Snow storm on the way

ARRTrain

At least 3 or maybe even 4 inches here on the ground in east Anchorage. The streets are clear though. A real lite snow is still falling as well.

Sounds what it looks like over on the other side of town, but, I probably only have about 2 inches.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Wind is blowing hard in Whittier. Snow blowing sideways. Snowmen at the front doors of the Terminal.

DH, DS, SIL, and a 4th are camping out up College Fiord...weather is so bad that they've only been able to get through on the SAT phone long enough to say "we're here, we're okay".

The sun has come out here...hopefully it will stay out long enough to melt the 2 inches we received.

Sun's not really out here in town, but, it has stopped, and, must of warmed up enough as the deck, boardwalk, and driveway are cleared, but, parts of the yard still have snow on it.

Susan in Anchorage:)

And tonight's view, featuring a moose seen through the deck rails (obviously our deck is raised about 6 feet) with alpenglow on the mountains. Most of our snow has melted, the sky is clearing, and it should be 70 within a week. But I won't bet any money on that:D

1491038053_mooseandalpenglowmay18.jpg.f00858dd8759a3818165b08508a542a1.jpg

Thanx for the update, MyTime. Loved that last photo w/the moose just off your deck!:D We're flying into Anchorage very late on May 30th (actually very early morning on May 31st:rolleyes:), and will be heading straight up to Denali for three nights. I keep watching the Denali webcam and was pleased last week when the snow kept disappearing - first from the roadways and parking areas, and then the drifts along the side going down, down, down.... Yesterday when I looked the view was quite obscured and when it would clear, the roadways were once again covered (albeit not by measureable amounts of the white stuff) and it was a regular winter wonderland. Ah well, doesn't really matter - my packing list includes the proper clothing for all types of weather - snow included, so we're good to go. Just wish May 30th would hurry up and get here!

Archived