No towel animals in the cabin

Just sailed on the Oasis May 4-11, 2013. 7 day cruise. The entire week not one time did they ever make any towel into an animal or is it that they don't do that on Oasis. You know, the stateroom attendant takes a towel and turns into some sort of animal and leaves it on the bed

That:s too bad! I love towel animals. I am just off the Grandeur of the Seas and we had towel animals/decorations about half the time including a heart shaped one on our anniversary. Sometimes it is the small touches that make the cruise.

Why did you wait till you got back to ask? Seems like asking on the ship would be the thing to do:rolleyes:

You are right. I should have asked. I was enjoying the cruise so much. The towel animal was the least on my mind. lol

Edited by medicmiami
spelling error

We sailed the Oasis the week before you. I noticed that we got chocolates on our pillow the second night and not the third :( The next morning I heard my husband tell our room steward how much I enjoyed the chocolates. She then explained to him that they were instructed to only do towel animals and chocolates on formal nights...cutbacks. However, I did get chocolates every night after :D AND she was thanked ever so much at the end of the cruise :D

We enjoy towel animals so once we get to our cabin we either tell the room attendant that we love them and give them a tip or leave them a note and a tip.

We appreciate that they have a lot of cabins to take care of and towel animals take time.

It's nice to come back from dinner or a show and have one waiting for us.

On the Norwegian Sky we had them twice a day and we formed a zoo on the couch.

Hey - it's vacation and fun is fun.

Just sailed on the Oasis May 4-11, 2013. 7 day cruise. The entire week not one time did they ever make any towel into an animal or is it that they don't do that on Oasis. You know, the stateroom attendant takes a towel and turns into some sort of animal and leaves it on the bed

We were on the sailing the week before you.

We got 3 towel animals and chocolate on formal night.

Personally, I really don't care for the towel animals. If they disappeared, I wouldn't care. Don't kill me. I have no interest in the chocolate, either.

I get more excited to get back to my room to look over the next day's compass.:D

NO TOWELS ANIMLS!! I will be so disappointed if I don't get any. My DH has never been on a cruise before and he is getting tired of me raving about the towel animals. I may have to talk to the room attendant about that:p Other than no animals, how was the cruise?? I can't wait to go next month

NO TOWELS ANIMLS!! I will be so disappointed if I don't get any. My DH has never been on a cruise before and he is getting tired of me raving about the towel animals. I may have to talk to the room attendant about that:p Other than no animals, how was the cruise?? I can't wait to go next month

The cruise on the Oasis was wonderful. I really don't have any complaints. Everyone was awesome. The service, the room, the shows, etc

The only down side I saw was that the complimentary drinks was not on top of their list. At the windjammer during operating hours you could get Lemonade, Coffee, milk, orange juice, etc

But outside of that it was either water, coffee or tea and they did not have self service dispenser for complimentary drinks like I've seen on other ships throughout the ship. You have to go to a food venue, windjammer or the wipeout cafe. The wipeout cafe is by the pool. Food is good. However all they had for drinks was iced water. They offered flavored water as an option. But the flavor water had no taste whatsoever and the ice machine was always out of ice

I would recommend the soda package for soda drinkers, or other drink packages. Otherwise you stuck with iced water.

But other than that it was the best cruise I've been on. Would do it again over and over

Edited by medicmiami
spelling correction

I would have been gutted if I hadn't had a towel animal!

Went on Allure last November and had a really special cabin attendant who just couldn't do enough for you. We had towel animals and chocolates every night and he even showed us how to make a few of the animals so we could do it at home and my hubby has been known to find a towel elephant on the bed occasionally!

Will be cruising next month and will definitely drop a hint about the towel animals or I even might make one for my attendant!!! :D

Aren't people different - see I don't like towel animals at all and would not have noticed that there were none. :). I think I have only had about 2 in all my cruises.

Pity for all you who look forward to them though

I guess if the attendants are not busy, they will make towel animals.

Towel animals are nice touch, but it is not a necessity. More important that the attendant keep the cabin cleaned.

No towel animal is no problem. Problem is when there is an animal (or their little cousins) in your cabin :p !

Towel animals are old fashioned, rubbish and a money making venture.

:confused: I don't understand how they make RCI any money.

The way I see it... if we get them, fine. If not, ok. And that's regardless of whether our kids are with us. I don't see the big deal ("I'd be disappointed if I don't get a towel animal"). Expect none and then you can be surprised if you get one.

Quite frankly, last year on the Allure was the first time that I had EVER had a towel animal! (However, I had taken a 7 year hiatus from cruising.) :( I thought they were cute. We only had 3 the entire 7 day cruise, I would have liked more, but I'm sure with this size of Allure, that wasn't practical. Now, cruising back in the 90's, they made animals from your nightie!! I always thought they were interesting, if not a little personally invasive!