Mariner Society Onboard Spending Bonus

tacrum43

We spent $404.00 on board and received 2 days credit. I had also prepaid a pinnacle grill reservation for 4, so that's another $100, but I still don't know how we got 2 days. Not complaining, but puzzled.

Pinnacle costs $25 pp unless you are three or four star Mariner.

Assuming you are not, you paid $100 for Pinnacle (Paid in advance of boarding the ship but added into your spending for the cruise). Add that to the $404 you spent on board and you get $504. It should have been $600 to get two extra days for spending but someone was kind to you and awarded you the extra day though you were technically $96 short.

UNLESS, did you have any OBC? If you had any, your spending would include the value of that. Your total spending should be added and then the OBC deducted. The balance you actually charge to your credit card is then less than the full amount you actually spent.

ie $100 Pinnacle + $404 balance on your shipboard bill + (for example) $75 OBC you may have had = $579 which is close enough they usually will award the extra day.

Did you receive any gifts?

Did someone send you a bottle of wine?

Did someone sent you balloons?

The value of any gifts you may receive is added to your spending amount.

Have a two questions about the Medallion program..

As of today we have a total of 289 actual sea/HAL Tour days...

We also have 37 spending days for a total of 326 days which makes us 4 star Mariner's.. HAL indicates we have 174 days to become 5 star..I completely understand the Star program..

We & our Good Friends just booked a 21 day Collectors Cruise for Nov. this year..When we disembark it will total 310 days toward our Silver medals..

Wonder if we will receive our Silver medals on this Nov cruise, or must we wait until we take another cruise after that? I think it would be fun if we got them on the Nov. cruise, as this could very well be our last cruise together due to DH's illness..

When we finally receive our Silver Medals, do we return our Copper Medals to HAL or can we give them to our Grand Children ?

It's confusing being in two programs at the same time..:confused:

Thanks...:)Betty

We never had medallions and had somewhat lost track of whether they gave them, having our eye on the prize of free laundry service. Therefore, we were actually surprised to receive a copper medallion at the reception on our TA last fall. By my calculations, we had 90 actual days prior to the cruise, and 105 days when we disembarked.

Also, I did not see it posted here, but want to clarify on the bonus days for having a suite. To get the extra days, you must have originally booked a suite. So if you have a balcony, and are upgraded or take an upsell offer for a suite you will not get the additional days.

We spent $404.00 on board and received 2 days credit. I had also prepaid a pinnacle grill reservation for 4, so that's another $100, but I still don't know how we got 2 days. Not complaining, but puzzled.
They are very generous on "rounding up" the amount spent. I can only account for $989 in spending on our cruise considering everything possible, and we were given 4 bonus days.

Wonder if we will receive our Silver medals on this Nov cruise, or must we wait until we take another cruise after that?

You should get them on that cruise. You might want to "remind" the front desk of that when you board.
When we finally receive our Silver Medals, do we return our Copper Medals to HAL ...

You keep them.

Pinnacle costs $25 pp unless you are three or four star Mariner.

Assuming you are not, you paid $100 for Pinnacle (Paid in advance of boarding the ship but added into your spending for the cruise). Add that to the $404 you spent on board and you get $504. It should have been $600 to get two extra days for spending but someone was kind to you and awarded you the extra day though you were technically $96 short.

UNLESS, did you have any OBC? If you had any, your spending would include the value of that. Your total spending should be added and then the OBC deducted. The balance you actually charge to your credit card is then less than the full amount you actually spent.

ie $100 Pinnacle + $404 balance on your shipboard bill + (for example) $75 OBC you may have had = $579 which is close enough they usually will award the extra day.

Did you receive any gifts?

Did someone send you a bottle of wine?

Did someone sent you balloons?

The value of any gifts you may receive is added to your spending amount.

I did not have an OBC, and no gifts were given to us. I think, as Jtl513 says they do a generous round up

Have a two questions about the Medallion program..

As of today we have a total of 289 actual sea/HAL Tour days...

We also have 37 spending days for a total of 326 days which makes us 4 star Mariner's.. HAL indicates we have 174 days to become 5 star..I completely understand the Star program..

