Roll Call Spreadsheet Program (Web-Based)

Thanks for the help! I just got started. I have a funny feeling this may be one of the epic ones!

I suggest you set it up so only you can edit the data and give members of the Roll Call the link to it.

We had a HUGE roll call group for a TA on the Ruby last year, and one of the cruisers who is very computer saavy used Dropbox. There were multiple pages for all sort of things .... roll call membership, private excursions and space availability, port information, special group events onboard, etc, etc. It was an awesome way to keep everyone informed as we made our plans for every part of the cruise. The person who put it together was the only person who could add or change informtaion, and she updated it every weekend, and kept the link as part of her CC signature so we could always find the link when we needed to access it for whatever purpose.

I'm using editgrid for our roll call, very easy works just like excel

http://www.editgrid.com/

I would stick with "google", we used edit grid for a while but on our last cruise the link would often be DOA and it was frustrating to our group to not be able to use it on-demand...we switched over to "google" and have used it since. As noted by one of our Roll Call members, edit grid has not had any updates since 2009...

We had a HUGE roll call group for a TA on the Ruby last year, and one of the cruisers who is very computer saavy used Dropbox. There were multiple pages for all sort of things .... roll call membership, private excursions and space availability, port information, special group events onboard, etc, etc. It was an awesome way to keep everyone informed as we made our plans for every part of the cruise. The person who put it together was the only person who could add or change informtaion, and she updated it every weekend, and kept the link as part of her CC signature so we could always find the link when we needed to access it for whatever purpose.

I maintained the roll call spreadsheets for the 49 day South American cruise on the Grand a few months ago. We had almost 500 people on the roll call. I limited update capability to myself and one other roll call member as a backup. I would also recommend not making the link available to everyone reading the roll call thread. We had information that members preferred to keep private such as email address and last names. I provided the link only to those roll call members who emailed me asking for it and who provide at least their 1st names and CC Name. I too used "Google Drive”.

I maintained the roll call spreadsheets for the 49 day South American cruise on the Grand a few months ago. We had almost 500 people on the roll call. I limited update capability to myself and one other roll call member as a backup. I would also recommend not making the link available to everyone reading the roll call thread. We had information that members preferred to keep private such as email address and last names. I provided the link only to those roll call members who emailed me asking for it and who provide at least their 1st names and CC Name. I too used "Google Drive”.

Wayne is too modest to say that he did a fabulous job on the Roll Call. In addition to 500 or so people, there were 100 or so private tours he kept track of along with a variety of interests.

Paul, I had no idea what I was getting into when I volunteered to handle our LOS TA.:) I lived in front of my computer from 7 AM to bedtime practically as they were coming in so fast you barely had time to get a lunch break. To make matters worse during the first 3 months, many were switching rooms on me, so suddenly we had two couples in the same room because one forgot to tell me they moved.:D. Of 500 I was able to track down all but 10 to verify they were still on board. I told myself I would let someone else handle the next one, however, here I am with 2 more, the largest being 80 members. I guess I enjoy doing it.:)

Oh I also kept a Deck List as that was easier to Post then 500 plus that was kept on the Web Site, where I had everyone entered by their Cabin or Deck #'s. I enjoy doing it really as it helps pass the time.

Gay

Archived