Mariner Society Onboard Spending Bonus

tacrum43

Does anyone know if shore excursions that are booked before you board the ship still count towards the onboard spending bonus for Mariner Society qualification?

I booked mine ahead of time for my cruise in August for best availability. However, it would be unfortunate to not get the extra Mariner Society credits that you would when booking them on the ship.

What is the formula for points Vs spending?

$300 spend counts as one day to a max of equivalent days of the cruise.

First cruise = 1 Star

30 days = 2 star

75 days = 3 star

200 days = 4 star

I think there's even a 5 star but not sure how many days earn that.

Mumsy.

$300 spend counts as one day to a max of equivalent days of the cruise.

First cruise = 1 Star

30 days = 2 star

75 days = 3 star

200 days = 4 star

I think there's even a 5 star but not sure how many days earn that.

Mumsy.

5-Star Mariner

Guests who collect 500 or more Cruise Day credits join our elite group of 5-Star Mariners. There are also awards for number of days actually at sea (without day credits)

Ray

HAL is running two award programs at the same time.

First cruise - 1 Star

30 days - 2 Star

75 days - 3 Star

200 days - 4 Star

500 days - 5 star

You can acquire days through spending. Extra days are given to people who stay in suites.

Medallions -- Can only ACTUAL SAILING days

100 days -- Copper Medal

300 days -- Silver Medal

500 days -- Gold Medal

700 days -- Platinum Medal

1100 days -- Invitation to the Presidents Club

First cruise - 1 Star

30 days - 2 Star

75 days - 3 Star

200 days - 4 Star

500 days - 5 star

You can acquire days through spending. Extra days are given to people who stay in suites.

100 days -- Copper Medal

300 days -- Silver Medal

500 days -- Gold Medal

For the Medallion Program, the only other days added are days on an Alaska Land Tour with HAL.

No bonus days count toward Medallion Program.

First cruise - 1 Star

30 days - 2 Star

75 days - 3 Star

200 days - 4 Star

500 days - 5 star

100 days -- Copper Medal

300 days -- Silver Medal

500 days -- Gold Medal

Anyone know what the perks are for being in the president's club?

I thought invitation to President's Club was 1400 days (but I could be wrong).

That's what I thought, too. And I was also under the impression that an invitation was not automatic upon achieving that number of days.

That's what I thought, too. And I was also under the impression that an invitation was not automatic upon achieving that number of days.

Wonder if the president's club get free internet on board?:D

Wonder if the president's club get free internet on board?:D

Most of the President's Club members I have spoken with are quite circumspect about their position. They tend not to bring it up, and don't discuss any benefits they may receive.

I, on the other hand, will blab everything as soon as I become a member. Check back here for details. ;)

Most of the President's Club members I have spoken with are quite circumspect about their position. They tend not to bring it up, and don't discuss any benefits they may receive.

I, on the other hand, will blab everything as soon as I become a member. Check back here for details. ;)

Woooo hoooo!!

Good for you, Ruth!!!!!!! Finally someone with some sense who will let us know!

Really, though, I can't figure out why President's Club has to be such a big secret.

That has been our experience also.

Though having drinks, lunch, chatting with two different couples who are President's Club, they spoke little about it. :)

We minded our manners and didn't 'press' for info though I would have welcomed anything they wished to share. :D

All spending done either in advance of your cruise or while aboard are added into your total. All ship sponsored excursions will be added. :)

Great news. Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how it is split up for two people in the same cabin? Is it the person who paid for the excursions or is it split evenly? Or do you get to double count each $300 towards more credits for both people (seems unlikely).

Hehe. :D

Anything you pre-book for your cruise counts towards your spending bonus -- shore excursions, alcohol, wine, gifts, pre-booked speciality restaurants.

I'm glad to hear the other spending counts too. At this rate, I should be a two star mariner after my first HAL cruise. :)

Does anyone know how it is split up for two people in the same cabin? Is it the person who paid for the excursions or is it split evenly? Or do you get to double count each $300 towards more credits for both people (seems unlikely).

You both get credit for each day and each $300 regardless who pays.

Mumsy.

Yes. DH pays the bills but I get credit for all spending we do. :)

A win-win for me. :)

From HAL's Mariner Society web page:

Onboard Spending Bonus
Earn one bonus cruise day credit for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus*.

Exactly how long will we have to wait, Ruth? :)

Exactly how long will we have to wait, Ruth? :)

My first HAL cruise was in 1978, and I'm well over 1/3 of the way there! Maybe the end of the next ice age??? :eek:

I seriously doubt we'll get there as we aren't likely to do a World Cruise. All our days have been accumulated on short (by World Cruise standards :)) cruises. We haven't done a Grand Voyage yet.

But it will be fun trying. :)

Archived