Does anyone use the Crusin/Snoozin signs?

Last cruise my husband was really sick the first couple of days. Not seasick, but I guess he came down with a stomach bug or something. Woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog. I put up the Snoozin' sign when my kids and I went out so the room steward wouldn't bother my sick sleeping hubby. The next morning we got a knock on the door. The room steward was there with security checking to make sure everything was okay since we had the Snoozin' sign up for 24 hours. We assured them everything was fine. I guess they were checking to make sure there were no dead people in there or something. lol They sure are thorough!

They started checking cabins after an elderly couple jumped off the Paradise a few years ago. They were discovered missing when they hadn't dinged off the ship. The snoozin' sign was up on Wednesday evening, cruise ended on a Friday.

We almost always use the sign.

Yep.... always, the one time we forgot the cabin stewart knocked and walked in before we could let him know we were in the room. Yep... he walked in and caught us in the act, so now we make sure to put up the sign.

That's precisely why I always lock the dead bolt ;)

Forgot to put the Snoozin' and the room steward interrupted our screwin'.

True story. I think it upset her more than us, she didn't make eye contact with us for the rest of the cruise.

OMG!!! That is the funniest thing:D:D:D

I'm stealing the sign now! I want one for home.

We always have the door hanger out - don't want to be disturbed while we are there and like to make it easier for the stewards to know they can get in when we are gone.

I saw that we had one of those doorhangars with Cruisin and Snoozin on it in our stateroom. We never used it . I was wondering if any does?

Sorry, but if you don't use it how do you let the steward know that you are out and want the room made up? Why are you making it so difficult for the steward?

On the first day when the steward comes by to introduce himself and open the mini bar on ships that have them the stewards have always told us to please use the door hanger, especially in the morning when you go to breakfast and if you have MTD. They generally know in the evening if you have early or late seating and can gauge when you are out of the room, but with MTD or for the buffet eaters it is hard for them to know otherwise.

I saw that we had one of those doorhangars with Cruisin and Snoozin on it in our stateroom. We never used it . I was wondering if any does?

We use our at night and in the morning when we leave the cabin we put it back in the cabin so our cabin steward knows that we've left.

At hotels, I leave the "do not disturb" sign out whenever we're in the room. So we always put the "Snoozin" sign out when we're in the cabin. Don't recall if we've used the "Cruisin" sign, but I guess it does make it easier for the steward if we do, so will plan to next time.

Sorry, but if you don't use it how do you let the steward know that you are out and want the room made up? Why are you making it so difficult for the steward?

On the first day when the steward comes by to introduce himself and open the mini bar on ships that have them the stewards have always told us to please use the door hanger

I've never had a steward mention that. I don't think not using the sign makes it difficult for the steward, and since it is two sided, that means they expect you to use it EVERY time you leave or enter the room. At hotels you generally only use it if you WANT service, or want to be left alone. It has never bothered me to have a room steward knock, and then we generally leave if we are able. But really, I only need my room done every 3-4 days, for new towels, not twice a day, so if they only came when the sign was out- no big deal to me. (But I'd miss the towel animal...)

NCL has apparently done a switch system on their newest ships, rather than a door card. That seems like a very clever idea.

I think it helps the room stewards to know if you're in or out of the room, so we always used them. When we left in the morning we would put the cruisin' sign out, and again when we left to go to dinner and the show or something, and if we were in the room in the afternoon and wanted to take a nap we would put the snoozin' sign out.

Like many we used the "crusin" one when we left in the mornings for breakfast or brunch and occasionally when we went to dinner (had ATD). It was mainly for the benefit of the room steward. A couple of times DH would head out first with DD to take her to camp, while I finished getting ready. Shortly after they would leave, I would hear a knock at my door and tell him a few minutes. So I put that on the door to let him know that I had gone ,especially since we were usually only gone a couple of hours at a time.

We ALWAYS use the sign as a courtesy to our room steward. Helps keeps things running smoothly.

I used it with a room service menu order and it was stolen by the RS person :0

How do you know RS took it? Why would they purposely steal something like that?

I placed the snoozing sign behind the RS hanger so they would see it. I checked about 20 minutes later to see if it had been picked up. Both were missing. It was never replaced.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I placed the snoozing sign behind the RS hanger so they would see it. I checked about 20 minutes later to see if it had been picked up. Both were missing. It was never replaced.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'm a night person and have been known to sleep in until noon or 1 p.m. so I always use the card each night. Sometimes kids will take the cards or turn them backwards, but most of the stewards have some extras on their cart.

I was on NCL in November for the first time in 25 years and looked everywhere for the card and just couldn't find it. I finally tracked down a steward who walked back to the room with me and pointed out the little thingie on the door where you could just slide a metal tab to either the snooze or the cruise function. I was embarrassed, but thought it was a very good system. :o

Archived