Charter Cruise

fabby50

We are thinking about signing up for a charter cruise on NCL next year. For anyone who has gone on an NCL charter, do they honor your status? We will be platinum and I am anxiously awaiting free laundry :)

We have always booked ourselves through the NCL website, so I'm also wondering about booking dining, shore excursions, etc. going through a charter service. Did you have access to the website for booking?

Thanks in advance -

I would think there are some variables that could result in different answers. What sort of charter? Do they control the entire ship? Or do they just have a large group and people can book outside the charter group?

No.

From NCL:

Do chartered cruises or cruises with travel agent rates receive rewards points?

No. Chartered cruises and cruises at travel agent rates do not receive Latitudes Rewards points. Cruises eligible for Latitudes Rewards Points are full tariff cruises taken on Norwegian Cruise Line ships.

Industry reduce rates I understand...private charters that I have been on other fruiselines, I have recived credit

Which private charter are you looking at?

Pretty clear here. No charters on NCL will receive Latitudes credit.

If that is the case, with NCL buying SixthMan Production recently I bet that changes. For many who book

one of the music charters, it's their first cruise experience, and they might want to try a regular cruise and it would be a good business decision to give them credit for the music charter

I really think the NCL/SixthMan arrangement is a brillant move and predict will be copied by Carnival and RCI...it's amazing that even in this current recession, the charters are packed with guests paying premium fares while cruiselines are deeply discounting to fill their ships on their regular sailings.

Archived