Ladies ... I need your help ... VOTE!

Just MHO - both are pretty but if it were me - I'd pick the 2nd dress. The one with the ruched bodice. The material on the 1st dress is very shiny and I find that it is not as flattering in photos. :o

I wish I knew how true to size these are ... I have a DB bridesmaid dress, although it's a short style, in 12 that fits fine. It's basically dress #1, only short.

My wedding dress, also from DB, though, is a 14.

The "final sale" part scares me a bit. I know the 14 will fit, but I worry about it being wrinkled beyond all belief. The 12 should be flowy enough that it would be OK I THINK ... I'd hate to spend that much and it not work though. Naturally, the sizes left are 12 and then an 18. Which I'd be swimming in.:eek:

I like them both but the fact that #2 is not returnable would scare me away. My daughter's wedding dress came from David's. They measured her and said she should have a size 14, she normally wore an 8 and would not get the 14. The 8 she ordered was perfect. Their sizes are all over the place. I can't believe mail order companies that will not accept returns.:eek:

Edited by Scrapnana

I think it depends on the ship. What ship are you sailing?

I love #1, but I think it is "too" dressy for certain ships (Carnival, NCL, RCCL)...

#2 looks more comfortable and adapts to most ships and as most people have already stated, it looks like it will travel much better than #1. (no ironing)

Both are gorgeous....:o

We are on Carnival. I've been on several cruise lines and know the formal night, regardless the line, is interpreted differently. I usually just do a cocktail length dress and my dude does a tie and slacks ... I think he wore a jacket once and was in the minority - that was a RC cruise, if memory serves.

However, our wedding is a week prior to this cruise so we (um, I, who am I fooling) was going to kick it up a notch. And the price of either one of these dresses is actually less than I've paid for most of my cocktail dresses.

I tried on my mom's matron of honor DB dress ... it is a 14 and it is loose around the hips and boobages :eek: while the 12 I wore as bridesmaid in a wedding last summer fits perfectly.

Considering the materials, and my hatred of ironing, I decided to chance it and ordered the jersey one (#2.) I hope it works out in my favor!

Thanks all for the comments and input. I'll let you know how it goes ... the dress is due to be delivered toward the end of the week.