Room Service Hot Breakfast

retafcruiser

Are you kidding? You have to be in an A1 class or higher for a hot room service breakfast??? That is ridiculous!! Almost makes me want to give up on Oceania entirely and just cruise on Regent or Crystal.

Are you kidding? You have to be in an A1 class or higher for a hot room service breakfast???

If you are in an A 2, 3 & 4 you can also get a hot breakfast :rolleyes:

Are you kidding? You have to be in an A1 class or higher for a hot room service breakfast??? That is ridiculous!! Almost makes me want to give up on Oceania entirely and just cruise on Regent or Crystal.

I assume this is sarcasm; otherwise it does not make sense as worded. if you only now knew this fact then why would it cause you to 'almost give up on Oceania entirely"? It has apparently never affected you in the past so I cannot understand how it would cause one to 'give up' now. Must be sarcasm

I assume this is sarcasm; otherwise it does not make sense as worded. if you only now knew this fact then why would it cause you to 'almost give up on Oceania entirely"? It has apparently never affected you in the past so I cannot understand how it would cause one to 'give up' now. Must be sarcasm

No, I was not being sacastic. I was/am geniunely surprised, as it had never occurred to me that a hot room service breakfast could be regarded as a privilege only afforded to some. Especially on an upscale line like Oceania.

BTW, we have never cruised on Oceania but are seriously considering it due to an itinerary that we find particularly delightful. Therefore, I indeed did not know this fact regarding the room service. We find it quite nice to have hot breakfast and coffee delivered to our stateroom, especially on a port -intensive itinerary such as the one we are considering.

BTW, we have never cruised on Oceania but are seriously considering it due to an itinerary that we find particularly delightful. Therefore, I indeed did not know this fact regarding the room service. We find it quite nice to have hot breakfast and coffee delivered to our stateroom, especially on a port -intensive itinerary such as the one we are considering.

There are many differences on Oceania than other cruise lines

Some more research on the ships & services may help with your decision

If a hot breakfast is a deal breaker & you cannot swing for the Conceirge level Cabins maybe Regent or Crystal is a better fit for you

Enjoy what ever cruise you choose

This gets a lot of press here but really is no big thing. On our last trip we were upgraded from a ocean view to a A1 room so we had the special breakfast deal. I expected a type of menu like X has for the upscale rooms, it was not, just eggs and meat. The options are far better in the MDR or the buffet. You can get coffee in any room. In MHO the room was not worth the listed price difference. The trip was great, I would not let the lack of eggs stop me from going.

This gets a lot of press here but really is no big thing. On our last trip we were upgraded from a ocean view to a A1 room so we had the special breakfast deal. I expected a type of menu like X has for the upscale rooms, it was not, just eggs and meat. The options are far better in the MDR or the buffet. You can get coffee in any room. In MHO the room was not worth the listed price difference. The trip was great, I would not let the lack of eggs stop me from going.

I too had always hoped for an upgrade or booked a concierge to have a hot breakfast (not the only reason we booked A cat) but now we are going back to B. Would love PH but doing 2 cruises a year it gets pricey especially since DH just retired, so we will have the lovely choc croissants, perhaps some yogurt, berries and coffee, then set out for the day. If we want we can still go have "hot breakfast" in 3 different venues GDR, Waves, Terrace. We have found that with age, having a big "hot breakfast" did not "sit" well with us about 2 hours into shore excursion. They have a good muesli in waves BTW

+3 for Paulchili

When you are right you are right :D

+5

I am booked in 2014 for my first O cruise (westbound TA on Marina) and the fee-free specialty dining was a big selling point for me. I've never used room service on any of my previous cruises as it was nice to get out of the room and have a leisurely breakfast somewhere up top. Sometimes we were lucky enough to have the room already made up by the time we came back. Will be in some form of a suite on this cruise and most likeky will take advantage of dining in the room for dinner.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

I too had always hoped for an upgrade or booked a concierge to have a hot breakfast (not the only reason we booked A cat) but now we are going back to B. Would love PH but doing 2 cruises a year it gets pricey especially since DH just retired, so we will have the lovely choc croissants, perhaps some yogurt, berries and coffee, then set out for the day. If we want we can still go have "hot breakfast" in 3 different venues GDR, Waves, Terrace. We have found that with age, having a big "hot breakfast" did not "sit" well with us about 2 hours into shore excursion. They have a good muesli in waves BTW

I love muesli! One more good reason to have breakfast up top.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Archived