PVP says Suite will be ready by 11:00

klepton

I made final payment on my cruise yesterday, a Grand Suite, and my PVP informed me that my room will be ready by 11:00 on embarkation day, even without FTTF. Everything I've read online indicates differently, so I wondered if this was maybe a new thing. Anyone have any experience?

This is on the Fantasy, which just started FTTF this month.

Well if it has FTTF then it's pretty well assured. Inspiration hasn't even been mentioned to add FTTF. My passes say platinum but I doubt I can get to my cabin without FTTF.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Simply having a suite does not get your cabin ready early.

If your ship has FTTF and you are Platinum, then yes. Your cabin will be ready early. 11am might be a tad early though.

If your ship has FTTF and you are Platinum, then yes. Your cabin will be ready early. 11am might be a tad early though.

All the suites are grouped in the same areas, so the same cabin steward couldnt get them all ready early, though some would bound to be ready, but not all.

I would say it could be ready but its not part of the VIP and FTTF programs for early cabins.

Hmm... this is what I thought too, based on what I had read. But she was very specific about it. I specifically asked if it was true for us even though we didn't purchase FTTF and we are not Platinum, and she said that it did because we had a suite. She even told me that if the doors to the hallway is closed, I can open them and go straight to my room. If anyone asks me I can just tell them I have a suite and they'll let me through.

Maybe she purchased FTTF for me, since I booked so many cabins on this cruise? (big family trip, but only I have a suite :D)

Guess I'll find out for sure in August... :-) I'm not all that concerned about it, would be cool to drop off our carry-ons but not the end of the world if we can't.

Thanks for you comments everyone!

Hmm... this is what I thought too, based on what I had read. But she was very specific about it. I specifically asked if it was true for us even though we didn't purchase FTTF and we are not Platinum, and she said that it did because we had a suite. She even told me that if the doors to the hallway is closed, I can open them and go straight to my room. If anyone asks me I can just tell them I have a suite and they'll let me through.

Maybe she purchased FTTF for me, since I booked so many cabins on this cruise? (big family trip, but only I have a suite :D)

Guess I'll find out for sure in August... :-) I'm not all that concerned about it, would be cool to drop off our carry-ons but not the end of the world if we can't.

You can rest assured that a Carnival PVP did not purchase FTTF for you. If you have it, you are paying for it.

I made final payment on my cruise yesterday, a Grand Suite, and my PVP informed me that my room will be ready by 11:00 on embarkation day, even without FTTF. Everything I've read online indicates differently, so I wondered if this was maybe a new thing. Anyone have any experience?

Although he really can't make that claim, even if the room is ready, they may not start boarding for a myriad of reasons.

We have been extremely fortunate and have never had a delay boarding over the years.

PVPs make their mistakes too. I argued with a PVP last week about ES price drops after final payment and he was adamant that I wouldn't get an OBC just a refund to my credit card......I tried to explain that I've been booking ES for years and have always received OBC's.....

He called back about 10 minutes later and apologized for being wrong...:rolleyes:....he had been a PVP for 8 years.........

I'm convinced that most PVPs and TA's have far less cruising experience than the general public.

I doubt it for regular suites-- but this is a grand suite.. how many of Grand Suites are onboard?

there are just too many suites for a steward to turn over in a very short time

We are in a GS on the Fantasy on the 30th. I do not have FTTF, but just going to use the VIP check in. I have never used it before. Last year on our honeymoon on the Pride, when they saw my husband's limp and cane, they were wonderful and immediately assisted us and we were on the ship so fast that I have no idea how, lol.

I guess I will just go with the flow and get on board when I get on board, lol.

I hope the VIP check in will be cool but in all my cruises, I have never done anything but go thru a "normal " line (with the exception of the Pride) and I guess I am lucky because it never seemed like I had to wait for a long time.

I have never left out of Charleston before and the parking situation sounds really different but I guess as long as I am going to be ON A CRUISE, it is ALL GOOD!!! The drinks and the food are not going anywhere (except with me!:D)

We traveled with a couple on their first carnival cruise. They got a suite and priority boarding before our family (our 5th-gold). They were saving a table up on the lido before we were even on board!

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've had suites but never grand suites. Our suites were never ready that early. I think the earliest we've been in a suite was 1:00.

It is possible but that's if everything goes well. Good lock and I hope you're all settled in by 11:00. Probably won't be on the ship till noon or so.

Archived