Snow storm on the way

ARRTrain

Ick. We fly into Anchorage on Saturday late afternoon. I hope this doesn't affect anything.

No, snow doesn't affect us! Heck, we got 28 inches one Sunday, and, I went to work on Monday, because it wasn't cancelled.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Ick. We fly into Anchorage on Saturday late afternoon. I hope this doesn't affect anything.

Well, it may affect you vision of Alaska you can tell your friends you know what Alaska looks like in "winter" (not really, but snap a few pics and they won't know....);)

For years my office was next to the Captain Cook statue at 3rd and L; I remember once walking past a tour bus parked at the statue on the June solstice during a brief snow flurry. The look on the faces of the bus passengers... oy.

For years my office was next to the Captain Cook statue at 3rd and L; I remember once walking past a tour bus parked at the statue on the June solstice during a brief snow flurry. The look on the faces of the bus passengers... oy.

Well, we'll set a record for snow fall-if it comes for the date. It will be the 2nd latest official snowfall in recorded history too....So, Anyone up here on that date would be a part of Alaskan history!

Well, we'll set a record for snow fall-if it comes for the date. It will be the 2nd latest official snowfall in recorded history too....So, Anyone up here on that date would be a part of Alaskan history!

Of course it wasn't sticking on June 21, but it wasn't hail (or what we used to call "snail") either.

Is the record for the airport or ? I can't imagine there isn't a pretty late date high up in Hillside or some such.

You know, after the spring snows we've had, I'd rather not be part of history:D It was bad enough last year, with the new 134 inch history, we were part of!

Of course it wasn't sticking on June 21, but it wasn't hail (or what we used to call "snail") either.

Is the record for the airport or ? I can't imagine there isn't a pretty late date high up in Hillside or some such.

From what I understand the official totals come from the Weather Service office over in Sand Lake. So, close to the airport, but, not there.

Of course, totals over this town are all different, because of how the mountains and the water can affect things.

Can be snowing at work, and 5 miles away at home, nothing!

From what I understand the official totals come from the Weather Service office over in Sand Lake. So, close to the airport, but, not there.

Of course, totals over this town are all different, because of how the mountains and the water can affect things.

Can be snowing at work, and 5 miles away at home, nothing!

Hope I'm in the "nothing" part of town. LOL.

Seriously, I've been snowed on in July in the Rocky Mountains and crossed snow on Mt. Ranier but I like looking at it a whole lot more than wearing it. ;)

You know, after the spring snows we've had, I'd rather not be part of history:D It was bad enough last year, with the new 134 inch history, we were part of!

I definitely agree with you...BUT....if it is going to snow at least we can comfort ourselves as being part of yet another bad season record....:p

I remember no too long ago when we were setting record highs......:)

Bring it on! I've still got the snow shovel by the door...

While not Alaska, we had snow in Nebraska 2 weeks ago. It hit 100 this week and my snow shovel was still outside my front door. Go figure.

Just came back from WalMart. Snowing pretty good over here by Cheney Lake in Anchorage.

Sure enough, it's started. So, besides Eastside, it's falling over here in the Dimond/Arctic area.

Tonight, and one year ago. The large tree in the middle of both pictures is the same one. Everything had been green for at least a week last year, and last year was colder than normal. I actually thought "Snow Storm On Way" was being melodramatic, but it wasn't at all.

406222936_May172013.jpg.d4d8e8d80f6d056a4a1c57a42d1a35f2.jpg

1273027247_PerfectMonday.JPG.caa61d7230ecb025df0912820d851593.JPG

Tonight, and one year ago. The large tree in the middle of both pictures is the same one. Everything had been green for at least a week last year, and last year was colder than normal. I actually thought "Snow Storm On Way" was being melodramatic, but it wasn't at all.

Thank you for sharing your pictures -- love the comparison from last year to this year.

Archived