Mariner Society Onboard Spending Bonus

tacrum43

AHOY SHIPMATES

Presidents Club has been raised to 1400 days and is not automatic.

one must be invited to join. The criteria for this "honor" not written nor discussed I have a feeling it's to keep the rif-raf like me out.

I don't think those terms are new.

We have heard that criteria in the past.

AHOY SHIPMATES

Days are awarded to primary name on the credit card used for that cruise.

Gary

DH and I have sailed every cruise together. We always put all our charges on his credit card and we have the exact number of days.

The days get credited to both of us in exactly the same number.

Too bad they limit it to the number of days of the cruise. We got 21 days for a 7 day cruise in a Neptune.

If they allowed all of the on board and pre-spend we would have probably gotten 30 days :)

How did you get 21 days credit for a 7 day cruise?

On our last cruise of 20 days we got 40 days credit just for our penthouse. We got another 5 days credit for all our on board spending.

We did not book any ship tours.

I can not figure out he you got 21 day points for staying in a Neptune Suite for 7 days.

Something is wrong here.

Too bad they limit it to the number of days of the cruise. We got 21 days for a 7 day cruise in a Neptune.

If they allowed all of the on board and pre-spend we would have probably gotten 30 days :)

So you got double days for being in a Neptune suite = 14 days. I guess you can only get an additional 7 days for your spending, not another 14? It would have been good if you could have got 14! Boo! Our next is in a Neptune suite, and I was hoping to be able to spend lots and get the credit. :) Ann

On our last cruise of 20 days we got 40 days credit just for our penthouse. We got another 5 days credit for all our on board spending.

I can not figure out he you got 21 day points for staying in a Neptune Suite for 7 days.

Something is wrong here.

7 days for Cabin

7 days because cabin was a suite

7 days because they must have spent at least $2,100 ($300 = 1 day)

3 x 7 = 21 days.

Did you do any spending in advance of sailing? Book any Pinnacle Dinners? Buy any excursions?

Did you receive any gifts?

Did you buy a drink card etc?

The value of gifts are credited to your account and any pre-cruise spending also is applied toward spending credit.

Did you do any spending in advance of sailing? Book any Pinnacle Dinners? Buy any excursions?

Did you receive any gifts?

Did you buy a drink card etc?

The value of gifts are credited to your account and any pre-cruise spending also is applied toward spending credit.

No Pinnacle dinners, no excursions, no drink cards, no spa.

The only "gifts" we received, were shipboard credit totalling $250, along with $100 for having CCL stock.

Including gratuities, cocktails at dinner, purchases from the gift shop, we spent $335 of the $350 (sorry, not $315). And the $15 credit I had leftover was refunded to my credit card.

This is my first cruise with HAL. I'm not complaining about the extra day, just curious :P I was only expecting to receive 7 + 1 day.

The shipboard credit explains it.

The $250 you spent that was offset with the credit pushed you close enough to an additional spending day that they gave it to you.

No Pinnacle dinners, no excursions, no drink cards, no spa.

The only "gifts" we received, were shipboard credit totalling $250, along with $100 for having CCL stock.

Including gratuities, cocktails at dinner, purchases from the gift shop, we spent $335 of the $350 (sorry, not $315). And the $15 credit I had leftover was refunded to my credit card.

This is my first cruise with HAL. I'm not complaining about the extra day, just curious :P I was only expecting to receive 7 + 1 day.

Sounds like they added your credits and your "spends" together to get the 2 days! Wow:)

Sounds like they added your credits and your "spends" together to get the 2 days! Wow:)

Prevously I asked HAL about credits and bonus days and got this response:

Pre-purchased shipboard credits will be reflective on the guest?s onboard account as a credit similar to how payments are reflected on the account. This credit will then be debited against any purchases made by the guest during the cruise. As 1 cruise day credit is earned for every USD $300.00 spent onboard guests utilizing the shipboard credit must spend USD $300.00 in qualifying purchases in order to qualify for 1-onboard spending day bonus credit. For example if a guest pre-purchases 1 USD $300.00 shipboard credit the guest does not receive 1 bonus day credit for the act of purchasing the credit, however once the guest spends the $300.00 on qualified purchases onboard the 1 bonus day will have been earned.
[/font]

It looks like the poster got one bonus for the first $300 and another for the $25.

Something is wrong here.

Sail7Seas got it :-)

14 days for the suite and 7 for spending $2100. We actually spent quite a bit more (we had our wedding on board), but 7 days was the max credit for a 7 day cruise :)

Sail7Seas got it :-)

14 days for the suite and 7 for spending $2100. We actually spent quite a bit more (we had our wedding on board), but 7 days was the max credit for a 7 day cruise :)

PLEASE..... tell us about the wedding.

We'd love to hear how it went.

Congratulations. Hope you have wonderful memories of your special day. :)

Most of the President's Club members I have spoken with are quite circumspect about their position. They tend not to bring it up, and don't discuss any benefits they may receive.

It is my understanding that there are only about fifty total members worldwide so I don't think the discussion group will be particularly large.

Scott & Karen

It is my understanding that there are only about fifty total members worldwide so I don't think the discussion group will be particularly large.

Scott & Karen

That we know of...... :)

We've only met four people (two couples) that we know are members of President's Club. It's a small group.

I've seen a few photos of President's Club members dining on World or Grand Voyages with HAL Executives and recognized a few faces. We have no personally met those people but know we sailed with them. :)

We spent $404.00 on board and received 2 days credit. I had also prepaid a pinnacle grill reservation for 4, so that's another $100, but I still don't know how we got 2 days. Not complaining, but puzzled.

AHOY SHIPMATES

It seems like I GOOFED again on my post about the extra pts for spending. I did a poker cruise a long time ago without DW so I have more days than her.

Here's another statement that will invoke the wrath of some "

" Days should be days sailed and nuttin else." Invent another pin for the neptune and etc. or something else frivelous but leave the days figure pure.

Archived