Price drop

Am going on first cruise this August. Live in the UK and booked with TA 3 weeks ago and paid in full. Have read a few threads on CC about people being give OBC if there is a price drop. Just curious as to how this works? Can anyone advise? :confused:

Am going on first cruise this August. Live in the UK and booked with TA 3 weeks ago and paid in full. Have read a few threads on CC about people being give OBC if there is a price drop. Just curious as to how this works? Can anyone advise? :confused:

The US booking rules are different than UK rules. Best to bring the price drop to the attention of your TA and find out if there are any options.

We booked with a TA in the UK for our cruise next month. There was a significant price drop about a month ago and we got a refund on our credit card for the difference in price - over £500 :D

You need to be aware that not all TA's will honour price drops and that sometimes lower prices are only for new bookings. It's worth keeping an eye on the prices though.

That sounds promising. TA has said to check back in June & July. You did well, that's a substantial refund. Keep receiving emails mentioning cruise sales. Would be happy to spend any refund onboard if I am lucky enough to receive one. Thanks for your advice. Hope you have a great cruise. Thanks also to sender of first response :)

As Bobal said, definitely check your TA allows price drops as some don't honour them in the UK. Also, if they have offered you any OBC, this may be changed as a result of any price drops because it will have an impact on their commission.

If the lower advertised prices are for new bookings only, you will not be entitled to the refund. It is best to check with your TA to see what their T&C are before you build your hopes up of any refunds from price drops ;).

Thanks Villauk. They have said to check back with them but will have a look at the small print. Main thing is that we're going. :D Haven't been overseas in 17 years! We usually holiday in Cornwall or Devon which are of course both lovely, but have always dreamed of going on a cruise :)

Definitely keep checking! We booked with a UK TA and we were able to upgrade stateroom and get a refund too (after final payment). (the upgraded room had a reduction, now it's back up in price again! win for us LOL)

sounds like you lucked out.:):)

That is great. Whilst revisiting my booking confirmation I also spotted that we've got 100$ OBC which I didn't realise we had! That was a nice surprise. Can't think why I didn't notice it before. Can put that to good use I'm sure :D

Archived