Two people missing from Carnival Cruise ship as it docks in Sydney

I think feelings of the family are irrelivent. There is a much more important bigger picture and that is the safety and security and peace of mind of all passengers which is greater than the death of these two people.

As it has been stated contonuously people just do not fall off cruise ships. As the Carnival directors kept saying that their guard rails are above regulation height.

Falling off a ship can create fear in other people as to how it happened and what went wrong. If it is proved that the couple went missing due to their own stupidity, negligence and total lack of care then the cruise line has every right to make the matter public no matter who gets hurt.

These people died because an "idiot" decided to climb the guard rails of a ship at sea and an "even greater idiot" decided to jump in after she fell. The incident is not a reflection of bad ship design, foul play or negligence on the cruise line. The cruise line drummed the message into them at the passengers safety drill on day one. These passengers went missing becuase they were irresponsible and stupid.

If you think of the grieving family, how about a thought for tax payers and enourmous cost of the rescue operation looking for these stupid fools. How do you think all these people feel doing the search and who is going to foot the bill for the massive search operation due to their stupidity.

As I said it is no different to people falling of high rise buildings due to the planking craze. The message needs to get out as a matter of public safety that if you fool around and risk your life you will die.

Wow Sutho, insensitivity much:eek:

But only someone totally lacking in class or sensibility about the feelings of the grieving families would do that? Or maybe someone who doesn't give a fig about how rude or insensitive their comments are...we know all we need to know or probably will ever know about this sad situation.

Sue

Totally agree Sue. My thoughts are for the family and all this finger-pointing & speculation would be so painful for them in this sad & difficult time.

I just sat here and read this whole saga.

I have put my thoughts out there on facebook assuming some have you have seen it as i have a few of you as friends.

But to summarise my views.

• You cant fall over the side of the ship without doing something stupid.
  • the security would of been very busy with all the last night partying and had there attention to that.
  • montering the ships side would be a very hard job seeing someone fall overboard would be atleast a black blob for about 1.5sec

I do feel sorry for the family and friends of the people who jumped.

I saw someone on this thread say dont stand on rails etc or you will die.

I think this is a fantastic idea maybe the people who "fell overboard" i use that loosely would not of been on the otherside of the rail

I also know it may seem morbid of me But I have said this with every major event eg steve irwins death etc

I need to see the footage before I can cast a real judgment of what happen.

Has this turned me off crusing? No

I also had friends ask me how can u fall off a ship i pretty much said you cant.....

and then they asked do you think they will find them this was in the afternoon I said no and if they did they would of been dead.

Sorry this is going to prob be one of my lasts posts on this because I am moving on

Archived