Article about the planes landing at St. Maarten

Thanks for posting this link. My boyfriend just got even more excited about our July cruise on Valor!!!! We will definitely try to get pictures like these!!!

Just went to Maho last week. We opted for the quieter Tortuga Beach Cafe at the other end of the beach next to the Royal Islander Club. Equally great view, $2 beers and they'll let you hang out in the shade for hours. If Sunset is too crowded for you, check it out.

Its one of the coolest things we have done. There used to be a eatery there also with burgers and such. I wonder if its still there

As of May 1st, the Sunset Bar and Grill was still there.

closeenough.jpg

Just keep in mind that sand and debris flies everywhere when these planes are flying in right over you. I've even some people holding on to the fence so they don't blow over.

Very cool to see though.

Just keep in mind that sand and debris flies everywhere when these planes are flying in right over you. I've even some people holding on to the fence so they don't blow over.

Very cool to see though.

That's more when planes are taking off rather than landing though.

I didnt get blown around when they were landing.

A landing plane is almost halfway down the runway when it touches down and puts the jet blast at beach level. When they gun the engines starting the take- off they are just a few feet from the fence (and the people who think hanging out there is a good way to spend part of their day). I suppose doing it once might seem a thrill -- but the people who come back on several cruises .....wow!

Archived