Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Sarge, I apologize if you've answered this before, (and yes, I've read the entire review as it was posted, but am just wondering now,) is The Taste Bar open for breakfast on port days? If so, what time?

I understand that room service may be a bit crazy on port days, where would you say the best place to grab breakfast might be on those days?

Thanks so much!

Hey Sarge -

Maybe a weird question, but are you using a fisheye (extra wide angle) lens for some of your photos, or are some of the plates etc. ovals or other wierd shapes? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sarge, I apologize if you've answered this before, (and yes, I've read the entire review as it was posted, but am just wondering now,) is The Taste Bar open for breakfast on port days? If so, what time?

I understand that room service may be a bit crazy on port days, where would you say the best place to grab breakfast might be on those days?

Thanks so much!

Yes, everyday. Not sure of the hours. One day it closed about 8:30am. I know because I arrived about a minute or two after. They still fixed me a plate. :)

The Taste Bar would be a great place although not quite the selection Lido has. Blue Iguana would be another choice for breakfast. There were a number of omelete stations set up on Lido for breakfast - some never seemed to have a line.

If on a ship tour, the Taste Bar is great because you can carry it directly from there to the Liquid Lounge and wait for your tour. :)

Hey Sarge -

Maybe a weird question, but are you using a fisheye (extra wide angle) lens for some of your photos, or are some of the plates etc. ovals or other wierd shapes? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not a fisheye but do use a wide angle sometimes. Some of the plates are oval, and other weird shapes, plates in the MDR aren't oval but there are oval ones on Lido. There can be distortion with wide angle lenes.

Guest fyree39
Day 8 of 9. Pretty sure it isn't the longest. I still have a Carnival Conquest review from April I need to finish sometime. ;)

I think I gave up on page 30-something. :(

Day 8 of 9. Pretty sure it isn't the longest. I still have a Carnival Conquest review from April I need to finish sometime. ;)

Thanks for keeping the review going Sarge with excellent pictures.

Are all these on your site? Or have you added more recently.

Cheers

Yes, everyday. Not sure of the hours. One day it closed about 8:30am. I know because I arrived about a minute or two after. They still fixed me a plate. :)

The Taste Bar would be a great place although not quite the selection Lido has. Blue Iguana would be another choice for breakfast. There were a number of omelete stations set up on Lido for breakfast - some never seemed to have a line.

If on a ship tour, the Taste Bar is great because you can carry it directly from there to the Liquid Lounge and wait for your tour. :)

Thanks so much!

Sargent,

Thanks for your wonderful review (I'll be making a small donation to your website).

I have a very specific question regarding the Sunshine. We're booked for a 9 day from Barcelona in room 9218 (first room inside lido deck). My question concerns the floor plan and traffic (noise). When you walk inside thru the doors from the lido deck, would everyone be forced to turn left or right towards staterooms? Or, is it like the Conquest where a walkway allows most of the traffic to go straight towards the atrium thus missing the first few rooms? This isn't clear with the floor plans I've seen.

Thank you for any insight on this...

Clint

Sargent,

Thanks for your wonderful review (I'll be making a small donation to your website).

I have a very specific question regarding the Sunshine. We're booked for a 9 day from Barcelona in room 9218 (first room inside lido deck). My question concerns the floor plan and traffic (noise). When you walk inside thru the doors from the lido deck, would everyone be forced to turn left or right towards staterooms? Or, is it like the Conquest where a walkway allows most of the traffic to go straight towards the atrium thus missing the first few rooms? This isn't clear with the floor plans I've seen.

Thank you for any insight on this...

Clint

I think most people would just walk straight through. They are not forced to turn left or right but nothing stopping them. A couple of things that would catch their eye are the Destiny bell and the top of the Atrium.

DSC_7645_Zyde.jpg

Thanks for keeping the review going Sarge with excellent pictures.

Are all these on your site? Or have you added more recently.

Cheers

I believe more are on his site from what I have seen

Everything here is on the website, but there is more on the website. I haven't added much in the way of new recently. The Carnival Sunshine tote bag and cooler was the last and I've posted that somewhere on CC.

I haven't added anything in the middle but have removed some duplicates and I see a few aren't oriented properly so will fix those.

I think most people would just walk straight through. They are not forced to turn left or right but nothing stopping them. A couple of things that would catch their eye are the Destiny bell and the top of the Atrium.

DSC_7645_Zyde.jpg

Thank you! Your knowledge and website are priceless.

Archived