How many FTTF cabins actually available

Just curious about FTTF. DW and I are Platinum and cruising on Fascination in 3 weeks. Just checked on FTTF, and site says "only 19 available." Have read on many threads that CCL offers in 15 increments, with a maximum of 30 cabins. I would assume this depends on the number of Platinum/Diamond passengers available.

If 19 still available, either it is selling very slow, or CCL has placed more in the pool. I also checked and there are a lot of cabins still available, so it seems this is a slow time for CCL.

Any thoughts from those in the know?

Unless they changed it, it sounds like they sold eleven FTTF then opened up the rest for purchase. I'm guessing it's just a slow time or maybe a lot of new cruisers who aren't aware that FTTF even exists.

Unless they changed it, it sounds like they sold eleven FTTF then opened up the rest for purchase. I'm guessing it's just a slow time or maybe a lot of new cruisers who aren't aware that FTTF even exists.

I'm thinking maybe a lot of newbies on this cruise, and when looking at excursions, they don't know what FTTF is. We are the only Platinum cruisers on our roll call, and no one has mentioned purchasing FTTF.

Just curious about FTTF. DW and I are Platinum and cruising on Fascination in 3 weeks. Just checked on FTTF, and site says "only 19 available." Have read on many threads that CCL offers in 15 increments, with a maximum of 30 cabins. I would assume this depends on the number of Platinum/Diamond passengers available.

If 19 still available, either it is selling very slow, or CCL has placed more in the pool. I also checked and there are a lot of cabins still available, so it seems this is a slow time for CCL.

I think their adding more to the pool and then some. Regardless of what you read here or else where. There in it to increase revenue .

I think Carnival is desperate to raise revenue with bookings down this year after the bad PR. I cruised Imagination 3 weeks ago, and there were at least 100 people waiting for early debarkation, so it seemed to me like they were selling FTTF to anyone who would purchase it. It felt like cattle being herded down 3 floors with suitcases. Worst "priority" debarkation I've experienced. I was very disappointed in the "Platinum" benefits on that cruise--no Platinum gift, no free drink coupon, very crowded early embarkation and debarkation, no petit fours delivered to cabin, etc. I even had to ask for a bar of soap for my cabin. Yikes! The penny pinching is getting ridiculous. That was my 20th Carnival cruise, and I was anticipating something in recognition of that. Even a letter in my cabin thanking me for my business would have been nice. But got nothing. I have one more booking with Carnival later this year, but after that, I'm seriously thinking about "jumping ship" with Carnival and finding another brand better suited to me.

How can you see how many are available? I'm just curious, I booked in for my Cruise in September....but I can't decide if it's really worth it...as we are usually on the boat by 1130 anyway, but we shall see I guess

How can you see how many are available? I'm just curious, I booked in for my Cruise in September....but I can't decide if it's really worth it...as we are usually on the boat by 1130 anyway, but we shall see I guess

you will never see ALL availabilty. checking by making a ghost booking will show you how its selling. seeing only 7-9 there is a lot left.. seeing less then 5 cabins in any category means the sailing is almost selling out.

With a sailing in Sept you are still a bit from final payment-- many agents are still holding space. which will be thrown back in after final payment.

I also checked the OP sailing. the only thing left is the lowest category-- which they will sell for very cheap

I checked under manage My Cruise. Went to Excursions, and under FTTF, stated "only 19 left."

I think Carnival is desperate to raise revenue with bookings down this year after the bad PR. I cruised Imagination 3 weeks ago, and there were at least 100 people waiting for early debarkation, so it seemed to me like they were selling FTTF to anyone who would purchase it. It felt like cattle being herded down 3 floors with suitcases. Worst "priority" debarkation I've experienced. I was very disappointed in the "Platinum" benefits on that cruise--no Platinum gift, no free drink coupon, very crowded early embarkation and debarkation, no petit fours delivered to cabin, etc. I even had to ask for a bar of soap for my cabin. Yikes! The penny pinching is getting ridiculous. That was my 20th Carnival cruise, and I was anticipating something in recognition of that. Even a letter in my cabin thanking me for my business would have been nice. But got nothing. I have one more booking with Carnival later this year, but after that, I'm seriously thinking about "jumping ship" with Carnival and finding another brand better suited to me.

