Car rental juneau

dsw39

We have 10hrs in Juneau from 10am-8pm. Planning on visiting Mendenhall Glacier which will cost $36 for two people using the bus! Has anyone rented a car with a port pickup and what price did you pay. Juneau Car Rental seems to rent older cars but their website doesn't provide any information short of calling directly. The car would afford us the ability to visit other attractions.

Thanks

Dave

We are paying $63.25 including tax for a "large" car for 5 people in early June. Have plans to see Mendenhall Glacier & Glacier Gardens as well as some scenic drives.

Hi Who are you renting from and do they pick you up at the dock and allow you to return it to the dock? At that rate, we could take the bus to the glacier, take a cab to the gardens and a local bus back to the pier. A car would be easier.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Who are you renting from and do they pick you up at the dock and allow you to return it to the dock? At that rate, we could take the bus to the glacier, take a cab to the gardens and a local bus back to the pier. A car would be easier.

Thanks

Dave

Avis is an easy walk, with no mobility limitations.

I just found out that National will be running a shuttle this year from downtown to their airport location. Prices seem to be the same as the Avis location downtown though, so the convenience of being able to walk to pick up the car might be better. At least it is another option.

I just found out that National will be running a shuttle this year from downtown to their airport location. Prices seem to be the same as the Avis location downtown though, so the convenience of being able to walk to pick up the car might be better. At least it is another option.

Thanks! The $86 charge is more than my original route of bus to glacier cab to gardens and local bus back to pier. I just have to consider local bus schedules.

I didn't mind renting an older vehicle if the cost was justified for the convenience of it's use.

Dave

We have 10hrs in Juneau from 10am-8pm. Planning on visiting Mendenhall Glacier which will cost $36 for two people using the bus! Has anyone rented a car with a port pickup and what price did you pay. Juneau Car Rental seems to rent older cars but their website doesn't provide any information short of calling directly. The car would afford us the ability to visit other attractions.

Thanks

Dave

It's probably not enough to affect your budget and/or decision, but the blue bus is $8 each way, so $16 round trip x 2 people = $32.

It's probably not enough to affect your budget and/or decision, but the blue bus is $8 each way, so $16 round trip x 2 people = $32.

Yes I was figuring blue bus to the glacier for $16, cab to garden $17 and local bus back to town for $4. A car would be nice to continue on to see more attractions. Someone talked about Juneau Car Rental located in town with older cars at reasonable prices. I have no interest in picking up a car at the airport which would be a waste of valuable time. I havn't looked at finding another couple to share in renting a car for the day, but this is an alternative.

Thanks for all the good suggestions

Dave

Juneau Car Rental has a satellite office over near the AJ dock in Juneau. From the AJ dock it is about a 5 minute walk. From town you are looking at around 15 minutes.

Thanks! Do you know what they charge for a small car for the day? I will need to call to get the necessary information as their website dosn"t offer any information. Also what type of reputation do they have?

Thanks

Dave

Archived