Call from NCL, Was it the Upgrade Fairy?

I just got a call from NCL. Was it the Upgrade Fairy? No, it was her evil sister the Downgrade Fairy.

Because of a "computer glitch" I got moved from the room that I picked, MA mini suite, to a room in a lower category MB mini suite, in a less desirable location. :mad:

After a lot of talking and complaining, I was told there was nothing she could do, but they would give me $100 OBC.

Since I had no option, other than cancelling, I accepted the offer.

To say I am unhappy with NCL is an understatement! 10 days away, and now you realize there is a problem?

Oh Well, I guess a bad cabin location is better than no cabin.:(

I just got a call from NCL. Was it the Upgrade Fairy? No, it was her evil sister the Downgrade Fairy.

Because of a "computer glitch" I got moved from the room that I picked, MA mini suite, to a room in a lower category MB mini suite, in a less desirable location. :mad:

After a lot of talking and complaining, I was told there was nothing she could do, but they would give me $100 OBC.

Since I had no option, other than cancelling, I accepted the offer.

To say I am unhappy with NCL is an understatement! 10 days away, and now you realize there is a problem?

Oh Well, I guess a bad cabin location is better than no cabin.:(

Did you book through CAS and was it a comped room or did you book and actually pay for the room?

I know when I book through CAS it is a free cabin except for port charges and tax. I'm thinking that although they let me know what category cabin they will 'give' me that they can change that at any time since they're paying for it. Again, that's just what I think.

Did you have to pay for the cabin in addition to the port charges and tax or was this a comped room for you by CAS

Maybe some mechanical issues?

If something is not working right and they moved you - then GREAT.

But, getting another mini and $100 is not so bad either.

You are right, just a less desirable location.

Oh Well, time to focus on the positive. I am still going on the Breakaway in a few days.:)

Only $100? Is that even the difference in price between the two categories (I assume you didn't get $100 per person...)

To let you book a room, think you have it until 10 days before your cruise, and then move you? They should do a lot better than that.

You are right, just a less desirable location.

Oh Well, time to focus on the positive. I am still going on the Breakaway in a few days.:)

OP - Sorry that has to be frusterating. :( I am glad you are focusing that you are about to embark on the newest and best of the fleet in only a few days. That is very exciting. Have a great cruise! :)

Yes, I am sorry to hear this too. I would think that if you picked your room and they had to make changes they would have given you an upgrade. I am wishing that they give me an upgrade. Although, I am not selling on the breakaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...
Did you book through CAS and was it a comped room or did you book and actually pay for the room?

I know when I book through CAS it is a free cabin except for port charges and tax. I'm thinking that although they let me know what category cabin they will 'give' me that they can change that at any time since they're paying for it. Again, that's just what I think.

Did you have to pay for the cabin in addition to the port charges and tax or was this a comped room for you by CAS

Searching for upgrade info came across this, and I'm wondering, what is CAS? thanks.

Archived