Celebrity Cruise Tours for Alaska

Bell Ringer

For some unknown reason, Celebrity lists it's Pre Cruise Tours for Alaska by the date that the cruise starts. We have to count backwards for the date the land tour starts. Royal Caribbean lists the exact date the cruise tour starts and is much easier to read. I chose dates to compare, and learned from my TA that Celebrity's tour would begin too early in June for our plans. Now, I am back to "square 1" after a lot of studying and am pretty frustrated.

It's just no longer easy to make plans for a trip of a lifetime. ( Yes, I am an OVER PLANNER.):(

Have u visited the ALASKA forum here on CC? That how we arranged all our excursions when we did Alaska in 2009! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Was great being on a smaller bus/van than one of those huge buses! Much more personalized tours, and not waiting for others,lol And probably cheaper than what Celebrity charges.

I second flames's post - visit the Alaska Port of Call board. I was thinking of a cruisetour, but opted instead to do a DIY tour. I got a lot of great advice and ideas on that board. My trip was 2 years in the planning.

I won't lie and say it's easy. There were so many things I wanted to do early on, but since Alaska is so HUGE, we would have been exhausted by the time we actually boarded the ship. Something had to give, so we narrowed it down and now I think we've got a plan that is pretty balanced between rest time & play time. Once you narrow down what you truly want to do, the rest is pretty easy to plan - except for deciding which tour operator to book!:)

I've already started mapping out what & where we're going to do next time we head to Alaska. Don't know when that will be, but at least I have some ideas!

I don't think I want to do independently for a group of anywhere 12-20 other friends, so have to deal with a pre cruise tour ....my complaint is that Celebrity website gives the date of the cruise, not the date of the start of the land tour. That is what made it so hard comparing Celebrity and Royal Caribbean tours.

I don't think I want to do independently for a group of anywhere 12-20 other friends, so have to deal with a pre cruise tour ....my complaint is that Celebrity website gives the date of the cruise, not the date of the start of the land tour. That is what made it so hard comparing Celebrity and Royal Caribbean tours.

Thast cool--but u could set the tours up with just ur group! But I understand if u dont. best of luck

If you select the tour you want and the date of the sailing then click on book now the date of the land portion is shown on the next screen on the right. If, like me, you are date challenged this does help.

Mary Lou

Archived