Open Jaw Cruising

In the Northern Winter, Carnival is going to operate six eight day cruises from NY to San Juan and return. (News)

Do you think similiar open jaw cruising from Sydney to Darwin, and return, would be popular here, during our winter season?

I think it would be great to be able to cruise to Darwin. Have a holiday in the Northern Territory, in warm weather, then cruise back.

In the Northern Winter, Carnival is going to operate six eight day cruises from NY to San Juan and return. (News)

Do you think similiar open jaw cruising from Sydney to Darwin, and return, would be popular here, during our winter season?

I think it would be great to be able to cruise to Darwin. Have a holiday in the Northern Territory, in warm weather, then cruise back.

Similarly Marion - we would like to be able to cruise to NZ, have a land tour and return by ship :)

Barry

Should work. The Fremantle - the SE Asia cruises have this time slot. It's a bit lacking in ports for those who like a stop, but the weather would be picture-perfect.

Similarly Marion - we would like to be able to cruise to NZ, have a land tour and return by ship :)

Barry

With the number of cruise ships cruising NZ, I wonder if we can do that already, maybe mixing cruise lines.

It would be nice to cruise both ways to NZ.

We flew to Auckland and did a 10 day land tour of the North Island, prior to our cruise from Auckland to Sydney.

Our winter would be the perfect time to do cruises to the north and across the top...across to NZ in winter ? I don't think so and I like motion in my ocean..but I am thinking that would be more motion than most passengers would care for

however I would be right in for a winter cruise up north.

Sue

I have repeatedly written to Princess re their appalling timing of cruises to the South Pacific, Queensland and Northern Australia . Apparently the itineraries are all planned in Miami and those people do not seem to be aware the seasons are reversed in the Southern Hemisphere .

I have suggested to Princess they need to run the cruises to South Pacific, Queensland and Northern Territory in the Australian Winter when the weather is warm in tlose areas, whereas in the Summer it is too hot and humid .

From Melbourne departures to the South pacific in June, July and August would be very popular . Also the 35 day round trip Hawaii departing from Melbourne in the Winter months would be well booked . Princess is as Sydneycentric as Qantas !!!

The Princess itinerary planning people show no great initiative or imagination . For example the 70 day round trip Mediteranean cruise unbelievably returns to Sydney by the East coast of Australia (which it covered on the outbound trip) instead of returning via Western Australia and Melbourne. We live in hope .

Should work. The Fremantle - the SE Asia cruises have this time slot. It's a bit lacking in ports for those who like a stop, but the weather would be picture-perfect.

Picture perfect is a correct way to descried this journey:)

I have done 2 cruises from Fremantle to SE Asia, the water is a millpond and weather tropical hot hot hot all the way, you get so bored with spending so much time in the pool that you yearn for a port day so you con be rushed off your feet and line up in a long tender queue early morning lol

Den

Archived