We & our Good Friends just booked a 21 day Collectors Cruise for Nov. this year..When we disembark it will total 310 days toward our Silver medals..

Wonder if we will receive our Silver medals on this Nov cruise, or must we wait until we take another cruise after that? I think it would be fun if we got them on the Nov. cruise, as this could very well be our last cruise together due to DH's illness..

When we finally receive our Silver Medals, do we return our Copper Medals to HAL or can we give them to our Grand Children ?

It's confusing being in two programs at the same time..:confused:

Thanks...:)Betty

You should receive your 300 (real) Day Silver Medallion on the cruise during which you reach the new level. You should verify with the Front Office early in your cruise to be sure they have no mistakes. That gives them time to straighten it out with Seattle Office, if necessary.

The Star Mariner Program new level benefits usually take effect on the cruise following the one on which you reached the new level.

The concurrently running Medallion Program awards new levels on the cruise during which you reach the new level.

Congratulations in advance. That's a lot of days, Betty. :)

Sorry.

I meant to add you keep all previous Medallions earned and presented to you. They are yours to do with as you wish.

It's fun to arrive at the pre-Brunch reception wearing a Medallion and leave the party wearing a higher level Medallion.

Captain and Hotel Manager will pose for photos with you after they present your Medallions.

New awardees often wear them into the MDR when they go from the pre-reception to the Brunch. :)

We wear our Medallions at the Mariner reception and brunch.

I did not have an OBC, and no gifts were given to us. I think, as Jtl513 says they do a generous round up

That was a generous round up. :)

Hope the comments I made were helpful to someone.

Perhaps some here were not aware of those 'conditions'. :o

... but related to on-board spending: on the Prinsendam we had to ask for our 25% 3-star discount for the PG that we pre-booked. It was not applied automatically. But then they also gave us a $12.50 credit for a second PG dinner that was a gift from our TA, so it was like a 50% discount on the one we paid for! :)

That was a generous round up. :)

Hope the comments I made were helpful to someone.

Perhaps some here were not aware of those 'conditions'. :o

Your comments and the thought put into it were helpful as always:) I only wish we had had balloons, wine and gifts, but sadly our cabin was lacking;)

Your comments and the thought put into it were helpful as always:) I only wish we had had balloons, wine and gifts, but sadly our cabin was lacking;)

:) Sorry no wine or balloons but hope you had a good cruise. :)

They are very generous on "rounding up" the amount spent. I can only account for $989 in spending on our cruise considering everything possible, and we were given 4 bonus days.

Originally Posted by serendipity1499 viewpost.gif

Wonder if we will receive our Silver medals on this Nov cruise, or must we wait until we take another cruise after that?

You should get them on that cruise. You might want to "remind" the front desk of that when you board.

You keep them.

You keep them.

Thanks John..Guess our Grand kids (whoops one will go to a great grand child) be will have some fun with our Medals...I'll be sure to remind the Front Desk when we board..

Cheers...Betty

You should receive your 300 (real) Day Silver Medallion on the cruise during which you reach the new level. You should verify with the Front Office early in your cruise to be sure they have no mistakes. That gives them time to straighten it out with Seattle Office, if necessary.

The Star Mariner Program new level benefits usually take effect on the cruise following the one on which you reached the new level.

The concurrently running Medallion Program awards new levels on the cruise during which you reach the new level.

Congratulations in advance. That's a lot of days, Betty. :)

Thanks Judy..Never thought we would reach this level..It will be fun for DH to receive the silver medal..I'll be sure to remind the front desk when we board..

Sorry.

I meant to add you keep all previous Medallions earned and presented to you. They are yours to do with as you wish.

It's fun to arrive at the pre-Brunch reception wearing a Medallion and leave the party wearing a higher level Medallion.

Captain and Hotel Manager will pose for photos with you after they present your Medallions.

New awardees often wear them into the MDR when they go from the pre-reception to the Brunch. :)

We wear our Medallions at the Mariner reception and brunch.

Yes remember that when we received our copper medals..Happoy that the Children will also have some fun with our copper medals..

thanks again..

Cheers..Betty

Archived