Is it easy to find a taxi in Messina port to Taormina for 7 people

maodd

and how much for the taxi. The RCL asks for ~$45/pp only for the transport to Taormina, is that a good? Can we find a taxi for 7 people for ~eruo 200?

Or can any one recommend a good tour company in Messina to Taromina?

Thank you very much for your help.

We used the RCL transport and found it well worth it, albeit there were only two of us. If you've not been there before it's a good 45 minutes - 1 hour drive. Whatever you decide, by all means find a way to get to Taormina - one of my favorite places in the world!

Thank you very much for the replies. If we take the RCL tour, they only go to Taormina, however, I also like to take a look in the town of Castlemola, so I have to choose either the taxi (Van) or a tour company to take us there. Is it easy to find a van (not a car) to bring us to these 2 places?

Thank you very much for the replies. If we take the RCL tour, they only go to Taormina, however, I also like to take a look in the town of Castlemola, so I have to choose either the taxi (Van) or a tour company to take us there. Is it easy to find a van (not a car) to bring us to these 2 places?

Sorry, don't really know, maybe try a google search for Messina transport service? Good luck :)

We used the RCL transport and found it well worth it, albeit there were only two of us. If you've not been there before it's a good 45 minutes - 1 hour drive. Whatever you decide, by all means find a way to get to Taormina - one of my favorite places in the world!

There were 5 of us and we took a private driver. He had a van and drove us to Taormina and return. With 5 of us, it was great and we were able to get there in a great van with fabulous air, bottled water and a very knowledgeable driver. Very pleasant. Because it was just us, we were able to stop along the drive to be able to take some fabulous photos and he was able to tell us all the history around the area. I'm not sure how much it was, but I think we even came out cheaper than with the RCL transport. Beautiful place!!!

We used this guy, he was excellent. Very friendly service and a good vehicle. He'll give you a quote when you get in touch. Sorry I put the wrong link in, will have to find the card.

Edited by Leebies

JUST returned from a cruise of the Med. My group of 7 used Sicily With Mario and toured with Ignacio. He was GREAT. We chose to do the Taormina and Catelmola tour(#1). He was very informative, and also allowed some time on our own in Taormina. We had a nice lunch at a mother/son owned restaurant Ignacio recommended in Castelmola with an awesome view of Mount Eta. The tour ended with a brief tour of the Messina highlights. HIGHLY recommend. http://www.sicilywithmario.com

Edited by TravelingDiva1

• 2 years later...
and how much for the taxi. The RCL asks for ~$45/pp only for the transport to Taormina, is that a good? Can we find a taxi for 7 people for ~eruo 200?

Or can any one recommend a good tour company in Messina to Taromina?

Thank you very much for your help.

We are interested in a trip to Taormina and Catelmola. Do you need two more people for your trip?

JUST returned from a cruise of the Med. My group of 7 used Sicily With Mario and toured with Ignacio. He was GREAT. We chose to do the Taormina and Catelmola tour(#1). He was very informative, and also allowed some time on our own in Taormina. We had a nice lunch at a mother/son owned restaurant Ignacio recommended in Castelmola with an awesome view of Mount Eta. The tour ended with a brief tour of the Messina highlights. HIGHLY recommend. http://www.sicilywithmario.com

How much did he charged you pp?

I think you are replying to a post from 2013...the tour was most likely filled.

Thanks for the follow-up. I was mixing my Roll Call posts. I was able to contact Sicily Taxi Service and they should work out for me.