Royal Princess booking Question.

BoPippy

I am going crazy waiting to be able to book a 20 day Caribbean cruise on the Emerald for April 2015.I only see openings to February 2015 so far.

anyone know when this date will open up?:eek:

Every sailing for March,April,May is sold out for any Aft room on any floor(let alone Caribe Deck 10)that i wanted.Even every outside balcony on Caribe deck is Sold out for every sailing.Luck of the Irish!!!:(

That sounds rather odd. Did you call Princess directly or just try through the website?

I must admit that I'm excited with my score today. I just booked a B2B on the new Regal and got cabin B736 - Baja premium deluxe aft for both cruises! I'm stoked! Now I can't wait until Nov. 2014. Talk about wishing my life away!

Every sailing for March,April,May is sold out for any Aft room on any floor(let alone Caribe Deck 10)that i wanted.Even every outside balcony on Caribe deck is Sold out for every sailing.Luck of the Irish!!!:(

We got our 20 day booking for March 19th, 2015, but every cabin we asked for was gone, but we did get something similar in the same cat and area, so we are OK with it.

We just finished booking the 2014-2015 winter on the Royal. It's tricky...we wanted the same cabin for the winter, and, except for a couple of the fall cruises, we had to book as 20-night cruises. Our cabin showed unavailable for the 10-night cruises.

It's quite possible that the opposite is true for other cabins; what's available for 10-night cruises might not be available for 20-night cruises.

We just finished booking the 2014-2015 winter on the Royal. It's tricky...we wanted the same cabin for the winter, and, except for a couple of the fall cruises, we had to book as 20-night cruises. Our cabin showed unavailable for the 10-night cruises.

It's quite possible that the opposite is true for other cabins; what's available for 10-night cruises might not be available for 20-night cruises.

Good thinking....just did a test, and some cabins that we wanted are not available for a 20 day booking but are available for the two 10 days bookings for the same time period.

We got our 20 day booking for March 19th, 2015, but every cabin we asked for was gone, but we did get something similar in the same cat and area, so we are OK with

I am happy you got close to what you wanted.:):):)

This afternoon,I called my TA and she was able to get me the room I wanted C740 aft.I guess you can't always see the rooms researching on your own.

Then my DW informs me that I am 61 and she is 50 and she wants to retire (since I have been for 6 years)in the next couple of years and buy a property in Ft.Myers,Florida rather than spend between up to $12 or $13,000.00 on a 3week cruise.(cruise,flights,drinks,tours,etc) and put that $$$ towards a place down South.

She tells me when we are at that point,we can look at last minute cruises out of Florida when we are both retired and living there 6 months of the year.

I guess I found out who I already knew was the sensible one in the family today!

Actually,it was a pretty good deal she is offering me anyways...living down South for the entire winter and still going on cheaper,last minute cruises.I might have to learn to like an inside room(not)

:):):)

We are booked on the Royal for 2014. When they opened up the bookings they only listed a small amount of rooms showing vacant, which seemed strange as it had just become available for booking. My TA was able to find us rooms not listed on the site and then more became available later on. Not sure why they are doing this but they seemed to be withholding rooms at first. Keep checking or have your TA check for you.

Good thinking....just did a test, and some cabins that we wanted are not available for a 20 day booking but are available for the two 10 days bookings for the same time period.

It was like that on the Emerald too. The difference is that we knew, on the Emerald, which cabins were targeted for 20-night cruises vs. 10-night cruises. The Royal was obviously completely different.

Historically, we've liked booking 10-night cruises instead of 20-night cruises, but with the port charges averaging $90 per couple higher if booked as two 10-nights cruises vs. booking as a 20-night cruise, coupled with the lower OBC associated with the booking 10-night cruises with the new FCCs, it worked out well for us that the cabin we wanted could generally be booked only for 20-night cruises.

Archived