I think this has been poorly handled from upper management. They could have just just announced year round sailings from Galveston and said stay tuned for more announcements about major enhancements if they weren't ready or they hadn't decided what was being done.

This is why I think the announced changes will probably be the only changes (possible other minor changes), but there was no mention of more to come than what they announced. I would think they would have teased even BIGGER changes are coming.

I think the Enchantment stretching took almost 2 months to complete and the new section that was added took 7 months to build. Although there is still time to construct a new section... I don't see any way they could stretch Navigator in a month and perform sea trials etc.

I'm still holding out hope that in a couple of weeks everything will work out... and all of this frustration will just be a memory.

Mariner still has no deck plans at all to see. I do realize that she is still being modified for China, but you think since much of the changeover is already done, they would have deckplans to show.

Could this happen to us??

Earl

As you know, Royal Caribbean is in the process of doing a "revitalization" of their fleet. And our "Big Easy Cruise" ship, the Navigator of the Seas is scheduled for January. This sounded like a good thing, until I heard about how, the "revitalization" of the Rhapsody, resulted in a "bait and switch" for some of those already booked in aft facing cabins on the Rhapsody, for dates after the revitalization..

For those that don't already know, RCI added a few new cabins, (mid ship) then re-numbered the existing cabins on that deck, so all numbers would stay in order. This resulted in cabin numbers that used to be "aft facing" were now on side facing cabins, and the afts given new numbers...Here's the bad part: RCI then resold the newly numbered aft facing cabins to other people. And, near as I can tell, didn't even tell the former "owners" of those afts. And when, and if, they do find out and complain, are merely being offered a measley $200 cabin credit. If they complain enough, then RCI has offered it to the newly booking passengers if they'll switch cabins, but who mostly just say "no thanks."

I find this appalling, and a little hard to believe, but seems to be true.

So what are the chances of this happening to us on the Big Easy Cruise? Cruise Addicts do seem to be highly represented on the aft on our sailing. So if they do this on the Navigator, is will surely affect some of our group.

Does anyone know if they plan to add any cabins to the Navigator? (I'm hoping not, because it is a different class of ship. ) If this happened to me I would be royally pissed off.

Last edited by Gayle V; 04-18-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Read more at http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/f4/question-about-royal-caribbeans-plans-revitalization-navigator-188333/#W03jkOSTbl5fIjQY.99

Could this happen to us??

Earl

As you know, Royal Caribbean is in the process of doing a "revitalization" of their fleet. And our "Big Easy Cruise" ship, the Navigator of the Seas is scheduled for January. This sounded like a good thing, until I heard about how, the "revitalization" of the Rhapsody, resulted in a "bait and switch" for some of those already booked in aft facing cabins on the Rhapsody, for dates after the revitalization..

For those that don't already know, RCI added a few new cabins, (mid ship) then re-numbered the existing cabins on that deck, so all numbers would stay in order. This resulted in cabin numbers that used to be "aft facing" were now on side facing cabins, and the afts given new numbers...Here's the bad part: RCI then resold the newly numbered aft facing cabins to other people. And, near as I can tell, didn't even tell the former "owners" of those afts. And when, and if, they do find out and complain, are merely being offered a measley $200 cabin credit. If they complain enough, then RCI has offered it to the newly booking passengers if they'll switch cabins, but who mostly just say "no thanks."

I find this appalling, and a little hard to believe, but seems to be true.

So what are the chances of this happening to us on the Big Easy Cruise? Cruise Addicts do seem to be highly represented on the aft on our sailing. So if they do this on the Navigator, is will surely affect some of our group.

Does anyone know if they plan to add any cabins to the Navigator? (I'm hoping not, because it is a different class of ship. ) If this happened to me I would be royally pissed off.

Last edited by Gayle V; 04-18-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Read more at http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/f4/question-about-royal-caribbeans-plans-revitalization-navigator-188333/#W03jkOSTbl5fIjQY.99

I doubt Royal would make that mistake again. After the Rhapsody debacle, they stopped renumbering existing staterooms. Whenever they added staterooms to the other ships, the newly added staterooms were given odd numbers, so as not to interfere with the existing sequence of even numbered balconies.

Archived