Remember Platinum, Diamond, FTTF and Suite pax get priority debarkation. 100 sounds about right.

We purchased it for our Fantasy cruise 6/9/13. When we purchased last week there were 12 left. Checked today and there are 7 left. My main reason for doing it is to drop off our carry on bags and get our bags early. I've waited till 10pm to get my luggage in the past! Have stayed in suites and not had to wait, but, did not think this cruise was worth the purchase price of a suite. It is worth $49.95 for the early on, early room, and early luggage! :p

i dont see on mine where it says how many are left. its available for purchace but i still dont see where it says how many are left:confused:

Click the Add to Cart button next to it. It won't charge you for anything as you have to click through another screen but will list how many are left.

It is sold out on Liberty 6/8 cruise. It was available a few weeks ago and I procrastinated. :confused: But by the time I decided it might be a good idea...all sold out! I am checking every day..."just in case". I guess it just varies by ship whether there is a lot of interest or none or lots of platinum cruisers or few. I dunno...just wish I had punched purchase when I could have. :rolleyes:

Just curious about FTTF. DW and I are Platinum and cruising on Fascination in 3 weeks. Just checked on FTTF, and site says "only 19 available."

We are on the cruise just before you, getting off June 1st and I just posted on the roll call about FTTF... ours is still available with a basically sold out ship. Being Plat. I wanted the roll call to know about it as some are first timers. I guess not many P/D on the cruise, wonder what the past guest "party" will be like?

We are on the cruise just before you, getting off June 1st and I just posted on the roll call about FTTF... ours is still available with a basically sold out ship. Being Plat. I wanted the roll call to know about it as some are first timers. I guess not many P/D on the cruise, wonder what the past guest "party" will be like?

I also posted about availability of FTTF on our roll call. Seems many new to cruising or new to CCL on our roll call. Possible that people don't know about the program.

and there were at least 100 people waiting for early debarkation,

anyone can get off the ship with self debarkation. You are supposed to wait until its called in order to do it. Sounds like those people were not doing what they are supposed to be doing. You hear many many announcements NOT to wait in the halls or the stair ways.

Only 30 cabins total on any sailing are able to purchase the FTTF.

If you are seeing 19 FTTF they already sold 11 cabins only. So they are offering it all at once.

anyone can get off the ship with self debarkation. You are supposed to wait until its called in order to do it. Sounds like those people were not doing what they are supposed to be doing. You hear many many announcements NOT to wait in the halls or the stair ways.

Only 30 cabins total on any sailing are able to purchase the FTTF.

If you are seeing 19 FTTF they already sold 11 cabins only. So they are offering it all at once.

Thanks, that was my original question, and was never meant to be a complaint. Just curious as to how many FTTF available. Just glad it is available on our sailing, as DW and I can get to our room early as Platinum. This is a perk that has never been "official" prior to FTTF.

It pays to be OCD about checking Carnival Website. I snagged FTTF today!:D

Yesterday there was no availability...today when I looked it showed 2 spots. I guess there is a continual update on this. This is for 6/8 Liberty sailing.

I am excited! It will be cool to go straight to the room upon boarding, drop off our stuff before we head out for the first DOD! :)

It pays to be OCD about checking Carnival Website.

Yes, I think OCD will will always come out ahead on the Carnival website. Things pop up and go away pretty fast. You have to be alert and decisive!

The lowest price for my next cruise on Liberty was $638 (inside, solo). I wasn't ready to book until about three days later, but it had jumped almost $200. Fortunately, ES price drops have knocked it down $150.

As far as FTTF, I don't think most Carnival cruisers have a clue that it exists, and unless someone is a fanatic or OCD, it is really easy to miss lots of details when booking and planning a cruise.

Look at the posts and reviews here about people who are surprised to learn things that most of us take for granted. ("Nobody told me that they automatically charge tips on your card. This is an outrage!")

Some comments make you wonder if they spent more than 5 minutes looking at the Carnival site before jumping into purchasing a cruise -- only to be shocked at what they failed to see. ADHD, in that case!

Thanks, that was my original question, and was never meant to be a complaint. Just curious as to how many FTTF available. Just glad it is available on our sailing, as DW and I can get to our room early as Platinum. This is a perk that has never been "official" prior to FTTF.

Enjoy your new official perk Georgiagolfer!!

Archived